Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Movie making is a collaborative environment.  A lot of actors give their feedback and make suggestions.  Rishi Kapoor talked about arguing with Shakun Batra everyday over his character in K&S.  Ajay Devgan shot one of Sid’s scenes in Thank God himself.  I’m sure there are plenty of examples of exchange of ideas and disagreements on movie sets.  And I cannot think of a single example where Aamir has taken credit from any director. It’s just something that the public and media has picked up on because some directors who give hits with him follow it up with flops.  

Absolutely...it's a team work...but the way a team work gets done can differ very much from star to star. To just mention some: Salman, Aamir, SRK, Hrithik, Akshay...they all have the position to give own imput...but, gosh!, it would be absolutely different vis-à-vis the director and the team...

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Because amir is good at snatching credit from others

it was amol gupte who directed it but amir khan felt he has to take credit 

it had come in all media that time ...

It was the first time I got critical to Aamir in observing his performance very closely...and I got more sure about a trait in his acting that I had noticed already before...he doesn't 'live' the character, he plays him with this kind of 'as if' which I also have noticed in other (not Indian) actors praised for their performances.

To me, that's THE big difference between SRK and Aamir...SRK makes a character his own (that's why people often say - and he himself does it, too - that he plays always SRK)...he feels what the character feels, he IS the character in thinking, behaving and (over-)acting...and he expresses this feeling through his eyes, facial expressions, body language and speech modulation... (I know, that he often remains in character even after the shooting/in-between the shots).

Aamir has another aproach, he plays a character, enacts it, imagines the feelings...one can observe a very good performance...but I always wondered why my connection always got stuck on the observing level and not on the 'I feel-what-you-feel' level. I only realised it with TZP why I couldn't connect to him although he is a good actor.

Because amir is good at snatching credit from others

and when did that happened? except for this one false rumor? 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Like I said above, HHRPK wasn’t the only movie set that Mahesh Bhatt was absent from.  And he didn’t ask for Aamir’s help. He just stopped showing up for work and Aamir took over to finish the schedule.  

Mahesh and his daughter Pooja don’t like Aamir. The feeling might be mutual. But one side hasn’t said anything about it in the past 30 years and the other side has talked about it plenty.  Objectivity and credibility becomes an issue at a situation like this.  

Movie making is a collaborative environment.  A lot of actors give their feedback and make suggestions.  Rishi Kapoor talked about arguing with Shakun Batra everyday over his character in K&S.  Ajay Devgan shot one of Sid’s scenes in Thank God himself.  I’m sure there are plenty of examples of exchange of ideas and disagreements on movie sets.  And I cannot think of a single example where Aamir has taken credit from any director. It’s just something that the public and media has picked up on because some directors who give hits with him follow it up with flops.  

In 1990s akshay was famous for chopping co star roles who did better scenes or acting than him in movies so he gets lime light

Amir was known to interfere in directors scenes 

and SRK PR was most famous (do not ask me why you can google) later salman pr became famous after car run over incident 

Ppl only do not speak openly unlike bhat or gupte because amir is super star and a hit actor 

Very few have braveness to risk careers by speaking truth in indian work place when amir or other super stars wield such power 

It is stupidity to think that Mahesh Bhat or his assistants who made movie like Sir or daddy or arth a decade before only will need an young actor amir to direct to make their movie better 

If amir was such a great director he would direct 10 great movies by now after hum hain rahi pyar ke - 

In 1990s amir was no great actor or not even famous as after lagaan - top 6 actors actress were sunny deol,srk, govinda, madhuri, sridevi, juhi. Salman, amir were not top 6 of bollywood than mostly survived on others glories of actresses or directors working with them who were more famous or more hit (salman openly admitted it)

I get suprised when ppl praise ajay, amir, akshay, salman as super stars of 90s they were not hit machines like after 2000s actually and even in movies heroine or director over shadowed them neither they were known as great actors

I am sure SRK, sunny deol, ajay, ranbir, ranveer,  govinda etc  all give suggestions to directors about scenes but they will not do PR saying they ghost directed movie 

Shakti kappoor said govinda would tell him dialogues or ideas which became hit that does not mean govinda will say i am director not david dhawan because character is my idea (behaviour, dressing etc and some hit dialogues too) 

Till a person does not write a story dialogues himself than casts himself and handles all depts of film making i would not consider him or her as director actually which raj kumar santoshi, david dhawan, mahesh bhat, ashutosh gowariker, bhanasali, vidhu chopra etc could do in many movies and make them hit. Indeed many directors enact scenes for actor and they copy it. I have heard directors say that they enact scenes and show as its their vision and actors act them out in interviews. Its a director vision. Even if assistant does it he will go and talk to main director how he wants it to happen and follow his vision actually. 

Edited by myviewprem - 7 months ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

and when did that happened? except for this one false rumor? 

