to belief... 12 years on

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 months ago

24 rain final indi 970.png

it's still hard to believe sometimes that i won't be switching off the whole world soon and getting lost in another universe at the witching hour (in singapore, the first telecast used to be at 12 midnight).

that my toes wouldn't tingle, my stomach hollow out, my shoulder blades feel a crazy unearthly rush. as a face turned. or a dupatta flew. or eyes filled with what was it, pain? or a voice hissed, "shut up." or a pompom bobbed. or a payal slid sinuously off an ankle and a sidelong glance rested on it for an endless fraction of a moment.

that i won't break all my rules of staying sane, and rush and trip and fall hoping to be caught in the arms of absolute insanity. the arms never missed catching me... not a single time. through the months of first watch, the years of rewatch, the sleepless hours of repeat watch, the ages of writing, editing caps, making vms, plotting fanfics, the eternity of becoming friends with the equally insane, where age, race, nationality, colour, weight, sexual orientation, marital status, profession, education, nothing mattered, as long as you were pagal to the same measure and helplessly in mohabbat... or nafrat. better still, both.

that i live today in this day and night and continuum of time completely undisturbed by that unknown, uncharted, unattainable yet enmeshed in me dimension. there is no "dhoop sa" one here, nor the one who's like "chandni raat," and certainly hamesha doesn't live near me any more.

that there is only this real world i am banished to. astonishes me that i am getting by. guess we all do. but what a complete freefall into skd that was... not like anything i'd ever experienced before... perhaps never again will either. words are meant to fall short in describing such things... why must everything be described anyway? an ahsaas, the dhak of a dhakdhak, a drowning, a surge of gratitude, that melting away.

i wonder what kkg and asr would say if they saw us again... (my mind pipes up, he'd rasp, "unbelievable!", she'd throw some ber into her mouth and grin, and practise tripping and falling into insanity). maybe nani ji would understand, and laxmi ji would sagaciously drink orange juice. babu ji would give shyam a tight slap. op and hp would go find rahim chacha. mama ji would return and stop mami ji at "hello hi" with a hard and manly kiss. la would sashay in and go round and round, akash would chuck his facial hair and return to being payal ji's sweet paramour, payal ji would smile and demand a do lakh ka bag. di would cut her hair, jangle her bangles, and set out to own her life minus the dissembling damad ji...  nk and bua ji would have a nandkissore moment... maybe, who knows... as long as there's nasha, jadoo, and a spot of vishwas...

do i hear a helicopter's staccato whir? is he lifting her in his arms and taking her for a...

say "khushi" again, i whisper to him.

FbFGjlD.png

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

This is…. Such a gorgeous right up! 

This show truly is something else. To keep thousands and thousands of people captivated Ben after such a long time is no less than magic ♥️

indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: VeiledWords

This is…. Such a gorgeous right up! 

This show truly is something else. To keep thousands and thousands of people captivated Ben after such a long time is no less than magic ♥️

thanks so much, veiledwords. yes, ipk was something else. 

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Those familiar shots.... and words....

12 years.. back home in my amma's language called as "pushkar".. supposedly a long time in those days of low life expectancy.. not when the vivid images of a fortuitous face off at a darga..or a heavy downpour in a parking lot.. or a pool side payal slipping..or fiery red hot challenges in a modest kitchen of Laxmi nagar.. flash in mind like it was yesterday..

Oh yes.. all in to hear that "Khushi" from him again....his delhi's auto riksha like Khushi...

Iss pyar.. a prem kahani of the pagals with a world of trip & fall & losing all the sanity....countless hours spent rewatching & reminiscing..

Freefall into SKD .. truly..

Thanks much, indi!

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

12 years and still loving more and more.. 

Here is the celebration thread :) 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5329612

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I was hit by nostalgia so acute, a sadness for a time gone by when madness had truly struck. Finding this show and all of you was without doubt the most enriching experience of my life. Often wonder how this one show could prove to be meaningful for so many of us, impacting us in ways we hadn't imagined. As I'm writing this I hear that Khushi in my ear and see that toothy grin of hers popping a ber in her mouth, thinking of ways to trouble the LG! And not to forget the most bhunderous bhun of all, hello hi bye bye!!

indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Horizon

Those familiar shots.... and words....

12 years.. back home in my amma's language called as "pushkar".. supposedly a long time in those days of low life expectancy.. not when the vivid images of a fortuitous face off at a darga..or a heavy downpour in a parking lot.. or a pool side payal slipping..or fiery red hot challenges in a modest kitchen of Laxmi nagar.. flash in mind like it was yesterday..

Oh yes.. all in to hear that "Khushi" from him again....his delhi's auto riksha like Khushi...

Iss pyar.. a prem kahani of the pagals with a world of trip & fall & losing all the sanity....countless hours spent rewatching & reminiscing..

Freefall into SKD .. truly..

Thanks much, indi!

pushkar. that's interesting. horizon, so good to see you here again, we who went to the prem kahani of the pagals together and left little bits of us there, our payals, our jhumkas, our mannat ki chabis... ok i saw the golhappa episode today and enjoyed too many things.

indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Animagus_Shiri

12 years and still loving more and more.. 

Here is the celebration thread :) 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5329612

thank you and here's to our skd.

indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kizh72

I was hit by nostalgia so acute, a sadness for a time gone by when madness had truly struck. Finding this show and all of you was without doubt the most enriching experience of my life. Often wonder how this one show could prove to be meaningful for so many of us, impacting us in ways we hadn't imagined. As I'm writing this I hear that Khushi in my ear and see that toothy grin of hers popping a ber in her mouth, thinking of ways to trouble the LG! And not to forget the most bhunderous bhun of all, hello hi bye bye!!

this acute nostalgia. i think i just pretend hum theek hai as days months years go by without that madness. hum theek nahin hain, no way. yeah, what a silly soap led to, it's totally what the. today blunderous bhun bhas unbeleebhably issuperbiya in a going all over the place 267.

Arshi67 thumbnail

You articulated that ehsaas so beautifully, Indi 🤗

It was a time like no other… how could it have been anything but that  when we had a show like no other filling our lives. It truly was madness on another level.