Lag Ja Gale

Disappointed

Posted: 1 years ago

I'm a bit bummed that the narrative of the show is pretty cliche.  Caught up with all episodes with a little bit of FFding.

Angry young man ML who hates everyone except his family whom he loves blindly including the ones that are bad hearted. 

He will be cruel to the FL but then suddenly show up to protect her as well. 

Family members of ML that are completely evil who are playing nice

Mahaan FL who tolerates all crap for the sake of her family members and the nice people in her family have no voice at all. they stand mute or simply apologize but cant rectify things. Her reasoning to tolerate  is because she feels guilty and indebted for various things.  so she will utaro her karz by tolerating blatant abuse. And even the reason to tolerate is pretty classic on ITV- orphaned, indebted for monetary favors or for saving life or something somebody did for her mother/father/sibling and not for her- but she will uthao the burden of feeling indebted. 

I was hoping things would be a little different but its all same old wine in new bottle. I love Namik and so was interested in seeing  and the FL- I havent seen her work but she seems solid too in terms of doing whats needed of her. But the spark of something special plot wise, chemistry wise is missing. 

The whole ML hates FL and will be downright cruel and then himself show up as saviour is a little too ghisa pita. 

And then the standard trope of a forced marriage due to MU for the sake of others where ML hates FL, accuses her of either being gold digger or some other nonsense and eventually sees that she is mahaan. 

I am not sure how much Namik can keep me hooked to this. 

Does anyone know if  this an original show or remake of something?

I hope they can infuse some freshness in the plot. Otherwise Namik alone wont be enough reason to watch. 

I am really disappointed. Namik look stunning. he's acting well with whatever material is given but plot is very blah thus far....nothing exciting or new. 

Edited by Nja91 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Hey! First of all I absolutely agree to your post. Fans on social media dissect the leads acting/looks but no one talks about how sub par the story is. Sandiip Sickand is too arrogant to accept this but the actors are great, have chemistry and all but the story is too cliche and tried & tested. They need to play with the narrative. Have more innovative & crispier screenplay and work on lighting/editing /costumes. 

To ans your question, yes this is Gatimella remake. Plus what i got from some bts interviews, Tanisha said there will be some past link b/w Shiv & Ishani’s fams. (Which wasnt in Gatimella)

So in Gatimella the ML & FL agree to get married w/o their will for the sake of their siblings marriage but that marriage (lead’s marriage) never happens till quite late. The guy’s mom doesnt want her younger son (Yash here) to marry daughter of a greedy /poor family (Pooja here). So she keeps a condition that younger son can get married only when elder son will get married which she knows wont happen bcoz elder son is against marriage. But he (Shiv here) surprises her by sacrificing for his younger brother and agreeing to get married. The girl he chooses is the FL because it’s a fake marriage deal they get into. They think by faking a courtship they will be able to get their siblings married and then back off. But during the process the FL falls in love and expresses her emotions . The ML who is against marriage setup (and also has a past) reprimands her for violating the deal and announces breakup with her and decided to announce engagement with another girl( From a 3rd third family that will be introduced here too). The girl is shattered but during the courtship with another girl the guy realizes he too loves the FL and now it’s complicated as he is engaged to someone else (vamp) They finally confess much later & get married post epi 350.

This was basic Gatimella plot which is playing here too. But here we also have the angle of past. Some connection b/w Shiv’s brother’s kidnapping and Ishani’s mom may be. So we ll have to see how this plays out.

I personally like Gatimella story much better. They should def keep that and interplay the past angle with it. (Which seems like the case because the 3rd family is soon gonna enter as per articles) Dont want leads marriage so soon. Some romance, bond building is v imp. Engagement can be done to keep up the hype. 

Edited by _symphony - 1 years ago

oh dear....honestly I am not liking the story of the original that you have narrated :( If this version follows that story then even more so, I guess I should stop watching:( I  love Namik but I have been burned by getting attached to shows, jodi's which show any amount of regressive and immoral stuff. Hindi shows always go overboard with the negative stuff :(

I am really tired of this sacrificing FL that too- for people who dont deserve it, and ML who is involved with more than one woman. 

Namik and Tanisha look good as a jodi. but i dunno if I should invest time in this. 

Edited by Nja91 - 1 years ago
Lakshs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I don’t think it is a remake of gattimela. Gatimela, I really liked but has some storyline from ipkknd except that there are 4 girls one side. No bua no mami 

it is done very well though. 

In this the fl lead does not have the attitude of the fl from gattimela. There the fam likes amulya and gattimela is funny. 

This is turning to be a same old same old story like many other stories that have just started in star plus and zee. 

Edited by Lakshs - 1 years ago

Some scenes are really good but overall it seems really repetitive and not fresh as a show .

I loved the recent scene of the face off between Shiv and ishani regarding her cooking for theur guests and how both their alter egos/mind voices are telling them not to snap and be patient. It was done well. 

And the way Ishani bargained the price to ensure she gets 5 lacs. 

That was also cute.

When i see such scenes i get interested but then otherwise its very blah.... 

I really wish they can deviate at some point from this mahaan FL and Angry young man ML who have to compromise to focus on better subplots. Like ok, larger theme is this but i wanna see more cute scenes done differently which hasn't been seen before.