Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 months ago

chapter 3

So Khushi's adopted father is Arnav's grandfather. Subhadra still has some sentiments attached to him. He knew she would do the right thing.

Edited by coderlady - 3 months ago
shimmerywaves thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Yes Khushi's guardian is Arnav's grandfather, thanks for asking that. Gives me a chance to clarify one thing(so I don't create weird relationships)... Khushi was never formally adopted, she was just their ward, her full name being Khushi Kumari. They used the name Kumari as her surname in honor of Devi mayya.

Chapters 4 and 5 coming up soon...

shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Hi ...started reading ur story today ...interesting concept......and ur writing is quite good ...do continue soon ....would love to read more....

shimmerywaves thumbnail

Chapter 4:

That evening, she was called from her room to the courtyard of there small house. Some people were sitting some were standing but most important people of their village were there and so were some curious spectators. She understood they were trying to decide her fate. She took a deep breath and left her fate in Gods hands.

The village head was saying something “Rakesh wants to marry her, if you all agree. We can do the wedding in 3 days. She is 18 she is an adult, and Rakesh doesn’t mind that she is an orphan. His only demand is to write this house and the 2 acres land in his name.”

Her heart thudded, she knew Rakesh, he never left a chance to harass her with his actions and his words. When they were in public, he would insult her and if it was just the 2 of them his words and actions turned very uncomfortable. They way he looked at her, they way he tried to touch her and his double meaning language all made her very disgusted. But if it’s God’s decision to marry him then she will obey.

Then she heard a firm deep husky voice “Who is Rakesh?”

She looked up at the person, he was sitting comfortable in a plastic chair, his body looked relaxed but something told her he was anything but relaxed. Then Rakesh came forward from behind his father who was sitting in one of the chairs.

“that’s Rakesh” the village head introduced. The man silently nodded assessing Rakesh, She noticed Rakesh squirming under his direct gaze, “What did you study?” came the question without a gap.

“10thsir ji” Rakesh replied.

“failed” one of the little kids who were her friends shouted from the group. She almost smiled at that scene; the kids were always on her side. The man though, turned towards the group of kids and smirked at them.

Then he turned sharply towards her and asked “What did you study?” Her throat went dry under his intense stare. Why does it feel like this man hates her. She couldn’t talk she just froze.

“12th passed with distinction” again someone from the group of kids shouted. He raised an eyebrow at her and she dumbly nodded that what was said was correct.

“Ok, so Rakesh is not a match for her. If there is any other eligible boy let me know.”

“She won’t get anything better in her life. Rakesh took pity on her and decided to marry her.” Rakesh’s mother said from the sidelines. The other woman nodded.

The village head who was her father’s friend said “ She is a very nice girl and she grew upright in front of us and we all know her sweet nature. Don’t talk like that.”

Rakesh who was fuming that he was refused said “ Who the hell are you to say no to our marriage? I am too good for her, I am going to take her and marry her she is18, she doesn’t need anyone to be her guardian. I like her and we will be married tomorrow.”

Rakesh moved towards her and held her hand and started pulling her, it was so sudden she was not ready for it and she almost tripped and the kind beautiful lady who was beside her always held her. Rakesh pulled harder and she struggled to get his fingers off her and keep trying to not move from her location. She almost lost her balance again, and there was instant relief as somebody had held her shoulders firmly and held her in her place and next instant Rakesh’s fingers were no longer around her wrist. She looked up to see pain reflect in Rakesh’s eyes that’s when she noticed that The Man who was making all the decisions was beside her and he had one arm around her and the other arm had Rakesh’s wrist in a painfully tight grip.

That’s when she saw him up-close, she knew some thing changed that moment in her life. She wasn’t sure what but something had changed….

Before she knew it there were a couple of people in uniforms who were moving Rakesh back to his location, by now all the people assembled there had stood up and multiple people were talking and there was absolute chaos around her. But she was at peace just looking up at his face, he turned to her and asked “Tum teekh ho?” she blinked trying hard to understand what he was saying and then just nodded, unable to speak.

Then he left her and went back to where he was sitting before. Then waited for it to calm down a little and then spoke “We will take her with us to Delhi, she will study further and get a degree and a job. Then we will think of her marriage. In the meantime, the 2 acres land can be cultivated by anyone who wants to for 40% of profit. Let me know, Bhuvanji has my phone number. This house will be locked till she decides what she wants to do with it. We will be leaving this evening.”

With that he gave no one any chance to speak, then he turned around and wen to his dadiji and sat beside her and his Nani and started talking to them in low tones. Everyone just started leaving from there because it seemed like the decision was made and no one get s to discuss it more. If any of the more inquisitive ladies came near to where he was sitting and talking to his grandmothers, he glowered at them in such a way that they ran for their lives at his intense angry glares.

She didn’t know what to say or do now, she just stood there until the kind lady spoke to her “Hi Khushi I am Anjali, I am Ranaji’s granddaughter.” She smiled kindly at Khushi. Khushi nodded and tried to smile back and said “Namaste Anjali ji”, Anjaliji then said “Come Khushi lets pack what you need, we will be leaving soon. I will help you.” Khushi nodded and followed her…. At this point in her confused state she was glad someone was telling her exactly what she needs to do. She sighed led Anjaliji back into their small home and her room.

shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Good update ...ur writing is quite sound ...u have a good grip on ur writing ..keep it up ...👍♥️

coderlady thumbnail

Of course Rahesh is happy to marry her. She is too good for him, not the other way around. He gets all the land on top.

coderlady thumbnail

Good decision. Happy to see that she will get to study and become independent. She can decide her own future.

coderlady thumbnail

Anjali is nice and kind. She will be a good support in future too.

The family has done well for Khushi, even though they had many reasons to be unhappy with her adopted parents.

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome 

Doomedhell thumbnail

Waiting for next part dear