Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

RRR wins best international Film at Critics Choice Awards

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

RRR was the first surprise of the evening, taking home the award for best international film. The Indian blockbuster is ineligible for this category at the Oscars, as its home country submitted Last Film Show (which also made the Academy’s shortlist ahead of the Jan. 24 Oscar nominations). It is a contender in other categories, however, including best original song “Naatu Naatu,” which also took home that prize at the Critics Choice Awards. Director S.S. Rajamouli thanked “the women in my life” while accepting the award for international film, beginning with his mother. “She thought school education was overrated and she encouraged me to read comics and storybooks, and she encouraged my creativity,” said Rajamouli, who also thanked his wife, costume designer Rama Rajamouli. “More than that, she’s the designer of my life”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/critics-choice-awards-2023-winners-best-moments-highlights-1235300131/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Congratulations Rajamouli Sir 🥳

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

He is making us all proud.🙌

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Congratulations to SSR.👏

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wow... Congratulations to Rajmouli and team 🥳👏

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So good to see RRR getting all the love. Watching the movie one can tell that everyone has poured their hearts to bring out this level of perfection. It will continue to have a special place in everyone's hearts for a long time to come. ❤️

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Big smile for Rajamouli being so happy and congrats for RRR having become a surprise-winner again 😊❤️

That written, my focus went on something else when I read the excerpt from The Hollywood Reporter : Last Film Show got shortlisted...Pan Nalin arriving to THAT. The 24th, I'll know if his (somehow nostalgic) movie got nominated!

What an exciting news! Did anyone here watch one of his movies or the successful Doordashan series Wagle Ki Duniya (where, btw, SRK had a special appearance)?

Nalin has my interest since I got to know about his close collaboration with Germany and France for his first two movies (I came across him because of his movie AngryIndianGoddesses) as I know the German production/distribution house Pandora Films rather well (many excellent movies from around the world, launched some - now - very famous filmmakers).