Asian Shows

Do you think Romance in K dramas sets unrealistic expectations?

Odd-ball thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

I am reopening this thread hoping for some discussion lol 😆

So, i was someone who used to hate romcoms or romance a few years back .. however my perspective changed when i started watching k dramas during lockdown period.

In K-dramas, i liked how love is always expressed by small daily actions. There is more of an emphasis on taking care of your partner on a daily basis rather than on not expressing your feelings or giving something grand to your SO and thinking that your responsibility ends with that... 

It saddens me reading that people say having impossibly high standards in relationships after watching k-dramas.

I am not expecting to find a rich,Young CEO or chaebol or a gumiho lol. I really like it when ML(Men) shows that they care.... which i didn't see in any real relationships around where i live.. 

And I know that Kdramas, American romantic comedies, love stories, etc. are just fun stories that I know are fiction and I just enjoy its entertainment value and not hold them to any particular standard other than whether or not a good story is being told and if I have gotten some joy from watching it. 

But is it too much to hope for a partner who is empathetic and caring? What do you think?

Do you think K drama sets unrealistic expectations of romance?

P .S. - This is the link of the game which got me thinking about all this stuff🤣

https://mydramalist.com/games/ABLkC3 

Edited by Nevertheless22 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

now am curious 😆

Odd-ball thumbnail
Originally posted by: EXOL

now am curious 😆

It's nothing.. it's a post about how my friends said - "K dramas set unrealistic expectations of romance" and i was like - "I am not expecting a CEO(where in the world does this young CEO's exist lol) or gumiho fall for me"..but simple things like in this game below lol 

P.S. those are my 2 AM wierd thoughts..deleted in the morning 🤣

Edited by Nevertheless22 - 1 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Nevertheless22

It's nothing.. it's a post about how my friends said - "K dramas set unrealistic expectations of romance" and i was like - "I am not expecting a CEO(where in the world does this young CEO's exist lol) or gumiho fall for me"..but simple things like in this game below lol 

P.S. those are my 2 AM wierd thoughts..deleted in the morning 🤣

true that ..:😆 also forehead kiss ftw ☺️

Odd-ball thumbnail
Originally posted by: EXOL

true that ..:😆 also forehead kiss ftw ☺️

Forehead kiss is supreme ☺️

Leprechaun thumbnail

edit that opening post again. now we got some serious things to discuss🤣

Odd-ball thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leprechaun

edit that opening post again. now we got some serious things to discuss🤣

I edited the post🤣. Let me know your thoughts 😆

Leprechaun thumbnail

Expecting a CEO in his 20s, students having time to chase each other, Mafias having glassy skin, and supernatural characters is surely unrealistic smiley36 but -

Caring for his woman, being loyal, taking time to spend with spouse/family, forehead kisses and intimacy (not tripping and looking at each other's face for 2 whole mins cuz not everyone's waist can hold that position for more than 5 sec🤣) are bare minimum a guy should be doing. 

We even have high expectations for friends, the talk is about someone whom you're gonna share your whole life (hopefully) with, obviously there should be a level up. Nowadays being loyal is complimented as a huge sacrifice rather than the base line. 

So if a man can't be empathetic, understand your situation, talk it out, notice things about you, cry/express his feelings then idk what is he for?

Odd-ball thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leprechaun

Expecting a CEO in his 20s, students having time to chase each other, Mafias having glassy skin, and supernatural characters is surely unrealistic smiley36 but -

Caring for his woman, being loyal, taking time to spend with spouse/family, forehead kisses and intimacy (not tripping and looking at each other's face for 2 whole mins cuz not everyone's waist can hold that position for more than 5 sec🤣) are bare minimum a guy should be doing. 

We even have high expectations for friends, the talk is about someone whom you're gonna share your whole life (hopefully) with, obviously there should be a level up. Nowadays being loyal is complimented as a huge sacrifice rather than the base line. 

So if a man can't be empathetic, understand your situation, talk it out, notice things about you, cry/express his feelings then idk what is he for?

@bold

Exactly! This needs to be said louder!

Also random eye locks and fall-catch only happens in dramas lol🤣

Leprechaun thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nevertheless22

@bold

Exactly! This needs to be said louder!

Also random eye locks and fall-catch only happens in dramas lol🤣

fall-catch in dramas reminds me of this 🤣 🤣 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FV3pUmIb43c