Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

After reading everyone's POV I've kind of realized that there are 3 main ways we can perceive that kaali raat as they say:

If we treat it as an offer or simply as a business deal, redemption for Viaan is out of question. Sure he might owe an apology for an indecent offer, but the kind of attitude he is getting from Katha is just not fair if she actually agreed to the offer in her full consciousness. 

If we treat it as ONS then how wrong Viaan is really depends on how we perceive the term ONS. To some ONS is very normal while to others it may be sin/ morally wrong. I'm going to assume, because they called this whole thing "paap" in the show, that they are making it seem like its completely wrong/ sin whatever happend that night and because Viaan initiated it, he will have to redeem himself. 

If we treat it as rape, then forgiveness really depends on the depth of Viaan's redemption or perhaps to some there is no forgiveness for rape.

All that being said, I still feel Katha is not a devi either. Sure she did it because of her situation, but technically Viaan did not take advantage of her situation if he didn't even know about it. My point is, if we say that Viaan is wrong, it should only be for judging her character beforehand, for judging a woman, and making an indecent offer but we can't blame him for everything that happend after Katha accepted the offer including the actual deed. All in all, his redemption track should revolve around changing his mindset about woman and not for taking advantage of Katha because he didn't know anything about her to take advantage of when she herself clearly lied to get the job. 

Edited by Twinklestar139 - 1 years ago
Ssp123 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Like mentioned Vian was wrong in putting forward the offer and clearly could not be justified but once Katha accepted the offer she had no right to question his morality not because she did anything wrong but because he is unaware and she proved him right 

We as third person can judge them that Katha had mazboori and Vian didn't so he did wrong .

But Katha can't and should not .

Viaanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

katha does not seem to be doodh ki dhuli

1.she has hidden her child from workplace. How is she justifying this..

2.she agreed to ONS offer..now blaming viaan is illogical 

One can question his demeaning view on women but not for ONS..he gave her option to leave. But she clearly said I made my mind..wat was she expecting he would say lo beta 1 crore as you are very talented architect 

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

it was not about ONS.. workplace harassment, asking sexual favor (which means kinda like movie world's  casting couch ), stalking , forcing a helpless woman to sleep on the name of giving money everything was so so so so wrong and irredeemable. it was viaan's by choice , n who the hell is he to taste a woman's character . if he gets a free pass , it will show the normalization of Workplace sexual favor for the society.  

ok even if Kathaa forgives him too, jis din she will fall for him her character arch will be ruined forever. viaan ko forgive kare but she should never be ended up with that guy 

Edited by opsora2090 - 1 years ago
masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It's one thing to not trust any woman and it's an entirely another thing for Viaan to ask his employee Katha to undergo a loyalty test.

Amounts like 1 Crore or 2 Crores is a huge amount in today's times and it's not everyday that any person makes such an unusual demand.

Viaan could have simply refused her demand instead of agreeing for the same on the condition that she gives her consent for his indecent proposal.Viaan had no right to make such an outrageous demand whether it's Conditional or Unconditional.

He did not even ask Katha as to why she was demanding such a huge amount.He mixed his own personal feelings with Katha's Demand rather than dealing with the same in a Professional Manner inspite of being a Tycoon.

Viaan had let his personal views to cloud over his judgement.God knows what he was thinking during that time?

Katha on the other hand perhaps was in a desperate situation hence without thinking she agreed for the same This enabled Viaan to take advantage of her precarious situation.

Viaan's current actions has damaged his character arc unless the CV's wanted to portray him as a manipulator.Its no doubt makes it difficult to accept Viaan and Katha as some sort of a pair even if he redeems himself and that's perfectly understandable.

Anupreeya thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Twinklestar139

Definitely, and I believe no one is wrong in their take as well in this situation because this whole case is an outlier.

I've heard a lot of real life stories wherein couples will give in to each other just to not upset their partner even though they would not be comfortable with it. Obviously these are toxic relationships and some have not ended well but would that mean every time that happens it's a case of rape? Sometimes I feel like rape itself is a very personal topic and it might mean differently to different people. 

I believe it is because consent is required every single time. That's the concept of marital rape, isn't it? And one of the reasons marital rape is so controversial is that people don't want to accept the fact that your partner can also rape you. I would recommend Criminal Justice Season 2 to anyone who would want to explore this further. The toxic relationship, the toll it takes, the loss of self esteem, it's potrayed spot on there. Giving your consent once to a person doesn't mean it's there for lifetime.

We usually have this concept of rape as shown in shows and series that it's forcefully holding down someone, that person screaming and kicking, need not be the case every time.

Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Viaanrocks

katha does not seem to be doodh ki dhuli

1.she has hidden her child from workplace. How is she justifying this..

2.she agreed to ONS offer..now blaming viaan is illogical 

One can question his demeaning view on women but not for ONS..he gave her option to leave. But she clearly said I made my mind..wat was she expecting he would say lo beta 1 crore as you are very talented architect 

1. She needed a job with high salary so that she can pay her son's hospital cost. Earthcon was hiring unmarried people. She justified her job well irrespective of single mother. She didn't miss any deadline, worked late night which was the true requirement of the job. She broke rule but didn't cheat.

2. She is not the first one to talk about ONS. She clearly mentioned they will not going to discuss this. She is not blaming Viaan but also she can't forgive him. 

Neutral2 thumbnail

Rape means Forced sex. Force could be physical, mental or emotional or by some drugs. 

Does Viaan Force Katha in any way to have sex? Answer is no. 

It was God who put Katha in that situation. So blame God if you are talking about Rape.

Just because Katha consent is because of her helplessness, you can't use the word like Rape. Rapist is a derogatory word for Men. Repect men too.

Viaanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Neutral2

1. She needed a job with high salary so that she can pay her son's hospital cost. Earthcon was hiring unmarried people. She justified her job well irrespective of single mother. She didn't miss any deadline, worked late night which was the true requirement of the job. She broke rule but didn't cheat.

2. She is not the first one to talk about ONS. She clearly mentioned they will not going to discuss this. She is not blaming Viaan but also she can't forgive him. 

1.lying is lying..

Many of deserving married/single mother would have  lost the opportunity which she clearly got by lying

2. I m not saying she should forgive him. 

But she is blaming him for so called paap when he clearly gave her choice to leave that day 

Neutral2 thumbnail

1. Katha is deserving. She proved it. Rules were wrong. She proved this also. Viaan is having difficulty to find deserving candidate who is talented, hardworking and presentable. Hence proved. 

She cleared the interview. She upheld the interview. She came first in the interview so hot selected. No person or company is harmed in any way.

Others got rejected because of company unfair rule. Katha has no role here.

2. Listen carefully to her word. From the third person both have done paap. But she has a reason to do that paap while Viaan has no reason at all. 

Viaan didn't rock.

Edited by Neutral2 - 1 years ago