mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

This contains an image of: 🌈✨💜

It's simple, really, the definition of feminism. Women who fight to make the lives of other women better. Why do we misinterpret it, disown it, or forget how far we have come because of those women in the past?

I really feel pissed off at some of the BW celebrities, who disown feminism without even knowing the defintion.

https://www.huffpost.com/archive/in/entry/6-indian-celebs-who-didnt-look-up-the-meaning-of-feminism-even_in_5c10e919e4b085260ba6c6db

This is an old article, but it kind of proves my point.

When I posted the hookup article, some people talked about sl*t shaming and that made me wonder why are we so quick to jump to conclusions about women and what they do with their bodies?

My intention was not that, of course.

Anyways, do discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Women who fight to make the lives of other women better.

That doesn't sound right. It has ways been about equality rather than 'just helping' and it is not restricted to women helping women. Men can be feminists too. 

And just like everything else, the definition has gotten muddled up over time as different groups have tweaked it in both positive and negative manner to suit their agenda. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I went through the article. It's full of misplaced context and quotes. You need to read the whole thing in context with what questions they were asked and what the conversation was about, before jumping the gun and landing on conclusions 

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I went through the article. It's full of misplaced context and quotes. You need to read the whole thing in context with what questions they were asked and what the conversation was about, before jumping the gun and landing on conclusions 

Random statements of celebrities ....taken out of context to bash them....age old trick of the journalists....smiley22

As a woman ......I am eternally grateful to the women who stood for my rights..smiley27.....but Feminism is about equality.....the buck stops at equality...

When a man smoking or drinking is looked down upon....same shouldn't be hailed for women.....

A man dating many women is called a stud....a woman doing the same is called a sl ut.....very unfair......it is their marzi in both cases...and nothing wrong if they are not in a committed relationship....

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Except Lisa, Shruri and SRK, and I am not surprised to find the rest on the list😅

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

The article is very stupid and completely out of context since half the people they claim aren't feminists actually admit to being feminists like Alia and Kangana. Everyone knows here I'm not even an Alia fan but she very clearly establishes she's a feminist so why attack her for a misleading magazine cover? 

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

These people need to have basic understanding of words, SRK said he isn't praising both ladies involved with the movie, only to sound pro-feminist, he is praising them genuinely. 

It has nothing to do with his belief or disbelief in the movement but everything to do with, writer's need to have a big name in order to sell their list

Edited by NoraSM - 5 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I insult women based on ratio. I’ve said nice things about Alia for 3.5 years when lots of other people didn’t. I feel like insulting her now smiley36

If you are not disappointed with these girls .....just like you would be if the situation was reversed....then u t not a feminist...

https://twitter.com/gharkekalesh/status/1743519653463486840?s=20

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I don’t relate to feminism anymore therefore I don’t consider myself to be one anymore given how it’s no longer about equality. People have mudded it so much to the point it no longer means what previous women intended to be. 

Take your interpretation of what feminism is the case of Deepika for example. You think it’s feminist for her to sleep with anyone even though she’s married to a man she chose for herself cause you don’t consider him to be worthy of her. Thats far from feminism and that’s disrespecting her decision and certainly s**l shaming to speculate she can’t keep it in her pants and sleeps with anything that moves (that’s not so feminism of you is it). Marriage might not be for everyone but it still requires moral obligations, and loyalty towards one’s partner and it shouldn’t be ridicule in the name of “feminism” which is something you often do with Deepika cause you’re not satisfied with her choice. 

As a woman I support women, I support their decisions they make about their lives and encourage them but I won’t be supportive when they are clearly in wrong, selfish and just plain stupid cause they are women. That’s where I put the feminism tag down smiley36