Why Amir never directed another movie again after the superhit TZP?

Posted: 6 months ago

Amir khan directorial Taare Zameen Par was not only a highly critically acclaimed film, but it was a massive super hit film at the box office as well, loved by all be it classes, masses and the critics. 

It has been 16 long years since it's release in 2007, and despite all of the critical acclaim and being a superb super smash hit at the boxoffice, Amir khan has not directed anything at all since then, there is not even any news or rumours or even any statement or interest shown by Amir in any of his interviews to direct another movie,  why? 

Amir as everyone knows is a genius as far as script sense is concerned, got a great esthetic and artistic sense and can do wonders directing diverse sort of films that can be message oriented as well as highly entertaining, yet 16 years have been passed and not even a single next directorial took place despite all of the super success and extreme applause from everywhere for his directorial debut. 

What do you think can be the reason? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

no one is interested in answering this? :(

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Didn’t aamir steal directorial credits from the original director 🤣 

Originally posted by: JustWandering

Didn’t aamir steal directorial credits from the original director 🤣 

No, this is total bullshit made by the usual faaltu media. 

Even Amol Gupte denied these rumors very strongly. 

Aamir had no need to steal the directorial credits, why would he do that? what was the need? 

Infect there were strong and almost confirmed news that Amir actually directed few portions of Dil hai ke manta nahi and also a major portion of Hum hain rahi pyar ke, Mahesh Bhatt sort of confirmed it in one of his interviews. 

Come to think of it, Amul directed 4 other films and 2 were big flops while 2 others were huge disasters, also they were not even a patch over TZP quality wise and does not seem like been directed by the director of TZP, that much inconsistency in quality and results of the films cannot just be a coincidence. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

My only guess is he doesn’t enjoy it as a work and did TZP out of necessity.  He started having disagreements with the original director of TZP and they parted ways.  He didn’t want to wait to find another director because Darsheel was getting older and he really wanted him for Ishaan’s role. So he took on the job himself.  

He has strongly been rumored to be ghost directing some of his movies because those movies’ directors end up giving flops after their movies with Aamir.  Most recent one being Dangal after Bawaal turned out to be a mess.  

Edited by IAmLuvBolly - 6 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

Infect there were strong and almost confirmed news that Amir actually directed few portions of Dil hai ke manta nahi and also a major portion of Hum hain rahi pyar ke, Mahesh Bhatt sort of confirmed it in one of his interviews. 

I didn’t know about DHKMN.  But HHRPK is pretty much an accepted fact now.  I think back in those days Mahesh was losing interest in directing and wouldn’t even show to the sets leaving his assistants to do his work.  Aamir was said to have taken over and directed whatever Mahesh didn’t. Allegedly this had happened to several movies MB was directing those days.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Let’s discuss Ajay

He’s directed 4 films. That’s a lot for actor turned director 

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Let’s discuss Ajay

He’s directed 4 films. That’s a lot for actor turned director 

hainnnnn...? when did Ajay directed any movie? hearing it for the first time 

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I didn’t know about DHKMN.  But HHRPK is pretty much an accepted fact now.  I think back in those days Mahesh was losing interest in directing and wouldn’t even show to the sets leaving his assistants to do his work.  Aamir was said to have taken over and directed whatever Mahesh didn’t. Allegedly this had happened to several movies MB was directing those days.  

In one of his interviews MB mentioned about how busy he was during dhkmn days during early 90s with the other films and how one of the most prominent faces of his film helped him completing the project.

Yes hhrpk not just few portions but infect a massive and important schedule was completed by Amir, one can see the stamp of Amir's direction over it which resonates alot with TZP. 

Infect no other film of MB ever looked that contemporary and fresh as romcoms and new age cinema unlike dhkmn and hhrpk, which cannot be a coincidence. 

Edited by Beywakoof - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

My only guess is he doesn’t enjoy it as a work and did TZP out of necessity.  He started having disagreements with the original director of TZP and they parted ways.  He didn’t want to wait to find another director because Darsheel was getting older and he really wanted him for Ishaan’s role. So he took on the job himself.  

He has strongly been rumored to be ghost directing some of his movies because those movies’ directors end up giving flops after their movies with Aamir.  Most recent one being Dangal after Bawaal turned out to be a mess.  

Yes that makes sense. 

But I was always under the impression that Amir will prefer going behind the camera more instead of in front in the future, giving his script sense and how much he used to interfere (better call it been involved) in his directors' work that was reported countless times. 

But I guess you are right, been involved too much and showing interest does not mean one automatically enjoys the direction as a full fledged thing, plus he likes to focus on one thing at one time and giving his dedication he would not have been able to be an actor anymore if he would have started directing films on a regular bases, so that explains.