Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

I actually agree with this but not Bunty aur Babli. I think Band Baja Baarat was the one that opened the door to small town India, otherwise prior to 2010 it was all about foreign locations and all that 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Bunty Babli made small town india cool ?

I could’ve sworn that was Bhai with Dabangg. Quite frankly before that everyone thought shooting desi films in USA/UK was all the rage

Bunty Babli 🤔 

Any other anomalies in the series ? 

Did they really say that?

The small time chaska definitely started from Dabangg.

YRF made Switzerland and NRIs cool 😆

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I actually agree with this but not Bunty aur Babli. I think Band Baja Baarat was the one that opened the door to small town India, otherwise prior to 2010 it was all about foreign locations and all that 

BBB is set in Delhi. It's not a small town by any means, heck it's the capital. Not showing foreign locations does not mean the movie's set in a small town. BBB just happened to be closer to reality, it showcased middle class story. I feel like people here are confusing middle class stories to be small town india. A Shruti Kakkar in Janakpuri is still a city kid, doesn't matter if it's Chandni Chowk or South Delhi. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

This was a desperate attempt to guilt viewers into thinking that Bollywood is great. 

This was the whole point of the documentary. Loads of self congratulations 😆

I'd say Bollywood at one point was indeed great but documentary is desperately trying to maintain the illusion of greatness when Bollywood keeps falling flat on its face. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ohophelia

This was the whole point of the documentary. Loads of self congratulations 😆

I'd say Bollywood at one point was indeed great but documentary is desperately trying to maintain the illusion of greatness when Bollywood keeps falling flat on its face. 

Exactly my point. 

So a natural course would be - south movies are working. BW directors and producers, self reflect and hire better writers. Focus on making a better product in the competitive age of OTT and other platforms. 

But naah. BW goes and makes a documentary to tell us, they are great and we don’t get them. 😆

the constant emphasis on the word - Hindi Cinema, was hilarious. 

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 1 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ohophelia

BBB is set in Delhi. It's not a small town by any means, heck it's the capital. Not showing foreign locations does not mean the movie's set in a small town. BBB just happened to be closer to reality, it showcased middle class story. I feel like people here are confusing middle class stories to be small town india. A Shruti Kakkar in Janakpuri is still a city kid, doesn't matter if it's Chandni Chowk or South Delhi. 

Nobody cares and it doesn’t matter, The film still gave the impression of small town India. Nobody looks into things that deeply. Especially for those outside of India. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nobody cares and it doesn’t matter, The film still gave the impression of small town India. Nobody looks into things that deeply. Especially for those outside of India. 

But we, the theatre-going Indian public who decide the fate of a movie do care. Middle class urban India is a long way from middle class rural India. For the longest time Bollywood movies have tried to be generic without being rooted in a town, caste or culture. It's a weakness which is being exploited by the Southern Industries, all of which are very rooted in their particular state and culture.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Did they really say that?

The small time chaska definitely started from Dabangg.

YRF made Switzerland and NRIs cool 😆

@totally! I mean the Sardi ki waadiyaan mein heroine dancing in saree while hero has 64262 sweaters (which was in ADHM) was all them, wasn't it?

Sahi waala credit lo Naa, ismein kya burai hai, Switzerland ka tourism aapke chakkar mein badha😂

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Don't shrug off by writing nobody cares. A clear lack of knowledge from your side. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

At one point they were boasting about the fact that Adi made kajol wear a silk saree instead of a siphon saree which Yaha Chopra didn’t agree at first 

I was like wow, how creative 😒🤪🤣