Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

NOOO to the power of infinity! Just cannot even imagine SRK with karpur on his forehead. Forget the rest of it. 

Agree with other members here. Mohit Raina will always be the best version of Shiva. His image as Shiva is just so vividly etched in memory. Even almost all the digital art of Shiva available online has Raina's silhouette in it. No one else till date could do justice to that role like he did. Despite the fact that there have been way too many adaptations on TV since then. 

Edited by Mirage09 - 6 months ago
NotAMuggle thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

The word "Brahmastra" also triggered me...but then, reading what Mukerjee said about the Astraverse, I already thought that - despite Shiva being the lead - it wouldn't be an adaptation.

But that had been okay as KJo hadn't made a movie as long as he had the rights to do so ...I still wonder why he didn't...he could have worked with RedChillies as co-producer and VFX provider and the movie would have cost half of Brahmastra's budget.

To be honest, Brahmastra had potential - storywise - with a well crafted sequal bringing some surprises...but it was that half baked (quite ridiculous) love story Ranbir and Alia had to play that destroyed the movie...

To be totally honest, I think it is actually good that KJO didn't attempt making a movie on it. He doesn't have what it takes to make a good, impactful periodic piece in my opinion. The only director (in BW) who can probably make a decent adaptation out of it is probably SLB and that's why probably he actually bought the rights from KJO. Though I am not very sure how well he can narrate the story, with all the intricate details since his movies concentrate too much on the visual aesthetics & don't focus much on storyline/script.

AND!! I am not very sure if the trilogy gets adapted into movies people would very warmly welcome it smiley36 Given India's current religious + political scenario. Showing Shiva, Sati & other mythological characters as ordinary mortals? Their long life span a mere chemical effect of a drink? Shiva's Neel Kanth another such chemistry experiment? Kali, Ganesha etc having born with deformities? Yeah! I can already imagine the uproar and the whole Save Hinduism from Bollywood movement that would initiate. smiley29 And that's why it is very important that SRK or any other Khans stay as far away from it (if it ever gets made) as possible or else it would begin another round of Us vs Them battle with death threats thrown at them. No. Thanks.

Also, even though the book trilogy was successful, it was published in a time when people's sentiment weren't this fragile. If movies are made now, Amish would again come back in focus & it wouldn't be very pleasant for him. So it would be great if the movies aren't made at all. 

Just my opinion.

Edited by NotAMuggle - 6 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Your arguments reflect my thinking and feeling...absolutely not the right time...and, me neither, I could name someone who should do it.

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

I don’t see it translating well in a movie let alone see srk in it