The Romantics Discussion Thread (Reviews, Etc.)

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG0f2RKizY

The 4 Part Documentary releases tomorrow 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Can it be pinned for some time ?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Yash and Adi Chopra careers as directors and also YRF as a studio 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

The Romantics have started (just about 15 minutes) 😊

https://twitter.com/iamanjali16/status/1625405875648360448

Clochette thumbnail

Ha! I already like the first minutes 😃...what do they say when preparing for the interview...I LOVE those kind of takes ❤️

Clochette thumbnail

Binge watched the 4-part documentary...and took my time rejoicing in many many moments shown, told by film people and the way this documentary was structured.

The highlight - not only for me - was Aditya narrating, explaining and reasoning in front of the camera (in the vaste YRF office).

The docu is about the vision of two men: Yashji and his eldest son Aditya. But it is also about so much more...it is about the changing Hindi filmindustry (almost none of the interviewed people like the term "Bollywood" ❤️) from the late 50ies when Yashji first worked in his elder brother's production company to the present when Aditya involves other filmmakers into the YRF production process and Uday helming the US based YRF Entertainment branch.

Three generations of filmpeople are interviewed and give a lot of insight into the evolution from Yashji as a payed employee of his brother to the founder of YRF studios and the process of Aditya from a film-addicted youngster to a skilled director and then producer with DDLJ as a turning point (in more than one way).

Like Yashji working as a filmmaker who values heart over economic also the documentary is - in an extremely touching way - a love story : about the man, about Hindi Cinema, about making movies, about working in the movies.

The first minutes introduce almost all the interviewed ones in a way that makes you smile...

I think, the docu was filmed in 2019 already (and certainly thought for either 2020 or 2021) but I'm so, so happy that it came after Pathaan's success as a Valentine gift.

(There is one moment when SRK says that he will meet Aditya after the interview to remind him of the not-yet-fulfilled promise he made during the shooting of Darr.)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Thanks for your review