Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Yrkkh v/s its contemporaries

verve thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Tho all hindi daily soaps are problematic or become so in the course of their infinite TRP bound run, I felt d need to convey my thoughts on this show. It's bcos inspite of what some might believe as a nonsensical track, imo Yrkkh did slightly better job in showing this 2nd separation track n foster parent trope than its contemporaries. 

Currently in all d chartbusters of Star Plus - Ghum, Anupamaa & Yrkkh are showing a similar track of biological vs foster parents. However, in Ghum Pakhi despite being shown as a good mother to Vinu will be easy to cast aside bcos of her past actions, present insecurity n long running jealousy for Sai. 

Similarly in Anupama, Maya is being portrayed as a bar dancer who entered KM in name of love for her abandoned daughter but is now eager to be a home breaker. Clearly here the sidecharacter-cum-parent are easily going to be ousted without getting an ounce of sympathy from d viewers.  

In this aspect Yrkkh has brought in a new story where Nav is established as a simple n good guy n Arohi is whitewashed (not so sure about her tho). I understand Abhira fans are unable to bear d separation but looking at it objectively this plotline offers fresh avenues and contains stronger social msg. It gives the cvs a chance to talk about rights of foster parents; the complexities of coparenting; addressing the consequences of raising a child in toxic/ ignorant/ competitive families (Abhi, Akshu, Manju, Parth, Anisha are all victims of this, now Abhir vs Roohi can provide a good contrast); the need of choosing peace and self respect over seasonal sachha pyaar wrapped in T&C; the importance of getting out of (borderline) abusive relationships; and the lesson of moving on and finding happiness in life.

The current track of Yrkkh has potential to explore all these provided they don't get amnesia n decide to go back on all this development in d hue and cry of TRP (probably hoping too much from ITV). 

For once if they can write something that's oriented to give society some valuable lessons n realistic take on relationships, rather than over the top drama, unrealistic expectations of romance & unhealthy glorification n whitewashing of mistakes n crimes in d name of sanskaar n familial bonds for pleasing d typical fanbase, this whole season would in a sense fulfill its purpose. 🙏

P.S. sorry for the rant.. just had to pen this down after reading the beautiful comments of blind Abhira shippers. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Sanju_9

ect Yrkkh has brought in a new story where Nav is established as a simple n good guy n Arohi is whitewashed (not so sure about her tho). I understand Abhira fans are unable to bear d separation but looking at it objectively this plotline offers fresh avenues and contains stronger social msg. It gives the cvs a chance to talk about rights of foster parents; the complexities of coparenting; addressing the consequences of raising a child in toxic/ ignorant/ competitive families (Abhi, Akshu, Manju, Parth, Anisha are all victims of this, now Abhir vs Roohi can provide a good contrast); the need of choosing peace and self respect over seasonal sachha pyaar wrapped in T&C; the importance of getting out of (borderline) abusive relationships; and the lesson of moving on and finding happiness in life.

The current track of Yrkkh has potential to explore all these provided they don't get amnesia n decide to go back on all this development in d hue and cry of TRP (probably hoping too much from ITV). 

For once if they can write something that's oriented to give society some valuable lessons n realistic take on relationships, rather than over the top drama, unrealistic expectations of romance & unhealthy glorification n whitewashing of mistakes n crimes in d name of sanskaar n familial bonds for pleasing d typical fanbase, this whole season would in a sense fulfill its purpose. 🙏

P.S. sorry for the rant.. just had to pen this down after reading the beautiful comments of blind Abhira shippers. 

💯💯💯💯 thx for saying it loud and clear.. 

Although dkp has been a little progressive about fls moving on from abusive relationships , they also show them going bk to the same again and again on some pretext or the other.. so I dunno it's progress or regress ..

What makes me happy is that they presented a contrast in the form of abhinav and anuj kapadia (in anupama) ..

High time the elders are called out (glad they did it through kairav) 👏 High time abhimNyu is called out ..claps to kairav and akshu , kuch toh bola...otherwise it makes my blood boil to hear dialogues such as "meri ma ke dard se bada aur kuch nahi mere liye " and "mere abhi ne apne bachon ko khoya Maine apne bete ki chita jalayi"..as if akshus importance was only as long she makes babies for them.🤢

Kacchakela21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Agreed. I have no issue with the way they have developed Akshara's post leap character and life. I just hope they make Abhimanyu introspect his behavior and be regretful of it.