GaramAloo thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

I had watched the original many years ago and found it above average but a bit meh. I recently watched the remake on Netflix and was caught off-guard by the unexpected twist ending. In fact, that ending explained a lot of things in the movie that had seemed implausible to me, but created some plotholes too. Curious to know what others thought of the remake and specifically, if people feel the plot twist was just thrown in there or built up to organically based on the rest of the movie. 

(tagging the folks with whom I've had prior movie-related discussions during my infrequent visits to this site)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I find the original one more classic. Story, Direction, Cast, background music all were executed so well that it was a thrilling experience to watch.

Remake wasn't necessary but Farhan being Farhan, spoiled the original classic with that Remake. Above it, Mr.Srk acted terribly in it, a big let down.

Somebody should stop Farhan from making Don 3, Ranveer doesn't have that Swag to suit the role.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I liked Don 2  very much.The twist ending..and the iconic song

aaj ki raat,khona hai kya,paana hai kya..

GaramAloo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

I find the original one more classic. Story, Direction, Cast, background music all were executed so well that it was a thrilling experience to watch.

Remake wasn't necessary but Farhan being Farhan, spoiled the original classic with that Remake. Above it, Mr.Srk acted terribly in it, a big let down.

Somebody should stop Farhan from making Don 3, Ranveer doesn't have that Swag to suit the role.

I didn't realize Don has basically been turned into a franchise! I think the remake had the advantage of surprise for me, I was watching with half an eye, expecting a faithful adaptation so the ending got my attention. That said, I much preferred Amitabh Bachchan in his more 'natural' roles like in Mili or Anand or Chupke Chupke. Or even Sholay.  I found Vijay to be something of a caricature in both versions. In the newer one, the buffoonishness made sense if he was just putting on an act.

GaramAloo thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

I liked Don 2  very much.The twist ending..and the iconic song

aaj ki raat,khona hai kya,paana hai kya..

I would say overall I preferred the songs in the original version but I'm not really a fan of either soundtrack. There were so many movies of that era that had truly knockout music (Amar Prem, Kabhi Kabhi, Ghar). 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

I think Don 3 would benefit by not just using Ranveer but bringing back the original Dons as well, Amitabh Bachchan and SRK.