Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Me thinks this is alright. Feminism by itself has become quite a theoretical and abstract concept that it no longer applies to the actual lived experiences of ordinary women. Honestly, it's complex and as a concept it doesn't include the tribulations of brown women in brown households. It's a narrow concept to judge someone with and I'll give leeway to women like Neena who've been through so much. I just wish she didn't call it "faltu". That undoes so much work that others have worked towards. 

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Neena is actually a true feminist. She raised her daughter out of wedlock unapologetically as a single mother, that too in India of the 90s.

She raised her to be a successful entrepreneur. She even gave her own last name.

She is focused, and known more for her work, acting, talent and not for her supposedly "controversial" life. She owns her mistakes and doesn't glorify them. 

She wants women to be independent financially and emotionally.

If that is not the definition of a feminist, then I don't what else is.

But as usual, people have taken her statement out of context for headlines/views, and to suit their own agenda.

She was calling out the pseudo-feminisim that pits women and men against each other and insists on women and men being "equal" on all fronts, which is unrealistic and not needed. 

Yes, both men and women deserve equal respect, and equal opportunities. There is no "fight" between men and women and we all need each other.

Bold. I  don't think  women being emotionally independent on men is wrong and against feminism.

Even some men  are emotionally dependent on women.

But yes, women should become financially independent. It is must! 

Edited by sulu82 - 5 months ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

@TM do you NOT believe in feminism?

OT- Why is she picking on biological differences? Men and women are different biologically. Five year olds know that.

I believe women should not be suppressed by men. Some men have superiority complex over women and they try to dominate women. That should not happen. Men should not think women are below them just because of their gender. Women should not be treated like second class citizens. That is the theme of feminism. 

Feminism is very much necessary in today's world. If there was no feminism movement then women will still be oppressed today. 

Back in the day Raja ram mohan roy, Vidyasagar started liberation movement for women and here men and women are ashamed to call themselves feminists. I don't want to go back to the oppression stage so I 100% support feminist movement.

Edited by DivineAngel - 5 months ago
NathuPaapi thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

@TM do you NOT believe in feminism?

OT- Why is she picking on biological differences? Men and women are different biologically. Five year olds know that.

I believe women should not be suppressed by men. Some men have superiority complex over women and they try to dominate women. That should not happen. Men should not think women are below them just because of their gender. Women should not be treated like second class citizens. That is the theme of feminism. 

Feminism is very much necessary in today's world. If there was no feminism movement then women will still be oppressed today. 

Back in the day Raja ram mohan roy, Vidyasagar started liberation movement for women and here men and women are ashamed to call themselves feminists. I don't want to go back to the oppression stage so I 100% support feminist movement.

I do. I just posted her views on this (hence the ? in title to know about others' views)

Edited by NathuPaapi - 5 months ago
DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

I do. I just posted her views on this (hence the ? in title to know about others' views)

Okay.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Also one example of anti feminism, we can see in Afganistan. Right to education and work gone for women. God knows how long they will suffer.

https://medicamondiale.org/en/where-we-empower-women/afghanistan

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Her view is more practical and real. Who cares for ideal definition. There will be women living independently and fiercely yet not know the word by word definition of “feminism”. In India, it has always been called “Equality” in general context. 

I am with Neena Gupta. I am staunch equality believer. 2022 was the year I stopped identifying as feminist. Today’s feminism that’s popular - bas dikhava hai. There are feminists that justify patriarchy. And expect world to take em seriously. Oh please. 

DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: sulu82

Bold. I  don't think  women being emotionally independent on men is wrong and against feminism.

Even some men  are emotionally dependent on women.

But yes, women should become financially independent. It is must! 

Some women like being fiercely independent. They live life on their own terms. 

Idk why men start playing victim when someone mentions feminism. I know men have their own problems. They can start their own movement without sabotaging feminism. No one is stopping them.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

This is nobody's nightmare. Its their personal life. Nightmare is when husband physically abuses wife. 

Edited- Got it. She is Manipuri.

Edited by DivineAngel - 5 months ago