Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: PD_forums

I am more interested in OMG 2 ... How is the talk and advance collections for the movie???

Even me

Talk is very good

Advance collections are also very good

driven thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Driven you are too cute!!!!

Be my girlfriend

driven thumbnail
MochaQueen thumbnail

I meant Animal😆

I might also watch Non Stop Dhamaal releasing the week after Gadar 2. Hope it does well for Rajpal Yadav❤️

tonygonsalves thumbnail

If Amitabh really instigated as someone in this forum says, the people who instigated against would have ceased to exist.

driven thumbnail

Originally posted by: tonygonsalves

If Amitabh really instigated as someone in this forum says, the people who instigated against would have ceased to exist.

What does that mean? Are you implying Amitabh is a mafia?

driven thumbnail

Gadar 2 Records Phenomenal Advances - OMG 2 Fair At National Chains

Friday 10 August 2023 11.45 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Follow Us Twitter logo link

Gadar 2 - The Katha Continues has recorded phenomenal advances as it is sure to go over the 30 crore nett mark in terms of total advances. The film is likely to settle behind Pathaan and KGF 2 but could be among the top three of all time. The advances have been held back at national chains due to programming issues as the cinemas which record the best advances were unable to load all the shows. It hardly matters much as even in these high end multiplexes it will be Gadar 2 dominating the show on release.

The multiplex advances outside the national chains where Oh My God 2 and the holdovers hardly matter are simply crazy as its tops Pathaan and challenges KGF2 and then at single screens where there is not much of an advance culture and more about current its a one horse race as advances were probably not suppose to be open but single screen exhibitors sold tickets anyway. It will actually be difficult to put a number to the single screen advance for the film. 

The film has an insane craze and if it was a solo release it would be aiming at that 50 crore nett number but at present the film is looking at a release of around 4000 screens when it could have been over 5000 if solo release. The film can now aim at that 40 crore nett mark and considering the film is more of a current film than advance as aimed at the masses it would be no surprise if it gets there or even higher. The occupancy of the film at most centres will be insane and not seen in a long long time. 

The Hindi film industry has been struggling post the pandemic so this has led to different ways to manufacture the box office for perception. In the South it is fan clubs that are empowered to do the job while here there were many novel ideas to do a similar job. Leaving aside the details its basically been what one would be called torn tickets or feeding for the past two post two months but Gadar 2 is all ORGANIC.  Even if the advance or collections coming were only 10% of what they are even thats good enough as long as its all organic.

The advances for Oh My God 2 are fair at the national chains but outside the situation is pretty dire due to Gadar 2. Miraj cinemas which is the biggest multiplex chains outside the nationals stands at 21k for Gadar 2 and just 1.1k for Oh My God 2 for day one and its pretty much the situation elsewhere. There will be very limited collections outside the national chains and that will be a huge issue for the film. Luckily Animal got out of the way of the juggernaut but Oh My God 2 stood there to be run over.