Issues with Shivendra's character

Saabs_123456 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

When the show started, Shivendra was flawed green flag ML. He had little issues when Surili hid her problems with him but, but He used to take a stand for Surili and that time she was a stranger to him. He used to be so smitten by one woman and he would not see anyone else, the LOYAL vibes. He was honest about his feelings to himself.  Even when he had misunderstanding that surili was married, he was hoenst that he has some liking for surili but he would maintain distance because she is married. His happiness knowing Surili is single.

But suddenly after marriage, he has changes so much. I am personally drifting away from this characte. He was favourite character since day 1 for the way he was.

He marries surili and brings her home and she leaves everything for him ONLY to be called "sadak ki cheez""raja ke shauq ki cheez" and he doesn't ask his mom to shut up. 

The most shocking was when just because surili messed up regarding ambi, he said "shayad kuchh chand mulaqaton ko humne pyaar samajh liya""shaayd yeh shadi ek galti hai". Then questioned her care for people.

WHAT A LET DOWN from Shivendra. REALLY SHIVENDRA?

He could have scolded surili for doubting ambi. she deserved that. But questioning THE MARRIAGE and LOVE for such a trivial thing? NO! Big let down!

You brought a woman all the way from Mumbai, convinced her to marry you and leave her world behind and now you question that marriage itself? SO WRONG he did!

After all this he expects he will say sorry and she should forgive. Literally throwing stuff when she refuses to forgive him? 

Then she comes injured, and he is least concerned. It was Maanvendra who was more worried about her injury. 

He has romantic moments with Surili and they decide to start again and the same day, he is smitten by his ex Roshni!

His ex Roshni comes, and he is flirting with her. The way he looked smitten. If you still had feelings for Roshni why you married someone else? Shouldn't he have been more shocked than being all smitten? Just like he was smitten by suruli during firework sequence?

And then in car he blames his 8 year old breakup on roshni entirely ,calling her "more egoistic than his mom" just because she refused to deal with his mom cheap language! Blaming their breakup on Roshni entirely! Dude if she was egoistic and all why ddi you look so smitten by her, flirt with her and turned back just to tell her "acha laag aapse mil kar". 

Literally low key giving hints to your ex. 

With every episode, disconnecting with shivendra when at a point he was the fav character!

Looks like he takes surili for granted since she is now his wife. the moment he has fear of losing her then he can leave everything for surili but otherwise he will disrespect her too now!

And he looks even more unbearable because I have seen turkish version and the way Faruk (shivendra) met his ex was so different. He was scared for sureyya (Surili). He was shocked and asked his ex to leave because he doesn't want her to harm his wief in any way who is love of his life.

He went to hospital to just warn her to not use or hurt his wife to harm him. Faruk was NOT smitten by his ex, he was ONLY smitten by sureyya. He was over his ex . In fact he was scared for sureyya when his ex entered because he knew sureyya has trust issues and she has a fragile heart! He requested his ex to stay away from sureyya!

And shivendra being smitten by Roshni , just like he was smitten by Surili!  Such a big let down!

Surili 's love for shivendra looks so passionate real the way she loves him, cares for him, is smitten by only him but can't say the same for shivendra anymore!

Please, these are personal point of views.

Edited by Saabs_123456 - 9 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rizahfarook thumbnail

Totally agree with you on this even I’ve noticed this sudden change In Shivendra just right after the marriage!!! I’ve never seen him taking a strong stand for his wife since she’s all new to his family and listening to his mother’s taunts.And then full on anger in front of his family for Ambi dai n full doubting on their love and questioning their marriage this is not done!!!Wow a romantic husband just patched up with his wife,lol next minute he’s all blushing seeing his ex girlfriend. Not liking this red flag at all. 

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rizahfarook

Totally agree with you on this even I’ve noticed this sudden change In Shivendra just right after the marriage!!! I’ve never seen him taking a strong stand for his wife since she’s all new to his family and listening to his mother’s taunts.And then full on anger in front of his family for Ambi dai n full doubting on their love and questioning their marriage this is not done!!!Wow a romantic husband just patched up with his wife,lol next minute he’s all blushing seeing his ex girlfriend. Not liking this red flag at all. 

"red flag" Sad but yeah! he is slowly turning into one from a rare green flag ML.

Can't understand the sudden change. once a favourite not can't like him!

emma8 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I have the same issues with Shivendra's character. I was so disasspointed when he questioned his love and called his marriage a mistake. He could have handled the situation better but chose to show no care or concern for Surili's feelings.

