Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

what is the point of this show?

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

i was quite young, literally a child when yrkkh was launched. i remember watching basically most of the first two years of the show almost religiously with my family. yrkkh was one of the very few wholesome shows that utilized the blended traditional aspects by pushing towards how how every member of the family should have autonomy to their own thing while cherishing good and bad times together. 

overall, whether it was cringe or a cliche, the show managed to stick with it's premise for quite long. seeing the journey of the maheshwari, and singhania families alongside akshara and naitik going from a young couple to becoming parents, handling businesses, dealing with migrating to a new country, coming back, and parenting the younger cohort was quite a good mindless watch. 

of course the show wasn't reigning high on a morality scale but it still abided by values and such. i never really watched the show after the first year but I would say that for the most part, any clip or anything in passing I saw of the show until even after Akshara's death was pretty decent and you could tell that the core value and message of the show's story telling hasn't changed. 

I am not sure how the show faired with focusing on karthik and naira but as far as I am aware, the remainder of the family members weren't totally forgotten at least in the initial transition of the lead couples being replaced. 

with this third generation, any kind of clip or parts of the episode of the show leaves me wondering whats the point of keeping this show on-air? maybe they should've ended it with Karthik and Naira, or Karthik and Seerat having a happy ever after with there kids and started a new show starring the current cast.

the show has terrible pacing and writing. any clip of goenkas leaves me wondering if they are the same family where karthik and keerti grew up. there characters just seem to be a shell of whatever convenient role needs to be played for them to be useful for the leads. the birlas are so poorly fleshed out that you can't root for any character at all. the only thing that sticks out is the stereotypes they are supposedly fleshed out around. 

i am genuinely confused as to how this show is still on-air. the show might've had a better legacy if they hadn't tried to keep it going just for the heck of it. 

the current cast's talent is barely utilized in it as well. Harshad Chopra has proved to be so versatile. Why is his character a whinny teenager who needs to have his own way and gosh the possesivness is so toxic. Akshara's character seems to somehow be a consistent damsel in distress. Her good intents never have a pay off. And gosh Arohi's character has so much potential to be a girlboss yet all they've reduced to her is a poorly sketched foil. 

End of the day, it's insulting to the audiences of these beloved soap operas who are handed this type of story telling to watch. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Actually what they're trying to do here is to convert it into ghum hai kisi ke pyar mei part 2🤣 For sky rocketing trps. 

Second guess is that they're trying to make it kundali bhagya part 2. 

They were so desperate to bring in thr child artists that they executed the separation , divorce and probably the leap in 1 week😆 not knowing what to do next.  So strange I was watching akshus kkk and big boss adventures suddenly Neil is dead , akshu is divorced , baby will br brought up alone , abhi will supposedly marry aroo .  golmaal series had better logic. 

Coming to the legacy part , if ur free , watch kaira Intro frm risikesh times till their marriage , it's heaven compared to this hell..n one can easily understand why abhira failed and kaira worked so well 

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

The point of this show is the producer'ego. He gambled when Hina wanted to leave and the second generation became a super hit.

DKP struck gold with remakes of regional adaptations which gave a boost to trial and error.

Also RS was in a tight spot because SP's new management demanded a new story for generation 3 or basically adapt a toxic, dark and gross bengali original.

So in short the producer is trying very hard to retain his slot, satisfying egos and ruining legacy.

Also money is pouring due to high ad revenues.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I think I have watched all the shows of Harshad Chopda, the guy is brilliant when he is front of the camera, too versatile and a dream to reckon for most of his journey on TV, and it pains me that DKP being one of the best PH has not given him the due which he deserves. 

Coming back to ITV, they are in their lowest, the last good show I remember enjoying was Bepannah, and Jana na dil se door, both worked due to the depth in the leads' love story and obviously first 6 months are always a treasure for the viewers.

DKP repeated the mistake which Ekta did, she kept recycling Naagin and see what happened, barring the season of Sharad and Surbhi, i do not remember any of the naagin seasons facing half of the hype or popularity of the first 2, and her Kasauti remake was aweful, wasted Parth and Erica.

ITV is shambolic TBH, Harshad makes me watch this season in bits and pieces, but that is the childhood fan of him in me, it is not the show's legacy, Pranali is a BAD actress, I do not want to argue on this, the character has zero depth on top of that the actor is bad, so obviously it was never going to work. 