I did not say read below 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/akshaye-khanna-says-taare-zameen-par-director-wanted-to-cast-him-but-aamir-khan-took-it-8215359/

Edited by myviewprem - 7 months ago

I did not say read below 

that's a lie 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

In 1990s akshay was famous for chopping co star roles who did better scenes or acting than him in movies so he gets lime light

Amir was known to interfere in directors scenes 

and SRK PR was most famous (do not ask me why you can google) later salman pr became famous after car run over incident 

Ppl only do not speak openly unlike bhat or gupte because amir is super star and a hit actor 

Very few have braveness to risk careers by speaking truth in indian work place when amir or other super stars wield such power 

It is stupidity to think that Mahesh Bhat or his assistants who made movie like Sir or daddy or arth a decade before only will need an young actor amir to direct to make their movie better 

If amir was such a great director he would direct 10 great movies by now after hum hain rahi pyar ke - 

In 1990s amir was no great actor or not even famous as after lagaan - top 6 actors actress were sunny deol,srk, govinda, madhuri, sridevi, juhi. Salman, amir were not top 6 of bollywood than mostly survived on others glories of actresses or directors working with them who were more famous or more hit (salman openly admitted it)

I get suprised when ppl praise ajay, amir, akshay, salman as super stars of 90s they were not hit machines like after 2000s actually and even in movies heroine or director over shadowed them neither they were known as great actors

I am sure SRK, sunny deol, ajay, ranbir, ranveer,  govinda etc  all give suggestions to directors about scenes but they will not do PR saying they ghost directed movie 

Shakti kappoor said govinda would tell him dialogues or ideas which became hit that does not mean govinda will say i am director not david dhawan because character is my idea (behaviour, dressing etc and some hit dialogues too) 

Till a person does not write a story dialogues himself than casts himself and handles all depts of film making i would not consider him or her as director actually which raj kumar santoshi, david dhawan, mahesh bhat, ashutosh gowariker, bhanasali, vidhu chopra etc could do in many movies and make them hit. Indeed many directors enact scenes for actor and they copy it. I have heard directors say that they enact scenes and show as its their vision and actors act them out in interviews. Its a director vision. Even if assistant does it he will go and talk to main director how he wants it to happen and follow his vision actually. 

That’s a very restrictive definition of a director.  Not every director is also a writer, or a casting agent, or a producer to handle every aspect of film making. 

As for everything else, I agree with some of your points and disagree with others.  You choose to believe that it’s all lies that Aamir directed portions of HHRPK and I chose to believe that he has in fact done that.  Aamir was not in the same position in the 90s that he is today but he was definitely recognized as a good actor specially after Rangeela.  As for being hit machines, other than Govinda I don’t think anyone else consistently gave hits back to back. Not even SRK or Sunny Deol. They were superstars because the hits that they gave were huge hits like DDLJ or Ghayal.  They certainly had their fair share of flops too.  Aamir had movies like Rangeela and Raja Hindustani both were massive successes and got him a lot of critical acclaim for his work.  Akshay and Ajay were mostly known as action heroes.  They also had their share of hits but yes they definitely weren’t in a position they are today.

As for Mahesh Bhatt, brilliant filmmaker but he relishes in his own intellectual and spiritual superiority complex all the time.  So everything he says cannot automatically be taken as facts.  The fact that he used abandon his movies was not strictly Aamir Khan starring movies.  There’s an old interview out there with someone (might be Sunil Shetty but I’m not sure) complaining that his movie shoot was stalled because Mahesh hardly showed up on sets.  

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

In one of his interviews MB mentioned about how busy he was during dhkmn days during early 90s with the other films and how one of the most prominent faces of his film helped him completing the project.

Yes hhrpk not just few portions but infect a massive and important schedule was completed by Amir, one can see the stamp of Amir's direction over it which resonates alot with TZP. 

Infect no other film of MB ever looked that contemporary and fresh as romcoms and new age cinema unlike dhkmn and hhrpk, which cannot be a coincidence. 

MB didn't mention it as a sign of gratitude though..he disses Aamir and calls him interfering 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I have never liked aamir on-screen or off screen. Something is off about him. He love how other see him a genius and perfectionist. He obviously had issues with Srk the day he won best actor in DDLJ. Baazigar and Darr both movies was first offered to aamir khan but obviously he refused it and wanted to have a meeting with Yash Chopra to discuss and change the role of Darr but Yash Chopra offered to Srk. Maybe he feels if he had done those movies, srk would not been such a big star. Srk friendship became strong with Juhi. 

Srk mentioned in Ted talks that he did those roles because he wanted to have food on the table and fear of unemployment.

Aamir has major control issues. I do not think Aamir directed the movie TZP.  You don't tell Yash Chopra for the meeting.