Second Chances and Forgivenesss - What is your take on this? - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gina24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Great analysis everyone 👏

What a treat to read each of them wish I could articulate that well

Just one point I feel katha has not forgiven her FIL

I feel there will be bigger confrontation scene between them in coming days maybe once ONS truth will be out.

Right now just for sake of Aarav and MIL she is playing a truce as  it’s hard to digest that she will forgive him without any communication between them.

angelic2005 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The shock that hit Katha when she returned home after that argument with Viaan, realising she didn’t have to go through with it. Had she just told him the truth as he would have helped her. Even she realised she messed up too but she never going to admit that to Viaan cause that would weaken her argument of being righteous out of the two of them. 

If someone is genuinely sorry, then give them a chance to redeem. If they mess up then let it go and move on. Guys usually move on, only few will try to rectify the mistake they made. 

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Time will heal the wounds. It might look like both will never get out of this but eventually they will..just like in real life where we feel that this is the end of the world but we still wake up and face the next day.

If Katha does forgive Viaan I want her to do it wholeheartedly. It shouldn't be like okay I forgive you but if something goes wrong then she blames him for no reason. Yes, trust has to be earned. Forgiveness has to be earned. But once he does his due diligence, he shouldn't be punished anymore.

OT, of course there's scope of second chance in the story as well as in real life. But don't keep people hanging. Either don't forgive them or forgive them and accept them with an open mind.

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Twinklestar139

Just tryna strike a meaningful conversation and increase forum activity. 

So for anyone that hasn't read the bible, there is a verse in there which talks about how there is no sin that god can't forgive. What matters the most is acceptance of your sin and repentance. The only sin that will always remain a sin is your unbelief meaning not being truthful and avoiding the earnest acceptation of the sin. Once you truly confess your sins and it reaches god, he will forgive you at which point you are then born again and will be sensitive to that sin meaning you will never look to repeating the same sin again. Keeping that in mind, who are we as humans to judge someone's actions and hold grudges for the wrongdoings that they commit. 

Now I don't believe Viaan committed any sin but for the sake of simplicity lets say that Viaan's proposal of the ONS is a sin, let alone the action itself. If he can show that he's truly sorry in his confession and owns up to his actions and tries everything that he can on his pathway for repentance, I don't see why we as audience can't be accepting of him. Adding to that, if Katha does end up forgiving him I don't see why she can't give him a second chance because technically after his repentance track he will be a complete different individual. In fact, I would love to see Katha forgiving him if she truly feels accepting of Viaan's redemption. Sometimes our past actions may not be justifiable, but if one learns from it and ensures to apply that learning into their life, why can't they be forgiven? I personally believe that if someone has put in the effort and is aware of all of their deeds/mistakes/sins, they should get a second chance and forgiveness. What are your thoughts?

All right everybody have expressed their diverse opinions here regarding such a sensitive topic and they are quite right from their POV.

I have not watched the series much but as per the news reports Viaan was gonna offer Katha a sum of around 2 Crores on the condition that she should be willing to spend the night with him in a hotel room.

Viaan is a ruthless Businessman who perhaps thinks every women is a potential Gold-Digger which is quite the wrong view.

Viaan's demand was quite unjustified and he was clearly taking advantage of Katha's situation but from what I have seen in the promo perhaps he wanted Katha to prove him wrong in this case.

There are 2 separate topics on this forum one regarding Viaan's Possessiveness and Katha perhaps lying regarding her background.

Both no doubt lied to each other but Katha did that for her Cancer-ridden Son Aarav and as we all know medical expenses of Cancer is quite huge and hence she demanded such a huge sum of 2 Crores perhaps not for herself but to save the life of her own son at any cost.

Yes Viaan repented and asked for her forgiveness but I don't think that's enough since they are the lead pairs it's but natural they are gonna end up getting married someday.

Instead of doubting her character Viaan should have at least tried to find out as to why his own employee is making such a huge demand in the first place and that too not of any 1 or 2 lakhs but crores? Nobody asks for such a huge amount in the first place and Viaan either could have simply asked her or at least tried to find out the reason through his sources.

He could have done so bcoz he is a Business Tycoon and as a Tycoon he must have some influential and important Contacts or Sources.But perhaps he's either haunted by past betrayals and that perhaps could have clouded his judgement regarding women which still does not excuse his recent unjustified demand.

The question is how effectively he will make use of the second chance? And why is he getting suddenly possessive about her? Does he feel protective about her?

Love might bloom later but if Viaan wants to try redeem himself then he needs to change his outlook and the least he can do is help Katha's son Aarav get the required medical treatment.For Katha Aarav is her priority and perhaps I don't think she has time for things such as Love or Weddings.

In one other show telecasted on the other channel Colors a Casanova Raj almost changed his ways and accepted Manmeet along with her son Anmol So if that Casanova Raj can change himself for Manmeet then certainly Viaan can follow suit.

But has he started to develop feelings for Katha?Otherwise why is he suddenly feeling possessive about her?

Also Viaan's family will they ever accept Katha? Will be stand by her if he starts to love Katha?

