Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I loved the use of Urdu, the performances, and the songs in film. It is just a bad film lol.

I like the songs although really just the Breakup song. I think the rest of the soundtrack was not as strong as the soundtracks for KJo's 2000s movies or even Rocky aur Rani. 

Aish and Anushka were the best in the film. The male parts were all horrible. I don't remember the Urdu poetry but I remember learning the Hindi word "vaatavaran" especially since Parineeti kept repeating it on KWK.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I like the songs although really just the Breakup song. I think the rest of the soundtrack was not as strong as the soundtracks for KJo's 2000s movies or even Rocky aur Rani. 

Aish and Anushka were the best in the film. The male parts were all horrible. I don't remember the Urdu poetry but I remember learning the Hindi word "vaatavaran" especially since Parineeti kept repeating it on KWK.

I think the male characters were trash. The performances were great tho.

Fawad as a dude that a girl would remain hung up on forever is just saleable lol. You don't even need to direct him that much.

Ranbir as an entitled manchild is a niche. This character was especially abusive tho.

Shah was there for a minute and ate it.

Aish, gosh what a comeback!

Anushka ate it and left no crumbs

Lisa was fine too.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I think the male characters were trash. The performances were great tho.

Fawad as a dude that a girl would remain hung up on forever is just saleable lol. You don't even need to direct him that much.

Ranbir as an entitled manchild is a niche. This character was especially abusive tho.

Shah was there for a minute and ate it.

Aish, gosh what a comeback!

Anushka ate it and left no crumbs

Lisa was fine too.

Fawad was believable in the role he was asked to play but I still found the character despicable and not much better than Ayan except for the fact that we don't see enough of Ali to really hate him. He deserved a romantic role instead (either with Aish or Anushka).

Ranbir plays these abusive manchild roles over and over. I wouldn't judge him so much for being typecast in this role if not for the fact that his real life persona doesn't seem that far off based on how documented his treatment of women is in the press. Ayan isn't as bad as Animal but not that far off either.

SRK's cameo actually hurts the film because it's a reminder as to how much better KJo's movies used to be when SRK was the lead.

Aish deserved a leading role instead of a supporting one and even KJo agreed that he felt a supporting role did not do her justice and he still wanted to work with her in a leading role after ADHM. I'm also shocked to see she didn't get a Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actress.

Anushka's Alizeh was heavily criticized at the time but I've seen online that people are rehabilitating her character. That the toxic one was Ayan and not Alizeh.

Lisa was good in a comic role.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Anushka deserved a better movie from KJo than ADHM. Same with Aish. If she was still acting, I would have liked to have seen her in Rocky aur Rani with Ranveer instead.