It was big of Surili to forgive him because if Surili did the same thing, I doubt Shivendra would be so understanding.

Also, I know that he was told not to handle the business but he has literally shown zero interest in that. In the original show Faruk was still handling the business.

The scene with his Roshini was very off putting. I have no clue what they are trying to show, that Shivendra is still interested in his ex? Just saying he loves Surili but looking smitten when meeting his ex is so wrong. 

I wish they would go back to the way it was in the beginning of the show. 

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: emma8

I have the same issues with Shivendra's character. I was so disasspointed when he questioned his love and called his marriage a mistake. He could have handled the situation better but chose to show no care or concern for Surili's feelings.

It was big of Surili to forgive him because if Surili did the same thing, I doubt Shivendra would be so understanding.

Also, I know that he was told not to handle the business but he has literally shown zero interest in that. In the original show Faruk was still handling the business.

The scene with his Roshini was very off putting. I have no clue what they are trying to show, that Shivendra is still interested in his ex? Just saying he loves Surili but looking smitten when meeting his ex is so wrong. 

I wish they would go back to the way it was in the beginning of the show. 

gave him benefits of doubt then "humein lagta hai ki humne chand milakaton ko pyaar ka naam de diya""shayad yeh shadi GALTI hai""aapke wahan hota hoga ki log auron ki fikr na karte ho..."

Thought he will redeem. But then he is just playing victim throwing stuff, emphasising on "I can not live without you surili".

and roshni shiv meet was so so off putting. him flirting, smiling, being all smitten putty for his ex. and then in car he tells surili "roshni ego was more than my mom." etc etc.

Not liking shivendra at all now. Gotta say he was my fav in the show. SUch a unique flawed but green male lead.

Faruk NEVER showed that he had feelings for anyone else. he was NEVER smitten by his ex. IN fact he was shocked and scared after his ex came back, as he should have been.

Faruk as you said was even mature and even without powers handling business. 

emma8 thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

They are really going to butcher Shiv's character. The promo for tomorrow is already so off putting. I cannot believe the way Shiv is acting around his ex and asking if she needs a ride and even flirting with her. I was hoping the initial meeting was directional error. 

But from the way Shiv is acting it appears that he still has feeling for Roshni and stating that he only loves Surili will not be enough as his actions indicate something else. 

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: emma8

They are really going to butcher Shiv's character. The promo for tomorrow is already so off putting. I cannot believe the way Shiv is acting around his ex and asking if she needs a ride and even flirting with her. I was hoping the initial meeting was directional error. 

But from the way Shiv is acting it appears that he still has feeling for Roshni and stating that he only loves Surili will not be enough as his actions indicate something else. 

precisely. So UNLIKABLE he is becoming. 

He says something and does something else.

He was literally flirting on first meet with his ex, too when he is newly married guy! 

BOUNDARIES?

His actions clearly screaming he ha some feelings for his ex.

I hope we dont have to say that "SURILI DESERVES BETTER THAN A GUY LIKE HIM"

Sshesha thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Was the 8 year old kid, son of Shiv? Also will Roshni remain positive?

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

In Turkish version, Farauk/ Shivendra had a son with his ex. Roshni was not negative in turkish version, was on grey side. But don't know what Hum makers will show. I think they will turn her negative.

But yeah, Faruk had boundaries. he was not smitten with his ex at all neither flirted. IN fact asked her to stay away from sureyya/ Surili!

emma8 thumbnail

I am confused as to what the makers are trying to show? Do they want to show that Shiv still has feelings for Roshini? Also today's episode made is abundantly clear that Roshini holds a grudge against Shiv for ending their relationship and they both have lots of unsolved issues. 

Even if the makers show that Shiv will accept Mohit (which he should) and not Roshini, it will not be believable. His behavior till now has been questionable and he still has a soft spot for her. 

Is Shiv planning to bring Roshini and Mohit to Ranak? If he is a planning on hiding all of these from Surili, that is unforgivable. 

In the original, Sureyya meets Begum (shiv's ex on her own) even before Faruk meets her I think. I am not sure when Faurk finds out that he has a son, it might have been after Sureyya leaves but I am not sure. 

Also what does Rshini do for a living? She is raising Mohit alone but does she not have a support system? If she hadn't met Shiv who was she going to leave Mohit with? In the original show Begum was a doctor and had abest friend. 

I understand this is only a show but it's disappointing simply because it had great potential. They have great source material.