Viaan's redemption arc if it makes him genuinely a better person then perhaps Katha has found her Mr.Right. unless Katha ends up marrying another guy somehow.

Just to add more Katha has every damn right to take her own time in forgiving him.As far as Viaan is concerned he needs to give her time to make up her mind regarding the same.

Edited by masked - 1 years ago
masked thumbnail

Just tryna strike a meaningful conversation and increase forum activity. 

So for anyone that hasn't read the bible, there is a verse in there which talks about how there is no sin that god can't forgive. What matters the most is acceptance of your sin and repentance. The only sin that will always remain a sin is your unbelief meaning not being truthful and avoiding the earnest acceptation of the sin. Once you truly confess your sins and it reaches god, he will forgive you at which point you are then born again and will be sensitive to that sin meaning you will never look to repeating the same sin again. Keeping that in mind, who are we as humans to judge someone's actions and hold grudges for the wrongdoings that they commit. 

Now I don't believe Viaan committed any sin but for the sake of simplicity lets say that Viaan's proposal of the ONS is a sin, let alone the action itself. If he can show that he's truly sorry in his confession and owns up to his actions and tries everything that he can on his pathway for repentance, I don't see why we as audience can't be accepting of him. Adding to that, if Katha does end up forgiving him I don't see why she can't give him a second chance because technically after his repentance track he will be a complete different individual. In fact, I would love to see Katha forgiving him if she truly feels accepting of Viaan's redemption. Sometimes our past actions may not be justifiable, but if one learns from it and ensures to apply that learning into their life, why can't they be forgiven? I personally believe that if someone has put in the effort and is aware of all of their deeds/mistakes/sins, they should get a second chance and forgiveness. What are your thoughts?

All right everybody have expressed their diverse opinions here regarding such a sensitive topic and they are quite right from their POV.

I have not watched the series much but as per the news reports Viaan was gonna offer Katha a sum of around 2 Crores on the condition that she should be willing to spend the night with him in a hotel room.

Viaan is a ruthless Businessman who perhaps thinks every women is a potential Gold-Digger which is quite the wrong view.

Viaan's demand was quite unjustified and he was clearly taking advantage of Katha's situation but from what I have seen in the promo perhaps he wanted Katha to prove him wrong in this case.

There are 2 separate topics on this forum one regarding Viaan's Possessiveness and Katha perhaps lying regarding her background.

Both no doubt lied to each other but Katha did that for her Cancer-ridden Son Aarav and as we all know medical expenses of Cancer is quite huge and hence she demanded such a huge sum of 2 Crores perhaps not for herself but to save the life of her own son at any cost.

Yes Viaan repented and asked for her forgiveness but I don't think that's enough since they are the lead pairs it's but natural they are gonna end up getting married someday.

Instead of doubting her character Viaan should have at least tried to find out as to why his own employee is making such a huge demand in the first place and that too not of any 1 or 2 lakhs but crores? Nobody asks for such a huge amount in the first place and Viaan either could have simply asked her or at least tried to find out the reason through his sources.

He could have done so bcoz he is a Business Tycoon and as a Tycoon he must have some influential and important Contacts or Sources.But perhaps he's either haunted by past betrayals and that perhaps could have clouded his judgement regarding women which still does not excuse his recent unjustified demand.

The question is how effectively he will make use of the second chance? And why is he getting suddenly possessive about her? Does he feel protective about her?

Love might bloom later but if Viaan wants to try redeem himself then he needs to change his outlook and the least he can do is help Katha's son Aarav get the required medical treatment.For Katha Aarav is her priority and perhaps I don't think she has time for things such as Love or Weddings.

In one other show telecasted on the other channel Colors a Casanova Raj almost changed his ways and accepted Manmeet along with her son Anmol So if that Casanova Raj can change himself for Manmeet then certainly Viaan can follow suit.

But has he started to develop feelings for Katha?Otherwise why is he suddenly feeling possessive about her?

Also Viaan's family will they ever accept Katha? Will be stand by her if he starts to love Katha?

Viaan's redemption arc if it makes him genuinely a better person then perhaps Katha has found her Mr.Right. unless Katha ends up marrying another guy somehow.

Double Post kindly excuse nothing more to add.

Edited by masked - 1 years ago
Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sidnilove

Time will heal the wounds. It might look like both will never get out of this but eventually they will..just like in real life where we feel that this is the end of the world but we still wake up and face the next day.

If Katha does forgive Viaan I want her to do it wholeheartedly. It shouldn't be like okay I forgive you but if something goes wrong then she blames him for no reason. Yes, trust has to be earned. Forgiveness has to be earned. But once he does his due diligence, he shouldn't be punished anymore.

OT, of course there's scope of second chance in the story as well as in real life. But don't keep people hanging. Either don't forgive them or forgive them and accept them with an open mind.

Ditto! I didn't watch the show, just read a lot about it and this is something that I didn't like about OG because Katha never trusts Viaan in their whole relationship so basically as someone mentioned before she is the one who becomes the judgemental one. I hope makers change that up here because what will be the point of accepting his redemption if he is going to get blamed for everything that happens afterwards anyways. At that point it would have been better if she just forgave him but not move on with him.

