Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Actually Jazbaa and Sarbjit saw one of the highest openings for a female centric film. Sarbjit even got her all the nominations for Best actress including a National award nomination; she even won a couple of them. The film made some 35 crore in Indian box office alone, which is on par with Mardaani, which was dubbed as a hit

And nice one there 

Comparing Gross figure of Sarabjit with Net figure of Mardaani smiley32

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

And nice one there 

what is the net of each film ? 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

And nice one there 

Yes Mardaani made a few crores more. But Sarbjit wasn't a disaster or a flop either. That was the point I'm making.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Regarding the National Award for Sarabjit, this is the only article I stumbled upon. It mentions the criticism she faced from both critics and the audience. Interestingly, Akshay Kumar bagged the National Award the same year, so it wouldn't have been surprising if Aish got it too. I'll dive into the reviews of ADHM since I wasn't around when it was released. 

UH OH! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Would Have Bagged The National Award For Sarbjit If...-Akshay Kumar Won A National Award For Both, Rustom And Airlift (filmibeat.com)

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

what is the net of each film ? 

27 Sarbjit, 38 Mardaani

Budget Sarbjit 32, Mardaani 21

More than 10crs difference on both metrics

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 4 months ago
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Gosht aa karch ay saraa borr

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Movie Reviews/B.O Collections: JAZBAA - POST HERE (SPOILERS INCLUDED) - Page 29 | Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat (indiaforums.com)

Movie Reviews: Sarbjit/BO News | Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat (indiaforums.com)

Fans, especially the die-hard ones, tend to find the silver lining in every bad or terrible movie their favorite star does. However, if you check out the threads for Jazbaa and Sarabjit, it was a tough time. With Katrina, people kind of expect mixed to bad reviews, but with Aish, it caught me off guard, at least. Sure, you'll stumble upon a positive review here and there, but you can say the same for Katrina. The majority, though, was pretty negative for both the movies.

And, both have officially flopped, as confirmed by box office website. It's kind of amusing that this even needs correcting. I mean, sure, if you loved the movie, feel free to express that. But disputing known facts? That's a bit amusing.

Fact ! (I am guilty of it myself as an SRK fan smiley4

Trying to push Jazbaa and Sarbjit as successful comebacks is going a bit too far. And on top of that, dragging in Rani who drops a solo Hit/Semi-Hit consistently every few years is just plain silly

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Aamir in Lal singh chaddha.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Fact ! (I am guilty of it myself as an SRK fan smiley4

Trying to push Jazbaa and Sarbjit as successful comebacks is going a bit too far. And on top of that, dragging in Rani who drops a solo Hit/Semi-Hit consistently every few years is just plain silly

True. Also, I checked out the reviews for ADHM, and they seemed a bit mixed. Ranbir and Anushka got their due praises. Aish received mostly applause for her stunning looks, but I couldn't spot any reviews specifically hailing her performance more than Ranbir or Anushka. Maybe her fans could help me here? Though it wasn't another Kashibai moment, if that's what some fans think it was. I also came across another movie with Anil Kapoor, Fanney Khan. So, tallying it up, there's Jazbaa, Sarabjit, ADHM, and Fanney Khan. No wonder some of her fans are pretending to be Deepika fans to take a jab at Alia.smiley36

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

You know there is a difference between critique or a role and critique of. performance, right? 

His performance was praised throughout. RK-Anushka;s chemistry/dynamics got a lot of praise as well. Aish was easily the third best thing of the movie as her character hardly had any weight - very single track

you should look up the reviews. Most said Ash stole the show and hardly had good things to say about Rabbit