Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Salutethearmy

Yes it is true. I had tears in my eyes after watching Mission Manju on Netflix because my distant relatives served in the army and their acts of bravery were not classified.

This movie is a tribute to Pakistan.

Disappointed with any Indian National who is promoting this movie after knowing or after seeing it. Ek bar to phir maan lo ki srk fan hone ke chakkar mai dekhli. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Before going through all the pages and posts that I haven't read yet (yesterday long ride from Geneva to Germany, then watching Pathaan in the evening and finally back home to enjoy some joy here), I want to post this review with spoilers as I like how the reviewer sees the meta level of the movie (I posted a non-spoiler review in the other Pathaan thread, too):

https://dontcallitbollywood.com/2023/01/25/pathaan-review-spoilers-an-elderly-humanist-action-hero-who-is-also-sexy/

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Disappointed with any Indian National who is promoting this movie after knowing or after seeing it. Ek bar to phir maan lo ki srk fan hone ke chakkar mai dekhli. 

Well, you can be "disappointed" as much as you want (did you even have an accurate insight into the movie by yourself???)... and maybe, even nationalists love a bit of over-the-top action from time to time...

https://twitter.com/ChetanJesani9/status/1618305637099921414

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I saw it

I have VERY mixed feelings

The things I liked were srk (I still don’t like the long hair on him …the few shots he had with shorter hair were hawt af and he did very well in the action sequences)

Salmans cameo (cute), 

references to kabir from war, the idea to build it out as a spy universe ….it’s a nice idea and will work brilliantly if invested in …some action pieces were well done (like srks intro) and the fights in the den thingy towards the end …I liked dimple kapadia in her role too….

Things that didn’t work for me were the music, background score , some cringe dialogues and cringe comedy in some bits (boobles? …srk comeon 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ also right after an explosion on the train Salman says he’s having a blast..🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️) 

Some badly done action sequences (didn’t like the flying jet one in the end, the extremely tacky heist with deepika in Moscow)….while the action combat was well choreographed for most part, the visuals I felt were below par…looked very green screenish and obvious ….

The humor didn’t work except for a few one liners with Salman …

The bgm could have been sooo much better ….like war had amazing bgm for eg hrithiks entry and ghunghroo was so catchy…..here u keep hearing “na na na na na na” whenever John shows up….and that’s the only bgm I remember lol ….this needed its own catchy theme like top gun or bond movies ….

I’m kinda neutral on John and deepika….I didn’t think they were amazing …but they weren’t horrible either ….ok ok types …..

Deepikas double agent act felt very abbas mustanish in its twists ….im with u…. No I’m bad…no I’m with u ….uggh lol…

Every penny that this movie earns is courtesy srk….the rest didn’t measure up imo

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

As a character , Don >> Pathan . The anti-hero suits SRK more than the pure traditional hero. 

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

As a character , Don >> Pathan . The anti-hero suits SRK more than the pure traditional hero. 

I agree. as a charachter SRK's Don is my favorite of all time, wish they make the 3rd in the franchise

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Can any good Samaritan who has seen the film confirm about the following, asking for a friend.

An Indian RAW agent goes berserk when Indian govt doesn't help him. So he decides to take revenge & attack India. Pathaan, with the help of Pakistan ISI, stops this Paramvir Chakra awardee Indian agent from attacking India. 

Indian Army doesn't rescue it's injured soldiers. They are left to lie in a coma indefinitely in a remote Afghan village 

Indian Secret Service drivers are as blind as AK Hangal in Sholay. They can't spot a buff 6-foot-plus guy holding a giant rocket launcher on a sunny day in Dubai on a road with no traffic until he's like 20 feet directly in front of them

Highly-experienced buff ex-military mercenaries never get a chance to fire their guns. They can be easily disarmed & thrown around by a skinny chick who's at least 5 weight classes below them

Are all these true?

An Indian RAW agent goes berserk when Indian govt doesn't help him. So he decides to take revenge & attack India. Pathaan, with the help of Pakistan ISI, stops this Paramvir Chakra awardee Indian agent from attacking India. 

They didnt help him and let his wife and unborn child die infront of his eyes. hence why he goes 'berserk'

Indian Army doesn't rescue it's injured soldiers. They are left to lie in a coma indefinitely in a remote Afghan village 

Indian army doesn't negotiate with terrorists. which is the message in the film and reason for John's revenge

Indian Secret Service drivers are as blind as AK Hangal in Sholay. They can't spot a buff 6-foot-plus guy holding a giant rocket launcher on a sunny day in Dubai on a road with no traffic until he's like 20 feet directly in front of them

it's a movie yaar, ridiculous scenes happen in every movie. IE salman stopping a train with his jacket in Ek Tha Tiger

Highly-experienced buff ex-military mercenaries never get a chance to fire their guns. They can be easily disarmed & thrown around by a skinny chick who's at least 5 weight classes below them

again, it's a movie. and even in real life size doesn't matter. you'd know that if you ever trained in real life or watched boxing/ufc or other combat sports.

Edited by Stone-Cold - 1 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

They didnt help him and let his wife and unborn child die infront of his eyes. hence why he goes 'berserk'

Indian army doesn't negotiate with terrorists. which is the message in the film and reason for John's revenge

it's a movie yaar, ridiculous scenes happen in every movie. IE salman stopping a train with his jacket in Ek Tha Tiger

again, it's a movie. and even in real life size doesn't matter. you'd know that if you ever trained in real life or watched boxing/ufc or other combat sports.

So in nutshell you are saying its a fictional movie and let it go itna creative liberty chalta hai. Tell me one thing which SRK and Salman movie they have used similar fictional or creative liberty to show Pakistan in bad light like they show India, Indian RAW agency, Indian army etc. 

Abhi to mein religion discuss hi nahi kr rha.

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Errr… Pathan movie begins with showing Pak army, govt AND isi as the main villains…

Hope this helps.

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

So in nutshell you are saying its a fictional movie and let it go itna creative liberty chalta hai. Tell me one thing which SRK and Salman movie they have used similar fictional or creative liberty to show Pakistan in bad light like they show India, Indian RAW agency, Indian army etc. 

Abhi to mein religion discuss hi nahi kr rha.

Actually, RAW, NSA, Security agencies, Army, Navy, BSF everyone should go rouge. We will see how our neighbours help us.Indian are enjoying freedom today  because apart from everyone who fought for Independance, our armed forces work effortlessly to protect us.

Edited by Salutethearmy - 1 years ago