Eternalallure thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 months ago

I was not going to write this, since I'll probably keep lurking around, popping up with whatever random thought I have, but seeing others' farewell posts made me realize there were somethings I wanted to say. Not a farewell exactly, but an ode of sorts. Will try to keep it short so please bear with me. 

I have a simple rule. If a book/show/movie or anything made me excited or happy, it is a hit for me. If I could relate to even one character, it's a hit for me. If it made me search fan arts, VMs, edits, fan fictions; made me want to pick up a pen and write, or join forums to find a community; search the internet for more information, IVs, bts or SM posts; made me want to go back and rewatch, and made me wish for prequels and sequels and spinoffs-it's a hit for me. 

And Katha made me do all this and more. It made me laugh and cry, happy and sad. Made me roll my eyes and scoff, gnash my teeth in frustration, and pull my hair out in aggravation. It inspired and depressed. Made me giggle and daydream and wish for a similar romance of my own. It made me the do the absolute mad thing- root and cheer for the seemingly heartless hero who unwittingly made a mistake so terrible there could have been no forgiveness for it in the real world; and curse and troll the kind, plucky heroine for not returning his love and toying with his heart. In short, Katha made me experience the whole gamut of emotions in just a short span of time. 

As Keats once said- a thing of beauty is a joy forever. And, Katha is that beautiful thing that will bring me joy forever. Maybe after a few months I won't even get the time to watch it anymore. Maybe I'll get some other thing to obsess over more. Maybe one day if I become a mother I'll understand Katha more. Or understand Viaan more if I fall in love. Or have an entirely new perspective about everything. But I'll always remember the feelings it evoked in me, the one year I spent fangirling over it, the discussions, disagreements and trolling, and how sometimes an innocuous dialogue or comment can stay with you and shift perspectives. 

I'll leave these words here so that one day I can come back and read it again, and be shocked that there was  a show I loved so much that I wrote a veritable love letter to it on a public forumsmiley36

Cheers🥂🥂