Ponniyin Selvan 2 Crosses 150 crore in just 3 days.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 months ago

Haven't seen it yet. But overall verdict seems to be that PS2 is better than PS1. All the reviewers have got good things to say about Aish-Vikram chemistry and their love vs hate story. Some of the Tamil audience seem a bit annoyed that Mani Ratnam changed the ending as per history and not as per the original novel.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Haven't seen it yet. But overall verdict seems to be that PS2 is better than PS1. All the reviewers have got good things to say about Aish-Vikram chemistry and their love vs hate story. Some of the Tamil audience seem a bit annoyed that Mani Ratnam changed the ending as per history and not as per the original novel.

It is doing even better box office-wise. I saw people celebrating KKBKJ entering the 100 crore club after ten days. I thought why is no one celebrating Ponniyen Selvan that entered it in just 2 days. It is both a critical and commercial success. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aish-Vikram chemistry is the talk of the town and how they never ended as happy lovers onscreen, now I just pray they do a 3rd film together where Vikram lives and unites with Aish and lives happily, please GOD please 😭

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

Aish-Vikram chemistry is the talk of the town and how they never ended as happy lovers onscreen, now I just pray they do a 3rd film together where Vikram lives and unites with Aish and lives happily, please GOD please 😭

Going to go watch right now!

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Going to go watch right now!

Write a review once you are done.

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Oh wow..really--thanks for sharing👍🏼😊

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

~20% down for the weekend compared to the first one. I guess people weren't too fond of the first one, sequels usually tend to increase. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

It is doing even better box office-wise. I saw people celebrating KKBKJ entering the 100 crore club after ten days. I thought why is no one celebrating Ponniyen Selvan that entered it in just 2 days. It is both a critical and commercial success. 

🤣 WW with net domestic figures 

1 lang movie vs several llang movie 

anyway kkbkkj 1st weekend 1 language movie weekend 😊

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan Overseas And Worldwide Figures

Monday 24 April 2023 14.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Follow Us Twitter logo link

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan has collected 107 crore apprx worldwide over its first weekend with reasonable collections everywhere. The out performance in overseas is Gulf region which will be around $1.75 million while a near $1 million total in US / Canada is not bad for this type of film.

In Gulf it will easily become the second best performer post pandemic after Pathaan thanks to Eid. The contribution from Gulf, North America, United Kingdom and Australia is around $3.25 million.

A film like Sooryavanshi which was a bigger film collected 117 crore in its opening weekend while the last Salman Khan release which was Dabangg 3 before the pandemic did 115 crore.There are four filsm with a worldwide 100 crore weekend and those are Sooryavanshi, Brahmastra, Pathaan and now Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Jaan. This mark was a given before the pandemic especially for holiday releases but that is not the case any more.  The worldwide collections of Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan (Hindi)  are as follows.

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan

India - 75.25 crore (62.25 crore nett)

Overseas - 31.50 crore ($3.75 million)

TOTAL- 106.75 crore apprx

Edited by Mai.NePyarKiya - 12 months ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mai.NePyarKiya

🤣 WW with net domestic figures 

1 lang movie vs several llang movie 

anyway kkbkkj 1st weekend 1 language movie weekend 😊

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan Overseas And Worldwide Figures

Monday 24 April 2023 14.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Follow Us Twitter logo link

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan has collected 107 crore apprx worldwide over its first weekend with reasonable collections everywhere. The out performance in overseas is Gulf region which will be around $1.75 million while a near $1 million total in US / Canada is not bad for this type of film.

In Gulf it will easily become the second best performer post pandemic after Pathaan thanks to Eid. The contribution from Gulf, North America, United Kingdom and Australia is around $3.25 million.

A film like Sooryavanshi which was a bigger film collected 117 crore in its opening weekend while the last Salman Khan release which was Dabangg 3 before the pandemic did 115 crore.There are four filsm with a worldwide 100 crore weekend and those are Sooryavanshi, Brahmastra, Pathaan and now Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Jaan. This mark was a given before the pandemic especially for holiday releases but that is not the case any more.  The worldwide collections of Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan (Hindi)  are as follows.

Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan

India - 75.25 crore (62.25 crore nett)

Overseas - 31.50 crore ($3.75 million)

TOTAL- 106.75 crore apprx

Thnx for letting me know ponniyen selvan is at 150 crore! It beat KBKJ in 3 alone. 

hey I have more reasons to like Salman then I do Aish. Aish I enjoy watching onscreen because she is beautiful and I always thought she was underrated as an actress.

Salman has been nice to someone I love more than my life. Blood is thicker than water.

but facts are facts ! If people are celebrating one film why can’t they celebrate the other ?