Rules & Announcements

Rediscover the Power of the Forum Follow Button

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Hi All,

We want to remind you of an existing feature that can greatly enhance your forum experience - the Follow button! This handy tool has been available for a while, but we'd like to bring it to your attention and highlight its benefits.

Why should you use the Follow button?

1. Seamless Navigation: By utilizing the Follow button, you can effortlessly navigate to your favorite forums from any page on our platform. Once you follow a forum, it will be conveniently displayed in the "Favorites Forum" dropdown within your user menu. No matter where you are on the forum, you can quickly access your preferred discussions without any hassle.Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 2.25.32 PM.png

2. Personalized Recommendations: Following forums that align with your interests enables our system to gain valuable insights into your preferences. This allows us to provide you with personalized recommendations based on your favorite topics, ensuring you never miss out on engaging discussions. By following forums, you unlock a world of tailored content just for you.

3. We are also working on a page so that you access topics from all your favorite forum instead of actually visiting them individually.

4. Moderators of Public Forums & Creators for Private Forums can send Notification to all members who have subscribed to that forum intimating them about any important topic.

How to use the Follow button:

1. Visit any topic page within the forum you wish to follow.
  2. Look for the Follow button located at the top of the page.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 2.25.09 PM.png

3. Simply click on the Follow button, and the forum will be added to your Favorites Forum dropdown.

It's important to note that by following forums, you not only enhance your own experience but also contribute to the overall engagement and activity within our community. The more users participate, the richer and more diverse the discussions become.

We encourage you to take a few moments to explore the Follow button and start adding your favorite forums to your list. It's an excellent way to stay connected with the topics you love and discover new and exciting discussions within your areas of interest.

If you have any questions or need assistance, our dedicated support team is always here to help. Don't hesitate to reach out!

Let's make the most of our forum and enjoy a more personalized and engaging experience together.

Best regards,

Vijay

Edited by vijay - 10 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

I have been following forums for easy access for a while.  It was really a good feature.  πŸ‘πŸΌ

Cheers..

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

That little pointy finger is really cute! πŸ˜†

I keep having a glitch with following Writer's Corner forum for a while now. It keeps disappearing from my favourites after a few hours. When I clean cache and re-login, it is back and then gone :( I've had it in my favourites since I joined. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

I am already using it.

This sounds interesting...can you explain more about it? Would it only show the popular topics from these forums or all of them?

We are also working on a page so that you access topics from all your favorite forum instead of actually visiting them individually.

Sutapasima thumbnail

I have been following my favourite forums for many years .πŸ‘πŸΌ

Now I have started getting notified also, that’s an added advantage..

Thankyou Vijay and your team for adding more facilities and newer features . β€οΈ

Edited by Sutapasima - 10 months ago
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: la_Reine

I am already using it.

This sounds interesting...can you explain more about it? Would it only show the popular topics from these forums or all of them?

We are also working on a page so that you access topics from all your favorite forum instead of actually visiting them individually.

It will show latest topics from the forums that you are following. So that you can easily see all the topics in different forums of your interest.

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4

I followed a forum. Then it started giving me notifications via email. I didnt want to clutter my inbox so I unsubscribed from the emails. But they keep coming. I have already unfollowed the forum and unsubscribed from emails twice but these notifications haven't stopped at all

What to do😭

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: CheekuKaBeej

I followed a forum. Then it started giving me notifications via email. I didnt want to clutter my inbox so I unsubscribed from the emails. But they keep coming. I have already unfollowed the forum and unsubscribed from emails twice but these notifications haven't stopped at all

What to do😭

You can easily do it by going to Preferences > Email Notifications and activate / deactivate emails as per your choice.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 7.40.26 PM.png

Regards,

Vijay

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Thanks for the reminder, vijay. I prefer to explore different forums, so I don't use the Favorite Forums page; I just click the Forums button. My Active Topic Posts page reminds me which forums to check for new topics.

Originally posted by: vijay

1. Moderators of Public Forums & Creators for Private Forums can send Notification to all members who have subscribed to that forum intimating them about any important topic.

I am the Creator of a private forum. How would I send a notification to all members? I know that I can see a list of forum members and type to tag them one-by-one, ten tags per post. From a New Topic page in the private forum that I created, I don't see any button to notify all members.

Three weeks ago, someone joined India Forums, immediately joined my private forum, and Blocked me a couple of minutes later. That should mean that I can't notify her when I try to notify all members, right?

This member still has zero posts and zero comments, but in the event that one day she disrupts the private forum instead of just reading my posts without revealing her regular ID, are my powers as Creator in any way limited by her Blocking me?

I set the private forum to Auto-Join. In the event that I have to remove a member someday, can s/he immediately re-Join? Is there a blacklist option so that a removed member stays out, while everyone else can still Auto-Join?

By the way, when I am Blocked by members of the DT, does that limit their ability to browse my profile? I have never Blocked anybody, but I wonder about the implications.

Originally posted by: vijay

How to use the Follow button:

1. Visit any topic page within the forum you wish to follow.
  2. Look for the Follow button located at the top of the page.

Topic pages have the Watch button instead. Only the forum page listing topics has the Follow button.

firewings_diya thumbnail

Hi, 

I also noticed that there is a notification feature that has been changed. 

Currently it also shows the text that we quoted instead of the message that written for that quoted text. It is bit confusing. Is there any plan on displaying the comment written by other user who quoted the text than showing our own message πŸ™‚