Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Aman was a self-righteous prick, IMHO

He held back from expressing his love for Naina due to his own twisted thinking, thus denying her the right to choose what to do.

Maybe twisted is too strong a word, but self-righteous definitely.

Same with Katrina's character in Jab Tak Hain Jaan.

LOVE IS MORE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING, LESS ABOUT SACRIFICE.

May be he thought confessing to her would have made it kinda impossible for her to move on? I mean people do think like that, at least in movies ๐Ÿ˜† We do tend to become a little sacrificial for our loved ones but yeah trying to set them up with someone else is a big no. Rohit was a sweetheart, he loved Naina so much but she didnโ€™t love him back, at least not while Aman was around. But at least she got married to her best friend and not to a stranger. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Aman was sacrificng yes but there is a thin line between sacrificing and self-righteousness.

SELF-RIGHTEOUS (defintion) - Self-righteousness is the act of being smug or confident in one's own beliefs or actions, often to the point of being intolerant of others who may not share the same views.

Self-righteous people believe they have a monopoly on truth, instead of acknowledging the beauty of diverse perspectives and truths.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

The movie clearly states - at the very beginning - that Aman has the role of an angel.

Angels are there to help...they aren't meant to fall in love and live that love.

Without Aman's intervention Naina and Rohit would have lead a sad life, I guess, their friendship also suffering.

Rohit already loved Naina, but Naina focused too much on negative things in her life to see this love or even reciprocate it. She saw him as the immature young man he indeed still was.

So, what did Aman do? He gave Naina happy feelings (he wasn't allowed to reciprocate but could give them another aim - her friend Rohit - of which he knew that it would give her happiness in life).

What else did he do? He made Rohit more mature and caring but also open to show his loving self to Naina. I bet that their marriage was a loving one.

What else was Aman's task? Heal the family...which he did also, even giving two elder people the joy of loving affection.

...and besides all that, he made Naina's friend happy and Naina's friend's sister!

That isn't manipulation...that was why he was sent.

However, Aman is a human angel (it's not like in other angel movies - like e.g. the German Wings of desire and its U.S. remake City of Angels) who would have had the choice to live his love with Naina for a short time. That he does the sacrifice is his choice because he wants to live his love for Naina in future lives (with the hope to live it to the fullest).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

May be he thought confessing to her would have made it kinda impossible for her to move on? I mean people do think like that, at least in movies ๐Ÿ˜† We do tend to become a little sacrificial for our loved ones but yeah trying to set them up with someone else is a big no. Rohit was a sweetheart, he loved Naina so much but she didnโ€™t love him back, at least not while Aman was around. But at least she got married to her best friend and not to a stranger. 

The whole act stemmed from self-righteousness. 

Aman as self-righteous because of his tendency to be overly optimistic and his belief that he knows what is best for everyone. He often tries to solve other people's problems without taking their feelings and perspectives into account. For example, he pushes Naina to pursue her dreams of becoming a successful musician, even when she may not be ready or willing to do so.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

The movie clearly states - at the very beginning - that Aman has the role of an angel.

Angels are there to help...they aren't meant to fall in love and live that love.

Without Aman's intervention Naina and Rohit would have lead a sad life, I guess, their friendship also suffering.

Rohit already loved Naina, but Naina focused too much on negative things in her life to see this love or even reciproke it. She saw him as the immature young man he indeed still was.

So, what did Aman do? He gave Naina happy feelings (he wasn't allow to reciproke but could give them another aim - her friend Rohit - of which he knew that it would give her happiness in life).

What else did he do? He made Rohit more mature and caring but also open to show his loving self to Naina. I bet that their marriage was a loving one.

What else was Aman's task? Heal the family...which he did also, even giving two elder people the joy of loving affection.

...and besides all that, he made Naina's friend happy and Naina's friend's mother!

That isn't manipulation...that was why he was sent.

However, Aman is a human angel (it's not like in other angel movies - like e.g. the German Wings of desire and its U.S. remake City of Angels) who would have had the choice to live his love with Naina for a short time. That he does the sacrifice is his choice because he wants to live his love for Naina in future lives (with the hope to live it to the fullest).

I respect your perspective but I don't agree.

No human being is an angel, or can aspire to be one.

Maybe Aman had a heart of gold but he used the wrong methods IMO

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hello_kitta

So he could do her kanyadan before he is gone. 

Pyaardaan ๐Ÿ˜†

mintyblue thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotlWmATUJ4

This scene clearly shows he is no angel

He was dying to touch her, the girl he loved and he couldn't control kissing her

infinity101 thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotlWmATUJ4

This scene clearly shows he is no angel

He was dying to touch her, the girl he loved and he couldn't control kissing her

The only thing preventing him from committing to her was his illness otherwise I donโ€™t think he would have become a self sacrificial lamb for Rohit ๐Ÿ˜† He had a god like complex. I wanted to see both him and Naina together ๐Ÿ˜ญ

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

The only thing preventing him from committing to her was his illness otherwise I donโ€™t think he would have become a self sacrificial lamb for Rohit ๐Ÿ˜† He had a god like complex. I wanted to see both him and Naina together ๐Ÿ˜ญ

A God-like complex is a term used to describe an individual who possesses an inflated sense of self-importance, power, and control. It is often associated with narcissism and megalomania, where the individual believes they are superior to others and entitled to special treatment.

This complex can manifest in various ways, such as a desire for admiration, a need for constant attention and validation, or a tendency to manipulate others.

Individuals with a God-like complex may be charismatic and influential but can also be destructive if their behavior is unchecked. They may use their power to exploit others or engage in unethical behavior without any regard for the consequences. This type of behavior can have serious repercussions on personal relationships and society as a whole.

infinity101 thumbnail

A God-like complex is a term used to describe an individual who possesses an inflated sense of self-importance, power, and control. It is often associated with narcissism and megalomania, where the individual believes they are superior to others and entitled to special treatment.

This complex can manifest in various ways, such as a desire for admiration, a need for constant attention and validation, or a tendency to manipulate others.

Individuals with a God-like complex may be charismatic and influential but can also be destructive if their behavior is unchecked. They may use their power to exploit others or engage in unethical behavior without any regard for the consequences. This type of behavior can have serious repercussions on personal relationships and society as a whole.

Kya hua Mints? Aaj Aman pe itna dissection? ๐Ÿ˜†