Posted: 1 years ago

India’s loss. It was a great film 

It IS a great movie...and as for the loss: those who forbade the screening (despite the clearing by the CSFC) have enough money but rather want a loss for a Pakistan movie. They simply use art (like they use religion) in accordance with their agenda.

Pak doesn't release Indian films so why should India allow theirs? 

This 'Tit for Tat' is - imo - just a stupid power-play... reeks of immaturity and a narrow mindset. Art could (should!!!) help (like sport) to build bridges...

IN addition: what a hypocrisy to use products coming from Pakistan (and Pakistan products coming from India)...commercial relations are possible - and cinematic relations aren't???

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

Originally posted by Bleue

Pak doesn't release Indian films so why should India allow theirs? 

Notice no one has any opinion about that here

btw Pak doesn’t import any Indian products kya?

Why do people who have nothing  to do with India except watching BW movies (only cz they’re fan of a particular star or so they say) so concerned 

I am sure people of the nation will recover from this terrible loss, however painful it might be 

Betty, I'm not "concerned" ... and I wrote "use" NOT "import", okay...

However, I find it a pity when art (and sport also) is used in a negative way...and this "tit for tat" thinking definitely is negative.

And of course I can write my opinion here, even though I'm 'only' a white German woman and I'm here because I like Indian movies and some Indian actors/actresses...oh...gosh!...I like Fawad Khan, too...(shocking!!!)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

Originally posted by Clochette

This 'Tit for Tat' is - imo - just a stupid power-play... reeks of immaturity and a narrow mindset. Art could (should!!!) help (like sport) to build bridges...

IN addition: what a hypocrisy to use products coming from Pakistan (and Pakistan products coming from India)...commercial relations are possible - and cinematic relations aren't???

There are no commercial relationship between India and Pakistan...I think desicion to boycott Indian products was taken by Imran Khan. 

Well they do take medicine supply from India though.

Cinematic relationships are not going to help India Pak relationships. Anyone who thinks otherwise are delusional.