Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forevermem thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

I totally agree with you. South Indian film industry seems to have more authentic and realistic movies compared to Bollywood. They focus on storytelling and character development rather than just flashy sets and item songs. I have seen some amazing performances from South Indian actors that were not only entertaining but also had a strong message to convey. Overall, I think the South Indian film industry is doing a great job in creating meaningful cinema.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: forevermem

I totally agree with you. South Indian film industry seems to have more authentic and realistic movies compared to Bollywood. They focus on storytelling and character development rather than just flashy sets and item songs. I have seen some amazing performances from South Indian actors that were not only entertaining but also had a strong message to convey. Overall, I think the South Indian film industry is doing a great job in creating meaningful cinema.

I meant the personal connections. Even if Karan Johar is cousins with Aditya and great friends with Kapoor siblings and every one, they don’t act like a family on camera 

JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I think her relationship with South actors come without all the baggage.  She has a long stormy history in BW and that comes with awkward relationships.  She doesn't have to worry about that with South actors.

Just compare her relationship with Mani vs SLB. The way SLB wanted her to work with Salman even after all he did to her.  I can't imagine Mani would ever disrespect her like that 

Edited by JodhaBai - 11 months ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: JodhaBai

I think her relationship with South actors come without all the baggage.  She has a long stormy history in BW and that comes with awkward relationships.  She doesn't have to worry about that with South actors.

Just compare her relationship with Mani vs SLB. The way SLB wanted her to work with Salman even after all he did to her.  I can't imagine Mani would ever disrespect her like that 

that could be plausible 

atominis thumbnail

Almost everyone who has worked in South or regional films finds it more comfortable compared to BW.

Amisha Patel once said South industry had lot more professionalism.

I have read Diljit speak against culture of BW also and media here.

I believe BW is too cliqueish, too elitist, is controlled by few elites and requires lot of sycophancy, compromises.

Most self respecting artistes, outsiders, self made stars, newcomers speak against work culture, ego issues, tantrums here. And it must hurt them that even after ego massage, they get rough end of the stick or are shunted out of industry.

South industry never removed Ash from projects unceremoniously the way Bollywood did. She is blamed for downfall of Abhishek also or Bachchans distant from Khans, K Jo ever since she married Abhishek. There is no such baggage or cold war in South. Why will she not feel more at home at a place where she is respected and gets meaty roles? 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

I think she is - Even Abhi too. 

Also the other actors too. 

atominis thumbnail

I find South stars more humble and less wannabe compared to BW ones.

I am not saying regional stars have no ego issues or scandals or affairs etc but they come across as far less megalomaniac, less wannabe, less dominating, less egoistic compared to bigwigs of BW.

Karan especially is a bitch. I remember how he made fun of Anushka Shetty's name Sweety in KWK in front of Bahubali team and made a face while pronouncing her name. Like what is wrong with Sweety eh? 

Loser.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

But TBH I don't know how comfortable they are with her. She is the BW star amongst them while they are true to the South industry image in being simple and nice. I mean you can tell that she's the one who is not fro South by her overall behaviour.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I find South stars more humble and less wannabe compared to BW ones.

that's the whole point I think.