Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Star Plus also has obsession with girls falling for married men and man also liking rural woman more compared to urban woman he married because urban woman=bitch.

Colors is even worse which shows rural ones better and even showed love story between a bride buyer and the trafficked girl he bought as bride, and love between married landlord and bonded labour shown as his one night slave after her dad failed to repay loan. Abuse is glorified as love and I wonder which pervert writes these serials.

Star Bharat is crap and showing Na Umar ki seema ho in which young employee falls in love with old boss. Already adding to stigma against working girls that they flirt with boss or get promotions or jobs by having affair with boss even if boss is dad's age with grey hair.

Do not even get me started on how crap TV is. I cannot believe we had serials like Udaan, Rajini in 90s but have this shit now in 2022.

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Leave cinemas. Soap operas shows the reality of indian society. Indian society hates woman above 21 who is not married with kids. One of the kid has to be a boy. The girl needs to be slim and fair.

And girl should not have voice of her own or own ideas or any ideas or aim or objectives in life. Nor any attachment to parents. Just be obedient and pliable and cook, clean, serve like a maid, fulfil orders on demand of family. Be religious and never be rationalist. Attend every puja. Never do anything without permission of in laws and husband or cry and beg forgiveness for not being good daughter or wife or DIL or mom even if not at fault.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

@atominis (forgot to tag you😅)

I think that guilt makes Alia the better character than any spy. She wasn't supposed to kill. She was just supposed to spy. Killing was the last ultimatum, and if she just was ok with killing someone, it would look stupid.

Plus, she loved Iqbal. What nutter can kill someone they love and move with their life?

Movies like War and Ek Tha Tiger can show Hritik and Salman killing people because they have the experience. If Nat had cried after every killing, would she make a good spy in MCU? But Wanda can't handle the Lagos incident, because she never realised in her wildest dreams ki aisa bhi kuch ho sakta hai.

Even in Family Man, when Bajpayee's character causes a major blunder in S1, he carries it's guilt into S2, never has a closure which affects his personal relationships.

Emotions aren't weak, neither for men, nor women, infact, having emotions make a character much compelling than just shooting left and right.

Tagging rth since she brought up Raazi

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

And girl should not have voice of her own or own ideas or any ideas or aim or objectives in life. Nor any attachment to parents. Just be obedient and pliable and cook, clean, serve like a maid, fulfil orders on demand of family. Be religious and never be rationalist. Attend every puja. Never do anything without permission of in laws and husband or cry and beg forgiveness for not being good daughter or wife or DIL or mom even if not at fault.

This is something my in laws expect too. But I simply ignore their demands now.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

How will the woman cry 24×7 about her husband having an affair if she has a career? Samjha Karo yaar baat ko!

Star Plus has an obssesion with 18 year olds falling for men older than them already commited to someone else (rn, they have 4 shows running with same plotline)

Beech mein kahin they sprinkle the career drive (journalism, doctor, racer and cricket player) but it all goes down (will go down) the drain when a kid will be introduced 🤣

Bengali serials are worst. Here underaged leads under 16 play the same role.

atominis thumbnail

I did add I will not judge Raazi for showing emotions. When even ETT has ended up showing spy falling in love with spy of rival nation.

However such guilt is shown less for male characters than female. Bobby Deol in Tango Charlie was another one who felt intense guilt at killing an innocent accidentally in fake encounter and went to his funeral to beg for forgiveness.

Ajay then bashes him for being emotional and saves him from relatives of the killed man, from mob lynching him in revenge. 

Few films and shows have male agents, spies, army or police men feel guilt at killing someone or falling in love with rival or enemy. 

But when they do, they usually flop. Like Tango Charlie did.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Parents hardly monitor kids. Sadly in desi culture, watching TV or films is a family or community activity.

All watch TV or films together and elders do not bother about its impact on kids. I have seen parents watch even films like Jism with kids or bring kids to watch A rated films like Delhi Belly giving excuse that how can they leave kids alone at home or hoping kid will not notice or understand anything or some also assume today's kids already know a lot so what is wrong in letting them watch films.

They do not monitor even what kids see or do online and give unrestricted access to internet to kids. Later remain in denial that kids got ruined seeing tv or films or internet or give excuses that who can monitor or stop kids or that they are too busy with own work at home and workplace to keep tab on what kids do or think.

Their excuses are ever ready. Most elders are negligent AF. 

This reminds me I was once watching a dubbed cartoon of rabbits going hunting 😂 it was in Hindi.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Thappad was a great movie though

Havent seen the other one

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

I am an educated housewife. Make a movie about me.😎

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

I think that guilt makes Alia the better character than any spy. She wasn't supposed to kill. She was just supposed to spy. Killing was the last ultimatum, and if she just was ok with killing someone, it would look stupid.

Plus, she loved Iqbal. What nutter can kill someone they love and move with their life?

There is no winning. In a sea of male spy films, I point out one real female spy, who was damn good her job and she gets dinged for having emotions.