📢 Exciting News! Members Currently Online 📢

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Hello,

We have some fantastic updates to share with you! We are thrilled to introduce a brand-new feature that will enhance your Forum experience – "Members Currently Online."

Starting today, when you visit our Forum section, you'll notice a dynamic new section that displays the members who are currently active on the site within the last 20 minutes. This feature will help you connect with fellow members easily, and foster a sense of community like never before. We would like to enhance this further.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.40.05 PM.png

Why is this feature so awesome?

• 👥 Instant Connection: You can now see who else is online, making it easier than ever to start conversations, ask questions, or share your thoughts with like-minded individuals.

• 👋 Warm Welcome: If you're a new member, this feature allows you to connect with others right away, helping you feel at home in our Forum community.

• 🔒 Respectful Privacy: Please note that members who have set their privacy settings to keep their online status hidden will not appear in the "Members Currently Online" section. We respect your privacy choices.

To check out this new feature, simply visit our Forum's section, and you'll spot the "Members Currently Online" section prominently displayed at the end of the page. We hope this addition enhances your experience on our platform and fosters more meaningful interactions within our community.

Thank you for being a part of our Forum, and we look forward to seeing you online!

Happy Connecting, 

India Forums Team 🚀🌟

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Yay I am so happy to see myself involved in active participation in the forum smiley42.... and my active friends too smiley42smiley27

Edited by Sutapasima - 6 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Wow, reminds me of old times. If I'm not wrong, did we have this feature on the old IF?

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

The display is only on the Forums main page. Once I navigate to a particular forum, where I might post and tag people, I don't see the display.

With only ten tags per post, how would I decide which names from the plenary display might be interested in the forum where I'm posting, or might already be lurking there? I don't want to annoy Bollywood forum members by needlessly tagging them in Marathi TV topics.

So, for now, I'll stick with my approach of checking every topic on a forum's first page to see who has been active over the last few days (or years), and tagging them all in the same forum or a different one.

I find the Members list page of private forums useful for this purpose. Does something similar - a Followers page - exist for public forums?

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8

This reminds of old IF love it smiley10, it will be great to have it again thanks for bringing it back smiley27

Viswasruti thumbnail

The power of visibility always improves connectivity. 

Thank you, Vijay, for regularly enhancing our site to increase member interactions.smiley27

SoniRita thumbnail

I think I have seen this feature in old IF🤔

Anyways glad that those who have restricted themself to online status hidden wont be in that list :)

Nice feature Vijay sir and team. 

devashree_h thumbnail

This is like old IF. Thanks for this new feature.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

This Is Just Like The Old IF How Exciting Well Done IF Development Team smiley4

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

Wow, reminds me of old times. If I'm not wrong, did we have this feature on the old IF?

This used to be a feature on old forums that used VBulletin, if I remember right.

Not sure what forum software IF uses now though- VB, Xenforo, PhpBB, BBPress or something custom? 

Edited by aekiel - 6 months ago