Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

Neena is actually a true feminist. She raised her daughter out of wedlock unapologetically as a single mother, that too in India of the 90s.

She raised her to be a successful entrepreneur. She even gave her own last name.

She is focused, and known more for her work, acting, talent and not for her supposedly "controversial" life. She owns her mistakes and doesn't glorify them. 

She wants women to be independent financially and emotionally.

If that is not the definition of a feminist, then I don't what else is.

But as usual, people have taken her statement out of context for headlines/views, and to suit their own agenda.

She was calling out the pseudo-feminisim that pits women and men against each other and insists on women and men being "equal" on all fronts, which is unrealistic and not needed. 

Yes, both men and women deserve equal respect, and equal opportunities. There is no "fight" between men and women and we all need each other.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Men don't have the ability to get pregnant, that's why feminism is faltu for her.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

She needs to be careful about the whole "men can't get pregnant" thing. Might get called out for hate speech by some loonies smiley39.

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

She is basically saying life is unfair for women by nature itself. I think I agree with that. It is harsh reality. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Women dont care about women’s rights 😂 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I mean, she is right - and her points are actually some of the underlying basis of feminism. 

There are many things and many fields where men and women can never be equal. 

But there are also many fields where men have an undue advantage and women get compensated lesser for doing the same amount of work - usually work which doesn't require physical power. These need to be protested against and fixed 

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think she has learnt to balance idealism and realism/ practicality, through Experiences in life...

Edited by NathuPaapi - 5 months ago
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

She might have misinterpreted the term per se, but her definition was ok

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Feminism, at its core, is a diverse and multifaceted social, political, and cultural movement that advocates for the equal rights, opportunities, and treatment of all genders. It seeks to challenge and dismantle systemic inequalities and discriminatory practices that disproportionately affect women. It's important to note that feminism is not about hating men; rather, it aims to address and rectify historical and contemporary imbalances that impact people based on gender.

I think Neena Gupta needs to read up about the defintion before commenting such stuff.