Permissions for ATs and other Threads

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Here is an invitation to all music lovers --

Please feel free to create ATs (Appreciation Threads) Music/Book Reviews of albums and Commemorative threads for singers/artists that you all admire & follow. Please remember that you've to inform/ seek permission from the MC Forum DT member, prior to open the above-mentioned threads.

After creating the AT or any above-mentioned thread, kindly post the link here so that other users can select the ATs or other threads of different singers. 

Add the IF COC rules link in the introductory post in your every AT, Music/Book Reviews of albums and Commemorative threads, which you open. 

Here is the new IF COC/Rules stated by our site admin, Vijay.

India-Forums.com- Participation Guidelines & Rules 

MC DT

Edited by Viswasruti - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Unable to tag --Kjasoos 

-------------  

Edited by Viswasruti - 15 days ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

This is to have separate threads for each singer and we can seek permission to make an AT? 

Or this thread is where we appreciate the singers?

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

This is to have separate threads for each singer and we can seek permission to make an AT? 

Or this thread is where we appreciate the singers?

Make separate threads, like--  

Shreya Ghoshal Appreciation Thread...Asha AT etc

Edited by Viswasruti - 15 days ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Make separate threads, like--  

Shreya Ghoshal Appreciation Thread...Asha AT etc

so this is the permission thread! Cool :) ❤️

Viswasruti thumbnail

ATs opened so far

✨ One Direction AT ✨  dhun.laagi

Beatles' Fields Forever (The Beatles AT)  - DreamofEndless

Imagine Dragons AT - DreamofEndless

Meri Awaaz Suno ||Mohammad Rafi AT|| - LizzieBennet

Ṭhāyī Ṭhāyī Kele Snehī || Sudhir Phadke AT || - BrhannadaArmour

Edited by LizzieBennet - 10 months ago
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Permission granted to --- 

1   ✨Demi Lovato AT ✨   dhun.laagi

2   ✨ One Direction AT ✨  dhun.laagi

3   ✨ Selena Gomez AT ✨  dhun.laagi

Sincere Apologies, did not realise my post got left in drafts yesterday night. 

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

On what basis would permission be granted or denied?

If someone starts a Singer Appreciation Thread without permission, what problem would the DT have?

Threads don't have links until they're created. How are we supposed to include a link while asking for permission to create it?

The latest forum guidelines are visible next to the Quick Reply field. What is the point of including a link to guidelines from 9 years ago?

Suppose I want to start a Sudhir Phadke Appreciation Thread or a Kankana Banerjee Appreciation Thread. What commitments would you expect from me? How often do I have to post? Am I supposed to tag lots of people or exclude Newbies just to be mean to them? Do I have to monitor who is posting what?

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

If someone starts a Singer Appreciation Thread without permission, what problem would the DT have?

Threads don't have links until they're created. How are we supposed to include a link while asking for permission to create it?

The latest forum guidelines are visible next to the Quick Reply field. What is the point of including a link to guidelines from 9 years ago?

Suppose I want to start a Sudhir Phadke Appreciation Thread or a Kankana Banerjee Appreciation Thread. What commitments would you expect from me? How often do I have to post? Am I supposed to tag lots of people or exclude Newbies just to be mean to them? Do I have to monitor who is posting what?

Here are my replies to your questions---

There are no specifics for granting permission. We do not intend to deny permission to anyone, if the member is genuine and not merely spamming.  Having said that, if you would like to create an AT for a certain singer/musician, please post the details in this thread so that we can check that it hasn't previously been requested or that it doesn't already exist. Additionally, it verifies your claim to the aforementioned AT and notifies other users that they cannot open the same AT thread. 

Forums are hubs of group interactions and discussions. To ensure smooth sailing of these interactions, there are some guidelines that all Mods fervently adhere, in order to assure the seamless flow of these interactions.

We implement these permissions because they are essential for safeguarding our members against a range of risks and repercussions. The moderators are here to make sure that everyone has to get a fair chance to start ATs/ threads for the artists and singers they prefer without any issues or conflict of interest.  

Strictly speaking, the DT doesn't have any problem. Official ATs with proper permission, are governed by a specific set of rules and if/ when you seek permission, or in other words inform us of your intention to create one on the thread, we can enforce those rules in your thread. That tells us to deal with any reports on the thread keeping that rule framework in mind. They are termed as official ATs because they automatically come under the purview of the AT rules.

We would have no problem if you create an appreciation thread for the artist of your choice without seeking our permission. Just keep in mind that since it won't be an official AT and won't be subject to the AT guidelines, it will function as a regular thread. Additionally, your thread can not  be titled an Appreciation thread, it will need to be named something else to avoid confusion with an official AT. Also keep in mind that if another member does ask us permission to create an official AT on the same artist/ musician, we will not be able to deny them permission because even if your thread does exist, it’s not an official one.

You can inform us of your intention to open one and then update the link once you've received the go-ahead to do so, or we have acknowledged your post stating your intent.

The forum guidelines you are referring to (next to the quick reply button) are general guidelines for IF. As mentioned, ATs have a specific set of guidelines that we are still working on updating. Thank you for your patience while we do so. In the meantime, ATs will operate under the forum guidelines stated in the link posted.  

There is no expectation from us as such, nor any commitment needed from you. There are no restrictions on who you may tag or exclude from participating in your thread, just as there are none dictating how frequently you must post. You are free to tag whomever you desire. However, please bear in mind that the system will lock the topic if it is idle for longer than three months, and you will need to ask the moderators to unlock it if you want to restart it. 

Though no other commitment is required, you can keep the thread active by posting trivia/ anecdotes/  links  to videos/ audio of the artist in question & provide your reviews on their work, in addition to inviting members to join you in any discussion on their work. You will also be responsible for creating a new AT thread if it’s fast moving and completes 150 pages and keep the AT going (if it’s an official one). Inform the mods to lock the old thread and provide a link to the new one, so we can update it in the Archives thread. If you are unavailable or unable to, you can assign someone else to continue the AT on your behalf, but please let us know about the change. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 11 months ago
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I would like to start:

Ṭhāyī Ṭhāyī Kele Snehī - Sudhir Phadke AT

Edited to add link.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 11 months ago