Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

i liked Sidharth Anand's salaam namaste, tara rumpum, bang bang, bachna ae haseeno, Anjaana Anjaani but i dont like war n pathaan much

All those rom-coms you mentioned were very enjoyable when I watched them. But very superficial. Strictly one-time watch.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

All those rom-coms you mentioned were very enjoyable when I watched them. But very superficial. Strictly one-time watch.

I like it when a director explores different genres...until now he has success with action movies...Fighter is the third one he makes...and he has to deliver... we will see how it works.

Until now, Siddhart is the only one having made (storywise, directing) two of the Spy franchise movies, Kabir Khan, Ali Abbas Zafar and now Maneesh Sharma were/are responsible for the Tiger movies.

Until now, Kabir has made two action movies, Ali Abbas also two and Maneesh one (Fan) ,Tiger 3 being his second.

Kabir started his career with 3 YRF produced movies, Ali Abbas with his first 4 produced by YRF, then they moved to other production houses. Maneesh  is a constant in YRF all his films produced by YRF.

Siddharth has also started wiith YRF (first 4 films), then came back with War and Pathaan. Fighter again isn't a YRF production.

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

i watch them repeatedly. But bang bang was good action romance movie

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Anjaana Anjaani sucked big Time 

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: forza

Anjaana Anjaani sucked big Time 

Anand wasn't happy with the movie either...that made him change the genre.

Clochette thumbnail

Reading movie comments about Pathaan, it seems to me that all the respective haters now have a field day, as they can vent whatever bother them regardless of having watched Pathaan on OTT or not.

To me, it feels like an 'after-campaign'.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

https://twitter.com/nimitmehra/status/1639621890963800066

first line = could very well be (at least a loooot of people do so)...also outside of India (as the oversea's collection had been exceptionel, too.)

So many Twitter posts brag about how quickly they dismissed the movie (range from 2 to 15 min mostly). And rather nobody gives a reason...I find this quite ridiculous...(as such, not because it's an SRK movie).

Being 15 min. into the film, it's just Dimple meeting SRK (on the threadmill) and the foundation of the JOCR.

Clochette thumbnail

Obviously I cannot let go of this movie whose impact has reasons that still could be a subject of discussion.

I refrained from a more insightful political discussion...as a German with no roots to the Indian subcontinent, I'm a strict novice (in addition to being not fond of politics in any way).

Still, I had the feeling that Pathaan is a movie that takes - among others - a political stand. The following article details this idea that fits to my thinking about this part of the movie:

https://thewire.in/film/pathaan-political-relevance