Members' Introduction ||Let's get to know each other!||

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 12 months ago

Hello everyone!

This thread is for you to introduce yourself and let us know your musical tastes. Let all us music lovers get to know each other! 

Feel free to skip whatever categories you aren't comfortable sharing

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here):

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both:

Favourite Music Genres: 

Favourite Artists:

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: 

Tag some of your friends in your introduction post so our forum can grow and thrive! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Ok I'll start first:

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here): Liz/ Riya

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: Gemini, May 29

Favourite Music Genres: Retro Hindi, Retro & some contemporary Tamil, Carnatic classical and fusion, Retro pop/rock/folk/country, Western Classical (some), bhajans and spiritual - to name just a few genres. As you can see, my tastes are very eclectic 😳 & I keep discovering more genres and artists to love.

Favourite Artists: There are way too many to list so I'll keep this restricted to my top favorites. 

The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Cliff Richard, The Cranberries, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Simon & Garfunkel, ABBA, James, Air Supply,  Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Enya, Led Zeppelin, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Neil Diamond, The Carpenters, Gordon Lightfoot, Cat Stevens, John Denver, Tracy Chapman, Rafi, Lata, Talat Mahmood, Mannadey, Geeta Dutt, M.S. Subbulakshmi, L. Shankar, Lalgudi Jayaraman, U. Srinivas, Ilaiya Raja, A.R. Rahman (early years), Agam.. okay I'll stop here else I'll fill the whole page 😆

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself:  I'm lost without music! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here): Hinna

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: 12 March/Pisces

Favourite Music Genres: RnB, Hip hop

Favourite Artists: Atif Aslam, RFAK, Jubin Nautiyal, Ankit Tiwari, Armaan Malik, Sahir Ali Bagga, Wajih Faruki and many others

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: Very rarely listen to English music unless something really interests me. Mostly into Indian and Pakistani music. But I also like Spanish and Arabic tunes.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Favourite Artists: Atif Aslam, RFAK, Jubin Nautiyal, Ankit Tiwari, Armaan Malik, Sahir Ali Bagga, Wajih Faruki and many others

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: Very rarely listen to English music unless something really interests me. Mostly into Indian and Pakistani music. But I also like Spanish and Arabic tunes.

Hinna! 🤗

Feel free to share your favorite tunes in the sticky threads - we have several based on the genre of music you will be sharing. I guess most of your tastes will fit in the World Music thread. 

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here): Tiara

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: Scorpio

Favourite Music Genres: Rock, Pop (including K-pop), Metal, Classical: Indian and Western, Folk, Fusion, Rap. These are the broad categories. I also like the subgenres that are included in these genres (which is basically almost all kind of contemporary music. Except Jazz)

Favourite Artists: Porcupine Tree, Imagine Dragons, Beatles, (it’s better to list bands. Because the list would include more favorites🙈) Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Johannes Brahms, Manna Dey, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Pt. Ravishankar, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Blackalicious, Black Pink, Billie Ellish, Arijit Singh, Dan Reynolds, Pink Floyd, Alan Walker, Eagles, The Local Train, Euphoria, Indian Ocean, Parikrama, Hozier, Coldplay, TheFatRat, Taylor Swift, Lost Frequencies, The Scores, OneRepublic, Twenty One Pilots, Hans Zimmer, Evergrey, Alireza Jj, Zedbazi, John Williams, ok I’ll stop here 😆

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: I love music, all kinds of music. But I never remember the lyrics of the songs, even if I love them.

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here): Jasoos :)  

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: Hum apnee kundali khood banatey hain 😎 but if u really really really wanna know… all u got to do is ask 🤗

Favourite Music Genres: 
Everything 

Favourite Artists: 
Too many to list…. 

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself:  

Music is ma life :) …. smiley16.. hence above responses are way too much to list….

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 12 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Name : Neha

Favourite Music Genres: anything that vibes 🤌🤌

Favourite Artists: Queen, Wrabel, Lady Gaga, TS, Billie E, Hozier, Lizzo, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, P!ATD... Indian artists ki list kuch jyada hi lambi hai.. kinda all of them other than the rap ones 😆

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: Feel free to tag me in Amy song across genre or language... Sky ain't the limit 😳 just vibe ✨🤌

Edited by Satrangi_Curls - 11 months ago
Chir-Cute thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Name (or what you'd like us to call you here): Deepika/ Dee

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: June 10th/ Gemini

Favourite Music Genres: Nothing in particular but definitely not a ROCK person! 

Favourite Artists: No favourites. 

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: My music preference depends on my mood, weather and/or my surrounding. I could love a song today and be meh about it the next day.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

Name (or what you'd like us to call you here): Deepika/ Dee

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: June 10th/ Gemini

Favourite Music Genres: Nothing in particular but definitely not a ROCK person! 

Favourite Artists: No favourites. 

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: My music preference depends on my mood, weather and/or my surrounding. I could love a song today and be meh about it the next day.

Deepu, are you also a Gemini? Geminis enjoy music, particularly melodic music. Gemini is a born performer and can effortlessly alter genres or styles, even in the middle of a song!!😃

This is an active and communicative sign, therefore lyrics come naturally to them!! They are also a magnet for drama, so there is an endless supply of stories! Geminis have an unrivalled capacity to turn a single brief discussion into a whole album or novel! 

Welcome to the symphony, where you may play a string and make it sing for all of us. ❤️

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Favorite genre in music for nahi bethata mujhe, film bethatha hai coz my album is filled with angsty songs with some romance🤣

Name (or what you'd like us to call you on here): oye_nakhrewaali

Birth date or Zodiac sign or both: ♌

Favourite Artists: Arjit, Arman, Sunidhi, Shreya, Shivam sengupta, darshan raval, namita Chaudhary, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Taylor Swift (on top of my head, i mostly listen for the mood, not the artist)

Anything else you'd like to share about yourself: Duniya mein aaye hai toh jeena hi padega, share karne ka kuch nahi ho toh chup rehna hi padega