Vanga is more responsible for Animal's opening than Ranbir

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Don't get me wrong, I love Ranbir and he is my favourite Gen Y actor.

But Vanga has a cult following of his own. He peddles toxic masculinity which appeals to Indian men (and maybe men of other nationalities too).

After Kabir Singh, this man became notorious for all the wrong reasons to a certain section of the population, but to majority of men continues to have a significant influence. This demographic idolizes him. He is their hero.

I think Ranbir is the finest actor of his generation and has significant starpower too, but it is Vanga who is more resposible for the film's humungous opening.

Agree/disgaree?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes

Maroonporsche thumbnail

How can I make contact with his fans ?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'll put you in touchsmiley36

I know quite a few myself!

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

True..

Ranbir's character is toxic. Many of his mindset may match with Indian men.

He says to rashmika 's character that she should not remarry if he is dead but meanwhile keeping a mistress when she is still alive.

Edited by naaznin - 4 months ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Films are a package. And momentum is even more critical. Animal has had all the pieces fit together nicely, and it's working. 

The Hyderabad market is clearly doing well because of Vanga. Similarly, some of the international markets are unusually strong for Ranbir. For instance, Telugu speakers are one of the biggest Indian demographics in the States, which probably explains a lot of the opening. 

On the flip side, Animal would simply not have opened that well with a Ranveer or a Shahid. They have never had big openings. The markets where Animal is leading Jawaan, like NCR and Chandigarh, are Ranbir's markets, not Vanga's. Ranbir also adds a bit of the A-list factor here as opposed to Kabir Singh.

They are both also very good at marketing. Ranbir's PR machinery is relentless and Vanga is clearly baiting people with outrage, and it's working. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I rather believe it’s cause of Ranbir cause I genuinely can’t stand Vanga and I need him to disappear from all industries but this success will only encourage him. I CANT STAND HIM. I haven’t seen the movie myself but watching reviews of people I usually agree with made me believe like Kabir Singh I never ever want to see it. The man needs to go away. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Vanga is a factor, but you cannot ignore RK's star power here. He has delivered good openings in 3 back to back movies now.

Even his Shamshera (which had negative hype during Bollywood's downtime) did the opening day numbers in range of Vikram Vedha, Laal Singh Chaddha, etc.

aise toh phir War ka credit YRF ko de do

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

I rather believe it’s cause of Ranbir cause I genuinely can’t stand Vanga and I need him to disappear from all industries but this success will only encourage him. I CANT STAND HIM. I haven’t seen the movie myself but watching reviews of people I usually agree with made me believe like Kabir Singh I never ever want to see it. The man needs to go away. 

Me too. Ranbir is an opportunist piece of crap-like most other actors-but a film is a director's art. Those are his thoughts that he's putting out there. Vanga having fans is a horrible state of things. 

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

There are people like him who are cinema lovers .

https://twitter.com/DarkPhantom_18/status/1730780328913228111?t=IEXTO8mxg_SoN7yjAQOsYQ&s=19

Edited by Diya_Abhilasha - 4 months ago