Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: lauriesa

Ajay is a great actor though, who is very versatile and a 3x National award winner.

He is, I am just saying even a great actor like him has limited expressions as a Singham (a role similar to Sid’s) 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don’t know why this forum hates him so much. What else did you expect him to do in IPF? It’s not like Ajay as Singham is giving more than one expression either 

I don’t mind Sid and I am shamelessly admitting that I like the most because of his body and looks. And I am not ashamed about it. This is the entertainment industry and we need eye candy too. 

If you think he’s bad I better seeing you protest this hard when Suhana Khan does her second film. Now THAT girl, is an example of someone who should be unemployed 

Sid by far has performed his worst in IPF. This is Aditya Roy Kapoor in Rastra Kavach Om bad. But RKV was done as a tax scam, and Aditya Roy Kapoor has never been this dumb in a official franchise. 

The issue is not 'expression'(s) - you shouldn't have to many, but body language (that is a part of screen presence)

Police roles require a LOT of screen presence more than anything. Sid has one of the worst screen presences in the game (while he's acting - when he just has to look nice he has screen presence because of his looks), especially since his dialogue delivery is not forceful at all. Not only did Sid serve mediocre presence but his dialogue and language was SO different from everyone else it looked pathetic! 

Actually he should have learned from Shilpa Shetty, who has the opposite problem. He could have worked hard and improved, but he is not trying. 

Ajay's example is terrible - he gave a lot of expressions in Singham. But you can take Salman - who usually gives a few expressions. His first Dabangg worked because of his screen presence, but you can tell in sequels there are parts he was not into it, and so the film singlehandedly suffers. 

Take another example - Ranveer Singh in Simmba. Good actor, but he looked weak compared to Ajay, because Ajay had the stronger screen presence in stills while standing together. Ranveer had to put a LOT of effort to match up to Ajay, which is why it was a very difficult performance for him, because otherwise he would have overacted. Simmba was harder for him than Padmavaat. 

No one is asking Sid to do that. But to at least not stick out like a sore thumb. What's sad is that he seemed to be improving, for this to be a huge step back. 

Also the Suhana example makes no sense. She is 5'1. Maybe 5'2 with her weird posture to look taller. No one is actually making her seem like a regular cop (a traditional masculine role) in a mass franchise. You can compare to Ibrahim Ali Khan, with his 'terrorist' movie coming out - they made him shoot for only 10 days because of how weak his dialogue delivery is. 

Edited by VimalPanMasala - 3 months ago

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Actually he should have learned from Shilpa Shetty, who has the opposite problem. He could have worked hard and improved, but he is not trying. 

What's the opposite problem with her?

[Post Removed]

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

What's the opposite problem with her?

Puts in a lot of effort, but ends up doing too much. She could be far more effective if she scaled back on her body language. (because trends since the 90s show that audience prefer less showy movements, this wasn't as great as Sukhee because she hammed quite a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary considering she does not work often).  

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

You must have heard name KJO 

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Just like you hate alia, suhana etc

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

I find Sid n ARK decent in acting. Its not like SRK, salman, Akshay n ajay were great in acting but their luck shined.

Edited by naaznin - 3 months ago
StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: naaznin

I find Sid n ARK decent in acting. Its not like SRK, salman, Akshay n ajay were great in acting but their luck shined.

Ajay is a GREAT actor. I don't understand why people try to downplay his acting and his versatility.