Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I checked all pages to see where the article was that claimed that Suhana doesn't know Hindi..smiley36

There's no article. I have an inside source. I might still be proven wrong, but checking this forum bigger threads have been created for other rumors - such as Ananya faking USC admission, or Tiger's VFX fake abs. 

If Ananya and Shanaya don't know Hindi, would Suhana really be an above average Hindi speaker? Let's be realistic. She's the only one of the Archies who has not spoken any Hindi off the cuff. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

When does call me bae come out ? 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Me singing song to suhana 

Kaheen wo ma to nahi smiley42

https://youtu.be/_uVaFsTpJfU?si=8MfCJNkvXgU-Ju8c

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

When does call me bae come out ? 

Some work is still pending on it apparently. They'll probably wait until Archies hype dies down. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

This is the Hindi release of Sadma. I am talking about the Tamil one - that's why K Raguvendra Rao was very interested in launching her younger daughter but since he's a perv no one wanted her to join. Jhanvi takes after Sri's mother. 

Kushi is insanely thin rn + her hair is still partially dyed, I'm guesing because her next film is probably with Dinesh who wants his heroines stick skinny, whereas Sri has chubbier cheeks, but otherwise they look insanely similar. 

Janhvi Kapoor Talks About Her Sisterly-Bond With Khushi Kapoor: "I Need Her Till I Fall Asleep..."

Sri (right) and Khushi (left)

Actually SRK and Suhana also look very similar. 

Not sure about others, but I actually do find similarities between Sridevi and Khushi.,,,smiley20 (looks-vise)

Thanks for sharing the photo from the original Tamil version of Sri´s film.

And contrary to what others are saying, I see absolutely no resemblance between Sri and Jhanvi.

Jhanvi looks FAKE from head to toe.smiley30

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Here’s a tip if you don’t want Suhana to everywhere then stop talking about her cause that only adds to it smiley36

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

I am not saying she knows 0 Hindi. I'm saying she's below average/which is awful for an actress. 

I would think my source is exaggerating if Suhana spoke in Hindi. But she is not. She is the only one from the Archies cast that has not spoken in Hindi off the cuff. Her character is the only one with majority English lines, which makes sense because it's Veronica.

Until you realize Zoya initially wanted Suhana for Betty. The first nepo cast in the Archies adaptation was actually Ananya Panday for Veronica! 

(They have an inside source, but it was a bit too outdated!) 

But the director of Call Me Bae switched out Kareena (who he thought was too old) for Ananya, to appeal to Gen Z. Ananya wants to work with Motwane so she jumped to him. 

So Zoya kept looking for her Veronica, until she realized Suhana's Hindi wasn't great, and obviously to accomodate for her, she gave her Veronica, and switched the other nepo role, for Betty. Rohit Roy's daughter was initially approached for Betty. Then the other Kapoor got it. 

This is also why at the Tira Beauty launch, Kareena was ignoring Suhana. Kareena had NO reason otherwise to ignore Suhana/Ananya/their friends. Thanks to Ananya Panday, Kareena lost out on a Motwane project. And was Ananya really worthy of it? 

But you were claiming Suhana can't speak in Hindi at all. Lots of aspiring actors don't grow up speaking Hindi. Kamal Hassan didn't know Hindi. Yet he made Hey Ram among other Hindi movies. They train for it, take classes. That's part of acting. Because Kamal speaks in English when he does BW interviews, are you also going to say he doesn't know Hindi?

Obviously, you can't. Because Kamal has proved himself. Suhana hasn't. Basically, what's happening now is an attempt to establish a narrative before she even starts. 

Lol, Veronica and Reggie are the acting-heavy parts of any Archies production. Why would you be surprised Suhana wanted that instead of Betty?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Here’s a tip if you don’t want Suhana to everywhere then stop talking about her cause that only adds to it smiley36

Suhana will be big. Everyone wants to see the big star now's kid. SRK is huge rn, but as an older man he can't appeal to kids in a way Suhana can. But that can only last so long if she cannot break free of her dad's image. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Someone needs to make a topic on DAIS why all these starkids going to that school are so bad in Hindi. 

My guess is that the students there switch to German/French/Spanish as soon as they get to 9th grade or at high school level. Even the normal private CBSE schools are guilty of dropping Hindi. In government or aided schools, there already exists an option to choose between Sanskrit/Hindi in 8th grade. Many kids choose Sanskrit because it's easier to score marks. Hindi introduces lit from Bhakti Kaal to Premchand, Kabir ke dohe plus grammar which is harder to score. Sanskrit has shabdas and easier grammar to master which gets good scores in the Boards. 

State government schools giver greater importance to regional languages than Hindi, especially in the South. In schools, regional language is first language, English is second language, and last comes Hindi/Sanskrit as third language, which again gets dropped off. Kinda explains why actors coming from South have such terrible Hindi spoken skills. 

But private schools don't even go to that effort, especially DAIS like schools with IB curriculum. For them knowing a foreign language, even if conversational is a bigger plus because these kids apply to US/UK universities. Why would they care about Hindi then. It all comes down to parents teaching them or the people they hang out with. 

Edited by ohophelia - 6 months ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

But you were claiming Suhana can't speak in Hindi at all. Lots of aspiring actors don't grow up speaking Hindi. Kamal Hassan didn't know Hindi. Yet he made Hey Ram among other Hindi movies. They train for it, take classes. That's part of acting. Because Kamal speaks in English when he does BW interviews, are you also going to say he doesn't know Hindi?

Obviously, you can't. Because Kamal has proved himself. Suhana hasn't. Basically, what's happening now is an attempt to establish a narrative before she even starts. 

Lol, Veronica and Reggie are the acting-heavy parts of any Archies production. Why would you be surprised Suhana wanted that instead of Betty?

This discussion started because I said Suhana is suited for Hollywood and not Bollywood. People think Suhana is so different from Ananya and Shanaya. Not knowing Hindi very well is a flaw that they have, and if Suhana has it too, then it's not a great comparison. Especially since SRK has decent diction. 

The Archies is catered around Suhana in a way other films aren't. This is a nepo debut vehicle and a similar thread was made for SOTY and SOTY 2. Zoya will bend everything over to ensure Suhana (and Agastya) will come out looking at least decent. She's so close to Shweta and Gauri. I think that's unfair for people like Mihir Ahuja who fits everything perfectly on paper. Even Dot sings in Hindi very well and is a trained dancer who has performed in many venues. 

Why else is Suhana not being asked to speak Hindi? Everyone else has at least once. Yuvraj is a literal influencer. He's doing decent. 

And additionally, I don't think Suhana is in the wrong in any way for wanting Veronica. Veronica is farrr more popular too. I'm just explaining why Kareena was so annoyed at Suhana during the Tira launch. She is not usually this way, she treats younger debutants pretty nicely.