Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ananya3129 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Also, ranveer saying mumma can;t speak properly about her food but diner can understand? Hain? Dusro ko jab "communicate" ka criticism deta h tab toh confused rehta h but mumma ka khana smz ajata h?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†Bro, others were at least speaking about what they added whereas mumma might still be semi-shocked that she's away from the balcony lol. Also, ranveer helped so obviously compliment toh dega. She should've been eliminated at this point. 

KDK needs to be eliminated right away. Her baristha were not cooked evenly too. She needs Alzheimer's medication first

Andakadipatta thumbnail

Ok so I had to watch today's episode because well Biriyani is my absolute weakness ๐Ÿ˜†

Was quite confused with a few things:

Aruna was making a type of South Indian Biryani. Ranveer asked what unique and different are you making with this Biryani, she said she is serving Salna and Ranveer said brilliant idea. Hain? Isn't Salna/Salan an absolute prerequisite while serving South Indian Biryani along  with raita? What is unique and brilliant abt serving Salna when it's actually a necessity? WTH? ๐Ÿ˜•

Shanta said she is making Kolkata Fish Biryani which is very famous in Kolkata. Hain? I'm from the city, Fish Biryani is not at all a famous biryani in Kolkata, it's always mutton or chicken. Nowadays people have started making prawn and hilsa biryani for style in the city and yes it is available but no way is it even a popular type of Kolkata Biryani. I think she meant she is using fish to make Kolkata style biryani like Nayan? Idk, kuch samajh nahi aaya.

Then Vikas comes to Shanta and tells her she is making Kolkata Biryani which is one of the most popular biryanis and it's a big responsibility to make it authentically and then goes ahead and asks what dip is she serving with the biryani? Hain? And she says she will serve raita. On one hand they are talking about authenticity and on the other serving raita with Kolkata Biryani? ๐Ÿ˜• No one serves raita or any dip with Kolkata Biryani. It's always eaten with chicken or mutton chaap which is a rich gravy preparation made of char magaj, poppy seeds and cashews. She could've made an easy egg chaap with the Biryani to make it authentic than using raita which no one eats in Kolkata - forget eating no one even serves raita in traditional Biryani places. The max you would get is some green salad ๐Ÿ˜†

Suvarna said she is making biryani using Suvarna special masala and went on to name all the ingredients that are used in every Awadhi dum biryani masala. And Garima also said Wow nice ๐Ÿคก matlab kya?

I wouldn't even touch Gurkirat's Biryani. What the hell is that. Paneer, Kabuli Chana and on top of that vegetables. Mere pet ko itna confuse nahi karna hai ๐Ÿ˜†

Pretty disappointing challenge and also shows how limited the contestants are when it comes to knowledge of food of their own country beyond their state. They are now in Top 6, it's about time they have knowledge about the food of rest of India. Shanta could've easily done a Memoni Biryani with the fish given that's what is used in that type of Biryani. Gurkirat got Paneer, he could've easily done a Karnataka style Donne Biryani - one of the easiest biryanis to cook in 90 minutes. KDK had chicken, what and all could she have done instead of the same old Makhani gravy you get at every Delhi store. This could've been a challenge where they could finally show the variety of Biryani in the country beyond the popular ones like Dum Biryani, Kolkata Biryani etc. But no, everybody had to play safe.

Andakadipatta thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

Garima didn't mention the origin of ugadi pachadi? ๐Ÿ˜‚  

She might still be getting nightmares of people throwing chena podas at her ๐Ÿ˜†

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

This type of biryani?God save me! Except suvarna rest dishes looking like any patient food๐Ÿ˜ตbimar hone par jo khichri khilate hein woh!

average-student thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Aruna's one looks the worst. She made khichdi out of Biryani ๐Ÿ˜†

this looks so bad like half eaten and then presented to chefs.the left part of banana leaf looks unclean๐Ÿคข

average-student thumbnail

visually nayan's plating looks most appealing 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Biryani challenge (obv, biased biryani advantage)--if kdk gave aruna non-veg, maybe ituu sa respect hota but biased and scripted show se aur kya hi expect kare? her mexican rice food was not worthy of getting that advantage...none of the dishes in fact deserved the advantage in any form whatsoever...

also, how is standard correlated to dryness of rice/biryani covered by the salna dip? Felt it was a stupid remark against a homecook whose plating and tasting standards are mediocre at this point...also, cooking with open hair, yet again...wah bhai wah...*slow caps*...hygiene ka standard elevate kardia aruna devi ne toh...lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ 

ranveer commenting on east meets south was rubbish when he was complimenting on a known dish where north meets south towards aruna ...huh? ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ bhai, stop confusing him...dish toh present hone doh...but overall, Nayan does look bit overwhelmed with prawns & biryani combo...lets see what he does...

Kdk's raita sounds boring cause pyaaz raita isn't innovative...even dum chicken biryani isn't something new lol

Gurki- fatichar kofta on bosch gas hobs at this point..he didn't add a binding agent? hain?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†..iska kuch na kuch toh hota rehta h lol...kab gas hobs toh kabhi oven ...๐Ÿ˜†his jodhpuri biryani looks tad bit different cause i haven't seen much of paneer fillings..but i'm bored of seeing him make paneer/cheese pakodas ๐Ÿ˜•Also, less of pakoads and more of rice...

Shanta-fortune oil promotionseems like mustard raita & fish biryani..still kinda confused as to what is she different with the authentic recipe...

swarna- i'm already edgy over hair issue..๐Ÿ˜•seems mixed due to amount of masala in the blender..apricot mutton biryani it is..i was confused so lets see whats the outcome..not impressed with cucumber raita though...

aruna- she didn't add masala to her biryani?๐Ÿ˜•it was confusing me...mehh might sound like a mediocre dish w/o the masala..

nayanjyoti- seemed like he has started picking up pace but still bit overwhelmed...

kinda surprised that homecooks weren't aware about the steam to avoid burning of the biryani (swarna)...

lol Kdk's roti was raw...even a novice can notice that lol... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ mumma ka rai ka pahad bangya lol..mumma giving punjabi food on platter forgot to cook the roti and thought of it as a lid harbari mein ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ 

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail

I still don't understand Gurki making Kabuli chana koftas when his main protein is Paneer. ๐ŸคฃKofte hi banane they toh paneer ke kofte bana dete yaar. It could've atleast been moist to eat. Also how is he making a biryani without ANY gravy? ๐Ÿคก

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

I still don't understand Gurki making Kabuli chana koftas when his main protein is Paneer. ๐ŸคฃKofte hi banane they toh paneer ke kofte bana dete yaar. It could've atleast been moist to eat. Also how is he making a biryani without ANY gravy? ๐Ÿคก

+1. Also, he's using his first batch of "tedhe medhe" paneer kofte which he thinks is fine when there's no freaking binding agent. 

Upar se backup mein bhi paneer padha h lol. Vikas was right, clearly waste of time. Plus layering mein kitna chawal dalega yeh banda?

Andakadipatta thumbnail

If it was about innovation, they could've done so many things. Make a bamboo shoot biryani on open flame and serve it in that, make a smoke infused jackfruit biryani and serve it with smoke coming out, use a spiced yoghurt foam instead of plain raita (still would look like thook to me ๐Ÿ˜†),  Gurki is making koftas, instead could've done an arancini styled biryani using paneer in the stuffing with biryani rice and deep fry and serve with a salan dip and so much more...