Edited by Twinklestar139 - 1 years ago
masked thumbnail

Ditto! I didn't watch the show, just read a lot about it and this is something that I didn't like about OG because Katha never trusts Viaan in their whole relationship so basically as someone mentioned before she is the one who becomes the judgemental one. I hope makers change that up here because what will be the point of his redemption if he is going to get blamed for everything that happens afterwards anyways. At that point it would have been better if she just forgave him but not move on with him.

I think what is required right now for Viaan is to perhaps help Katha in financing the required medical treatment for her son without informing her about the same.Obviously even if Viaan wants to help now she won't accept the same bcoz first she's a self-respecting woman with an independent streak and second Viaan has already spoiled his image by going ahead with that stupid and unjustified condition he proposed to her in the first place.

More than Viaan's redemption Katha's feelings ought to be considered here.Viaan is a rich tycoon having all the luxuries at his disposal whereas women like Katha are fighting to prove their worth in this cruel world even if it's driven by the need for her own son's survival.

Was Katha right in lying about the same? Perhaps not but she needed a job somehow to sustain her son's medical treatment that cannot be denied.

Inspite of being a Tycoon he did not have that common sense to figure out as to why Katha is making such a huge demand in the first place being his employee-its not as if Katha was his family member or a relative.Yes he might have apologised profusely but why there was a need for Viaan to test Katha's loyalty or extract a price for the sum of 2 Crores? 

So tomorrow if some other women asks for his help will he again undertake that same Loyalty test? His actions are inexcusable and yes he might redeem himself but what right did he have to make such a demand in the first place even if it was not forced on Katha?

I don't know why Viaan hired Katha for his firm if he never trusts any woman in the first place though one cannot discriminate purely on the basis of Gender.He was the decision maker the one holding the reins of power that night and he could have just reversed his decision also.

Viaan could have easily found out about Katha's plight through his sources and even help her about the same.His Judgments has clouded his perceptions regarding the womanhood.Only Katha's willing acceptance will complete his Redemption Arc.

Still if at all Viaan is the destined one for Katha even after all this fiasco then he has got a tough task ahead of him.Katha perhaps has got a new job and she's not at his mercy now anyway.

For Katha Aarav is her whole and only world.But yes one thing cannot be denied that Viaan's further actions will somehow affect Katha's life further down the line.

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: gina24

Great analysis everyone 👏

What a treat to read each of them wish I could articulate that well

Just one point I feel katha has not forgiven her FIL

I feel there will be bigger confrontation scene between them in coming days maybe once ONS truth will be out.

Right now just for sake of Aarav and MIL she is playing a truce as  it’s hard to digest that she will forgive him without any communication between them.

It will be a first, then. Never in the history of itv has a bahu ever confronted her in-laws. Even a SIL who deliberately spills oil on the stair to trip the pregnant bahu (attempt to murder) or a MIL who leaves the gas on for her bahu to strike a match (premeditated attempt to murder) will be forgiven, no questions asked.

I can bet Katha will forgive & forget her FIL’s words. If she is shown confronting or disliking him, I will go & do aarthi for the CVs. 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is probably going more unpopular than any discussed so far...

If Katha needed more money for her son's treatment, would she have slept again with him when he offered her 2cr? If the answer is yes - she should stop acting as if she is somehow superior to him. He made an immoral offer. she accepted it. She will accept it again if she needs to. There is nothing about second chances or forgiveness.

Yes - now in the aftermath she wants nothing to do him - that is fine. She is within her rights to keep her distance. but there is nothing to forgive.

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Irshita

This is probably going more unpopular than any discussed so far...

If Katha needed more money for her son's treatment, would she have slept again with him when he offered her 2cr? If the answer is yes - she should stop acting as if she is somehow superior to him. He made an immoral offer. she accepted it. She will accept it again if she needs to. There is nothing about second chances or forgiveness.

Yes - now in the aftermath she wants nothing to do him - that is fine. She is within her rights to keep her distance. but there is nothing to forgive.

I see what you're saying. There was a podcast that I heard a while back (don't remember the title of it) and basically this girl in the podcast narrates her life story and talks about how she was faced with an extremely dire situation after she ran away from home and needed money just to survive. So one day some dude approaches her and tells her he will get clients for her if she agrees to it and that was basically her first introduction to prostitution. She never wanted to get into it but because of her situation (paying for school, day to day expenses, paying for rent all alone etc. ) she agrees to the dude and even though she didn't want to become a prostitute she ends up becoming one. She then talks about how that led to her trauma and then eventually coming out of it. Now she clearly made the choice of becoming a prostitute even though she didn't want to so is it right to blame her clients for all the trauma that was caused? I don't think so. That was her decision and she was responsible for it. 

I guess if you apply the same logic in Katha's case, you're basically saying only Katha herself is responsible for her decision of agreeing to the offer and not Viaan and honestly I can't disagree with you on that because I do believe that Katha is no saint. Viaan was definitely wrong in making the indecent offer but I also don't think Katha is a queen.