Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

hainnnnn...? when did Ajay directed any movie? hearing it for the first time 

he’s directed 4 films 😂 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Only going with my feeling about Aamir, I think that he ghost-directed three of the movies he also produced which may have been rather frustrating for the nominal directors (I think of  Dangal, Secret Superstar and LSC)

Amole had been the creative director for TZP (whatever this means) but I think I remember rightly that initially he was named as writer and director.

Why he did not assume the role of a director entirely? I suppose there are tasks he doesn't like to do...but then also tasks where he thinks he can do them better (or at least according to his sight).

Originally posted by: Clochette

Only going with my feeling about Aamir, I think that he ghost-directed three of the movies he also produced which may have been rather frustrating for the nominal directors (I think of  Dangal, Secret Superstar and LSC)

Amole had been the creative director for TZP (whatever this means) but I think I remember rightly that initially he was named as writer and director.

Why he did not assume the role of a director entirely? I suppose there are tasks he doesn't like to do...but then also tasks where he thinks he can do them better (or at least according to his sight).

My logic says, as Amir takes a very long time just being an actor, he takes sometimes 4 to 5 years for just one film, so imagine how much more time he would have taken as been the captain of the ship having alot more responsibilities as a director compared to just an actor in a movie, I guess he sensed that and was happy mainly ghost directing few portions of some of his films, that way he has satisfied his inner director as well without going full fledged which as I said would have taken a long long time for him for being the Mr perfectionist he is. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

hainnnnn...? when did Ajay directed any movie? hearing it for the first time 

He’s directed Bhola, Runway 34, Shivaay, and an older rom com with Kajol.  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Yes that makes sense. 

But I was always under the impression that Amir will prefer going behind the camera more instead of in front in the future, giving his script sense and how much he used to interfere (better call it been involved) in his directors' work that was reported countless times. 

But I guess you are right, been involved too much and showing interest does not mean one automatically enjoys the direction as a full fledged thing, plus he likes to focus on one thing at one time and giving his dedication he would not have been able to be an actor anymore if he would have started directing films on a regular bases, so that explains. 

I think being an actor and doing movies like Lagan, Dangal, PK, 3 Idiots, RDB, and several others have helped him reach the levels that he has and in turn has given him the ability to run Aamir Khan Production as a success, almost. LSC being an exception to that but even as a production value it was top notch.  So he’s probably not ready to give that up yet.  Also you cannot be as good of an actor as Aamir and not have some passion for the art of acting IMO.  

He is starting to change though.  He’s already producing that Santoshi Sunny Deol movie which by all accounts will be a big film. So who knows, maybe he’ll start taking up directing more too.  

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Because amir is good at snatching credit from others

it was amol gupte who directed it but amir khan felt he has to take credit 

it had come in all media that time

Or may be amir thought its good film so let me direct and take all credit 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/akshaye-khanna-says-taare-zameen-par-director-wanted-to-cast-him-but-aamir-khan-took-it-8215359/

Edited by myviewprem - 7 months ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I didn’t know about DHKMN.  But HHRPK is pretty much an accepted fact now.  I think back in those days Mahesh was losing interest in directing and wouldn’t even show to the sets leaving his assistants to do his work.  Aamir was said to have taken over and directed whatever Mahesh didn’t. Allegedly this had happened to several movies MB was directing those days.  

I do not think so from what i have heard 

Mahesh Bhat had great assistant directors like robin bhat, arshad warsi, vikram bhat, mohit suri , milind luthra, anurag kashyap etc 

Why would he take amir help when he has such great assistants 

Indeed Mahesh bhat was so pissed off with amir khans inter fence he left ghulam sets in anger and refused to direct it vikram bhat did it than 

Indeed amir has this habit of giving few suggestions and taking entire credit from director thats why pissed off mahesh bhat did not come on sets of hum hain rahi pyar ke and sent assistants

he admitted in interviews amir has knack of interfering too much  and no director likes it 

How will anyone like if your maid or security starts ordering you how to run your house at home 

It same an actor is just a employee if film hit or flop its director baby or home that he builds painstaking over years 

If amir likes direction he should have directed by now many movies but he has not done 

I am surprised he never took credit for lagaan as it went to oscar 

Edited by myviewprem - 7 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I do not think so from what i have heard 

Mahesh Bhat had great assistant directors like robin bhat, arshad warsi, vikram bhat, mohit suri , milind luthra, anurag kashyap etc 

Why would he take amir help when he has such great assistants 

Indeed Mahesh bhat was so pissed off with amir khans inter fence he left ghulam sets in anger and refused to direct it vikram bhat did it than 

Indeed amir has this habit of giving few suggestions and taking entire credit from director thats why pissed off mahesh bhat did not come on sets of hum hain rahi pyar ke and sent assistants

he admitted in interviews amir has knack of interfering too much  and no director likes it 

How will anyone like if your maid or security starts ordering you how to run your house at home 

It same an actor is just a employee if film hit or flop its director baby or home that he builds painstaking over years 

If amir likes direction he should have directed by now many movies but he has not done 

Like I said above, HHRPK wasn’t the only movie set that Mahesh Bhatt was absent from.  And he didn’t ask for Aamir’s help. He just stopped showing up for work and Aamir took over to finish the schedule.  

Mahesh and his daughter Pooja don’t like Aamir. The feeling might be mutual. But one side hasn’t said anything about it in the past 30 years and the other side has talked about it plenty.  Objectivity and credibility becomes an issue at a situation like this.  

Movie making is a collaborative environment.  A lot of actors give their feedback and make suggestions.  Rishi Kapoor talked about arguing with Shakun Batra everyday over his character in K&S.  Ajay Devgan shot one of Sid’s scenes in Thank God himself.  I’m sure there are plenty of examples of exchange of ideas and disagreements on movie sets.  And I cannot think of a single example where Aamir has taken credit from any director. It’s just something that the public and media has picked up on because some directors who give hits with him follow it up with flops.  

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I believe everything you mentioned (okay, it fits into what I feel/got to know about Aamir)

I didn't ask myself this because Kiran was an assistant director...and he...well...fell in love to her...that could have had a certain effect on some of his behaviour on sets.

I also can admit now, that I found Aamir a bit pretentious as the teacher in TZP...getting to know about Akshaye I think I would have prefered his genuine empathy vs the obviously played one...

Edited by Clochette - 7 months ago