Where are the itv Love Stories?

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 months ago

I have been an ardent fan of all the og love stories, be it IPKKND, Dil Mil Gaye, as recent as Ishqbaaz. But what's wrong with the serials now a days?

What's with this same  EMA, 2 sisters loving one guy storyline being recycled everywhere.

Tried really hard, hope against hope for Sahan to be something they aren't meant to be I guess. 

What was that precap? Why do we need to go through the torture of weeks and weeks, just to see one good scene.

Even the Pak drama Tere Bin was such a disappointment. Butchered such good character arcs (which were definitely very flawed to begin with). Who would want to watch redemption after you make the audience feel so miserable with such precaps.

That's it. Better watch some  k drama with an happy ending 🫣

Sincerely,

A disappointed fan of romcoms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anons4 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Gags05

I have been an ardent fan of all the og love stories, be it IPKKND, Dil Mil Gaye, as recent as Ishqbaaz. But what's wrong with the serials now a days?

What's with this same  EMA, 2 sisters loving one guy storyline being recycled everywhere.

Tried really hard, hope against hope for Sahan to be something they aren't meant to be I guess. 

What was that precap? Why do we need to go through the torture of weeks and weeks, just to see one good scene.

Even the Pak drama Tere Bin was such a disappointment. Butchered such good character arcs (which were definitely very flawed to begin with). Who would want to watch redemption after you make the audience feel so miserable with such precaps.

That's it. Better watch some  k drama with an happy ending 🫣

Sincerely,

A disappointed fan of romcoms

Yeah my thoughts too.. I came back to itv coz of channa mereya and wo to hai albela shows.. 

I started tmd coz it gave me vibes of channa mereya but it bas been disappointing experience..

Terebin atleast had that much pull that after the recent promo they got backlash.. it had that outreach.. indian shows these days are just recycling uttran in many diff ways .. thT was the first show I saw with this arch of 2 sis behind one guy...

Every other show is about this I understand from posts on this forum..

Bollywood ke tarah ye log bhi remakes hi bana rahe .. but itv is making bad remakes

Edited by Anons4 - 11 months ago
Gags05 thumbnail

Same here. Channa Mereya was good, and just when the story really started getting interesting, it went off air. This means, the trp audience is also not liking shows without mirch masala and all the nonsense, so in turn we also get what brings ratings..

Dont even want to get started with the Bhagya series on Zee tv. Used to only see scenes of Shraddha Arya and Dheeraj Dhoopar cos the actors chemistry was too good, but Oh God, the stretch across episodes to show one day in their daily routine.🤭

hellodona thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Never really a fan of itv romcoms because the hero is usually toxic but Angad is a different level altogether. Hazaar toxic mls ko maarke issko paida kiya Vankar ne. Took such a strong cast and made kachra. 

I think Viren Jeevika were a perfect itv pair, very lovely. Ishaan Suhana, Naitik Akshara too. It has been ages since we got a decent male lead and now all of them are playing 2 timers, at least few years back the male lead was shown loyal to one woman. Now they are playing ping pong between sisters and sister in laws. 

Gags05 thumbnail

I remember in one of the interviews recently Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani did say, that almost every series for past 10 years is using the same template of IPKKND with an akdu ML and a chulbuli FL, but the major difference is that ASR realised his wrongdoings and felt guilty, infact he rarely ill treated khushi even when he wanted to. But Angad.... Well, let's just say, its tough to root for him, even after so many episodes.

(On a different note, if anyone wants to watch a simple light hearted romcom, do watch Fairy Tale on YT. Its a 30 episode Pak drama, you wont be disappointed)

Regarding Viren Jeevika, and Og Akshara Naitik, agreed with you, even Good arrange marriage cum love marriage stories with simple characters have fetched ratings in the past, so why to go to this route of such sad storylines.

Anons4 thumbnail

I remember in one of the interviews recently Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani did say, that almost every series for past 10 years is using the same template of IPKKND with an akdu ML and a chulbuli FL, but the major difference is that ASR realised his wrongdoings and felt guilty, infact he rarely ill treated khushi even when he wanted to. But Angad.... Well, let's just say, its tough to root for him, even after so many episodes.