I do not know, why actors I like end up in shitty shows after a series of marvelous work, but anyways, I guess sometimes they need to think about a lot of other things too. This show is stupid, they made a mockery of women of any position, men are always wrong, dada dadis are always right, WTF is this? 

Edited by SteFanSalvaTor - 1 years ago
In_love thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Exactly birlas don't have proper bond. Writers never work on bonds. No consistency . Ak all good deed under carpet. Ak got punished for every single mistake but ar got whitewashed.

Relation of manjiri pb went under carpet 

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

The producer also wants to prove a point that love marriages are utter failures, there is nothing called love at first sight.

Rajan Shahi confirmed the basis of his 3rd installment ie the leads are in love with the idea of being in love.

Assuming what was told to Anu Ranjan is true then purpose is served as the writers are on.the right track.

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yeh rishta is only trying to follow the latest trend on itv and be one among the herd. Sp is the top rated channel. Sp strategy in recent times, remake regional shows, add tons of negativity and toxicity. If some track works in one show, chipkao them in other shows as well. Its very obvious if u see that every show is the same only packaging/ set/ aesthetics are different.

There was a time when many couples of sp had their consummation sequences one after another😂 so u can imagine

but frankly other channel shows are also not great to be honest. Since they are not getting trps, they are also trying to follow the formula and see ki unka kuch banta bhi hai ki nahi. 

There is no variety on itv. There was a time when balika vadhu , a social drama, yeh rishta a family drama, madhubala- a love story were in the top 5. There were options for all kinds of audience. There are hardly any now. 
Also, its not the remakes that are a problem. Its how u add the flavour and make it palatable. 

Pandya store- the regional remake a good family show. Its not as bad the hindi one! The point is not the remakes that are being picked up, its how u make the right elements work for the audience. 

kabhi kabhi ittefaq se regional counterparts are a family cum light hearted show but sp and the production house turned it into an ema drama cuz sp / producer thought that is what sells! 

HC has a good body of work in terms of characters and stories and sadly this is probably is his worst. Worst, obviously not in the sense of making moolah ,but in terms of his craft/creativity as an actor . Harshad usually brings a lot to the table when portraying a character but here he honestly has nothing to play with and it shows in his performance as well. 

Bella250 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Itv is trash now. All tv shows are the same pretty much. YRKKH 1st season was really well written, leads and supporting characters were all well written. There were no toxic and negative vibes then. Over a decade ago Itv used to have so many options for different audiences, even Star Plus shows themselves were different from one another. There was YRKKH, Diya Aur Baati Hum, IPKKND, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna, Sasural Genda Phool. All these shows were different from the other. Now all shows are the same. I only watch Pakistani dramas now. I miss the era where shows were aimed at the youth audience too. Suh as Dil Mil Gaye, Remix, Mile Jab Hum Tum, Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani, Aahat, Sshh Phir Koi Hai. There are just no shows like these anymore on ITV.

Edited by Bella250 - 1 years ago
Sukriti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yeh Rishta started off in 2009 as a fresh air during K dramas..the first season was a feel good family drama no divorcing and remarriage like its childs play and no unwanted melodrama..but since the middle of Season 2 it became nayee soch in toxic poisonous bottle..one dose of an episode of YRKKH and you will get stress and anxiety attack just like Manjari Maata..

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Krinya

Actually what they're trying to do here is to convert it into ghum hai kisi ke pyar mei part 2🤣 For sky rocketing trps. 

Second guess is that they're trying to make it kundali bhagya part 2. 

They were so desperate to bring in thr child artists that they executed the separation , divorce and probably the leap in 1 week😆 not knowing what to do next.  So strange I was watching akshus kkk and big boss adventures suddenly Neil is dead , akshu is divorced , baby will br brought up alone , abhi will supposedly marry aroo .  golmaal series had better logic. 

Coming to the legacy part , if ur free , watch kaira Intro frm risikesh times till their marriage , it's heaven compared to this hell..n one can easily understand why abhira failed and kaira worked so well 

havent seen the episodes but the whole plot seems like a big old mess. there isn’t a bit of consistency especially for people who are watching daily, there’s nothing that ties the story lines. it’s insane how a show went from being a wholesome representation to this