Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Harish111

No one in the world considers someone's EX in laws part of joint family.

This topic is about her present toxic in-laws so I will check myself out.

Harish111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

This topic is about her present toxic in-laws so I will check myself out.

I dont see them being toxic at all, any family will have issues if a family member is obsessed with ex in laws and spends 90% of time with her ex husband and ex mom in law and neglects a minor daughter and current husband. Under Indian laws this is classified as neglect and can be grounds of divorce without alimony .

In fact its Anupama obsessed with joining all families and having still ties with her ex which no spouse in the world will ever tolerate.

The show is trying desperately to tell us her current  in laws are toxic but they are failing in showing that. Audience will consider MD justified and Anupama being the toxic, neglectful and emotional cheating person who is still tied to her previous abusers. 

Defending such ridiculous premise into some kind of feminist issue or women equality issue undermines real cases of women rights abuse. This is exactly why the word feminism and woman rights are mocked and not taken seriously, if we think an emotionally cheating spouse, who neglects her cureent family and is obsessed with her lustful ex and her ex in laws is correct only because she is a woman. Ridiculous.

Edited by Harish111 - 6 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Harish111

I dont see them being toxic at all, any family will have issues if a family member is obsessed with ex in laws and spends 90% of time with her ex husband and ex mom in law and neglects a minor daughter and current husband. Under Indian laws this is classified as neglect and can be grounds of divorce without alimony .

In fact its Anupama obsessed with joining all families and having still ties with her ex which no spouse in the world will ever tolerate.

The show is trying desperately to tell us her current  in laws are toxic but they are failing in showing that. Audience will consider MD justified and Anupama being the toxic, neglectful and emotional cheating person who is still tied to her previous abusers. 

Defending such ridiculous premise into some kind of feminist issue or women equality issue undermines real cases of women rights abuse. This is exactly why the word feminism and woman rights are mocked and not taken seriously, if we think an emotionally cheating spouse, who neglects her cureehe prnt family and is obsessed with her lustful ex and her ex in laws is correct only because she is a woman. Ridiculous.

The premise of my statement  was that this show (along with rest of itv) glorifies joint families. Upmaa abused Dimpy because she wanted to break away from her husband's toxic extended family and hit her because she was allegedly rude to toxic bades.

Kapadias are not a great family either lol. Adhik is abusive, Barkha constantly plots, Pakhi is incredibly selfish, Anuj hit a kid, Upma is abusive and codependent on her abusers herself. 

No matter how problematic Anupamaa's behaviour is or isn't, her MIL has no right to interfere in her middle-aged son's romantic life. That is the definition of toxic. Does Anupamaa do anything without Anuj's knowledge? Even if she did, Malati Devi cannot take decisions on his behalf lol. All she can do is raise the issue with her son. But lol, she  cannot do it because she hasn't established a relationship with her own son before trying to upstage his wife lol.

Also, whoever thinks this show or any of its characters have anything to do with feminism needs to pick a book about feminism rather than mocking feminism in pati-patni jokes.

Edited by Blueeeee - 6 months ago