(On a different note, if anyone wants to watch a simple light hearted romcom, do watch Fairy Tale on YT. Its a 30 episode Pak drama, you wont be disappointed)

Regarding Viren Jeevika, and Og Akshara Naitik, agreed with you, even Good arrange marriage cum love marriage stories with simple characters have fetched ratings in the past, so why to go to this route of such sad storylines.

Fairy Tale dekha jayega...

The only itv show in my list is TMD and I am going to step away from it now.. 

Rooting for angad yes as male lead difficult hai especially when he threw money at sahs face saying you wanna reach my bedroom.. Garry ko bhi same scene diya.. 

The cvs are repeating scenes also in their own show.. ye dikhata inka level of dedication to make a show that is hit. ..

Gaatchora ko hi as is follow karte.. to that was also trp making content..usme bhi tha masala that was added by dyuti and Rahul.. 

But idhar to alag level dikha diya.. 

Cannot let go anymore now.. I am tired of hoping for sahan scenes and getting to read about anagad putting ring on seerat .. what is that.. 

After waiting for a long time you get some scenes of sahan which now a days feels like are not contributing to main story at all.. so that also feels useless and forced... 

hellodona thumbnail

Yeah I hated Gul for ipkknd because its popularity  got the template of hero abusing heroine like crazy in guise of personality and misunderstanding. People were losing it yesterday because Sahiba raised her voice at the man that has been endlessly abusing her. If they show woman misunderstanding and doing even 1/10th of the stuff these mls do, ppl will call them vamps.

Pre that we had Suhana ishaan , viren jeevika kind of stories. 

But ab soch rahi Gul waale hero hi thik the. Vankar ke toh aur gaye guzre hain.

Ab trend is hero abusing heroine and sleeping with bhabi/saali (for Angad it is 2 in one)

Gags05 thumbnail

I also liked Shaheer Sheikh's portrayal of a guy balancing his mother and the love interest in "Yeh rishte hain Pyaar Ke" 

What ever happened in the end, at least in the beginning, some of the scenes really had good progressive dialogues, and his acting justified that. And uppar se banda hai toh dashing 😁

hellodona thumbnail

I also liked Shaheer Sheikh's portrayal of a guy balancing his mother and the love interest in "Yeh rishte hain Pyaar Ke" 

What ever happened in the end, at least in the beginning, some of the scenes really had good progressive dialogues, and his acting justified that. And uppar se banda hai toh dashing 😁

Rajan Shahi /Shaheer both don't sign up for hutiya roles. Show lasts for more than 300 episodes then all characters get butchered chasing trp but starting 200 episodes are usually nice. 

Idhar toh start se abuse, ab ema. Bas hum dekhne kya aaye the, Sahiba ka dukh dard? 

Anons4 thumbnail

Pata nai yar .. my hopes are really down about this.. 

Saheer and rajans ye rishte hai pyar ke yes.. that was good before pandemic happened uske baad show ko wo nai raha jo pehele tha..

Sheers current show wo to hai albela was also good until Rashmi was changed horribly so much as killing her own sister..

But I think that is also better than 2 sisters fighting over same guy.. 

I was hopeful until I read about that precap . But now I don't think I want to watch is regularly.. isko bhi yrrkh types karna hoga.. sometimes check what track is on going is it something that I Wana watch else chuck it.. 

And kitna bhi hum soche ke precap and promos are misleading ..  this PH is hell bent on rubbing a few things on audiences.. 

Pak dramas are regressive too but don't last very long .. plus some aspects they show are very good .. k and c dramas are definitely good watch .. more happy tone to it as I hear from my friends.. ye indian soaps hi pata nai kyun .. drama ya supernatural ya devotional shows me oscillate karte rehte.. no wonder webseries are much preferred these days...

Tv shows are like that background music jo chalaya jata hai with low volume ... side me apna kaam karte rahe..