Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: a year ago

Originally posted by: infinity101

Nobody can overshadow Amitabh Bacchan but the OG Kancha Cheena, Danny in Agneepath was brilliant! 

Danny is top class and the only Kancha Cheena. Period. One of very few who matched aura of AB Sr.

He was also solid in other films he did as a villain, be it Ghatak, Burning Train, Vijaypath, Vinashak or some other film he did with Sunil Shetty.

He was terrifying as a casteist landlord and rapist and killer in Lajja as well. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

Danny is top class and the only Kancha Cheena. Period. One of very few who matched aura of AB Sr.

He was also solid in other films he did as a villain, be it Ghatak, Burning Train, Vijaypath, Vinashak or some other film he did with Sunil Shetty.

He was terrifying as a casteist landlord and rapist and killer in Lajja as well. 

Danny had powerful screen presence. He played villainous roles with perfection since he had the looks and charm for it, his dialogue delivery and voice modulation was top notch! Sanjay and Hrithik in Agneepath 2 looked like a joke as compared to their predecessors even though both played their roles with convictions. 

atominis thumbnail

Ranveer Singh in Padmavat as the tyrant Khilji was outstanding. Both Deepika and Shahid looked so feeka in comparison!

Padmavat is a Ranveer film. Period. He owned the promos itself. And he's never looked hotter, more manly and menacing as he did in that film. Totally ruthless pervert.

Easily the best villainous act by a mainstream lead hero in recent 2 decades.

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Padmavat is a Ranveer film. Period. He owned the promos itself. And he's never looked hotter, more manly and menacing as he did in that film. Totally ruthless pervert.

Easily the best villainous act by a mainstream lead hero in recent 2 decades.

IKR. Shahid looked like a chooza in front of him. 

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Will watch, Natkhat 😊...already noted.

And what about female antagonists...strong ones...

In recent movies i haven't seen very strong female antagonists.. I've heard about Tabu in andhadhun but i haven't watched that movie. Tabu in Bhool Bhulaiya 2 was also good.

Kajol in Gupt was good.. she definitely overshadowed Manisha. Similarly Priyanka overshadowed Kareena in Aitraz.

I would include Kangana in Krishh and Fashion too as strong antagonist... She gave a good competition to Priyanka 👌

But the ones that were so good that I really hated seeing them on-screen were Lalita Pawar, Shashikala and Bindu from the older movies. They were pure evil on-screen ðŸ˜†

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

"I believe solid villains, antagonists and well written character actors elevate a film and are a worthy challenge or support to hero and heroine."

I believe the same, atominis.

Most of the movies/villains you've mentioned, I know. I've watched some Kabir Bedi movies, but not the two you mentioned.

Lalita, I have watched several times but at the moment only remember Anari...

infinity101 thumbnail

The guy who played the antagonist in Mardaani 2 gave me nightmares! He was as brilliant as Rani if not more or less.

Edited by infinity101 - a year ago
atominis thumbnail

Finally someone said it. New Agneepath was a joke. I could not even complete it. Old one was kickass thanks to Amitabh, Danny and solid dialogues by Kader Khan which are still relevant and iconic.

Danny has great screen presence, superb command over lanfuage, clear diction, pronunciation, voice modulation. That makes him totally effective as a villain.

He should have gotten better work IMO.

He also did not get as many awards and media coverage as he deserved.

atominis thumbnail

Shahid looked like a wimp in front of Ranveer in that one and RS looked like he would eat Shahid alive.

Shahid was the weakest link of that film. Weak in every sense be it physically, in terms of dialogues and characterisation.

RS even overshadowed Deepika, who, IMO, did not even look that beautiful in the film nor got the Rajasthani accent or look correct.

RS single handedly saved an otherwise slow, patchy and boring film like Padmavat.

atominis thumbnail

The kid who played the antagonist in Mardaani 2 gave me nightmares! He was as brilliant as Rani if not more or less.

That is Vishal Jethwa. He was solid as antagonist in Maharana Pratap serial too.

He totally killed it as serial rapist and killer in Mardaani 2.

He has that look and his light, piercing eyes make him even more menacing.