Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Cinema NOW does not promote hate against educated women because ...

It would not generate substantial revenue NOW at the movie theaters. 

Abhigya.fan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

These kind of stereotypes do make the wrong kinds of impressions on kids who are exposed to these movies, shows. I used to watch these ekta serials when I was in school and thought that they made sense. I wanted to emulate the patriarchal, misogynistic practices. Kids don't know any better and they aren't exposed to a lot. So it takes a lot of learning and unlearning as we grow up.

The 90s kind of characters aren't done anymore, so I am glad we have seen some progress but it's not enough.

Edited by Abhigya.fan - 1 years ago
rckRadhe thumbnail

Hate against educated women IS NOT popular ...

But Production Houses will promote ANYTHING that sells đź‘ŤđźŹĽ

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

I think these days movies have become more progressive and motivational for women. Teaching them to fight for themselves and not tolerate abuse. It's only regressive people who disagree with these type of concepts but tbh they depict reality. Women of this generation do not bear abuse or stay in unhappy marriages when they are independent and can support themselves.

Women want respect and there's nothing wrong with that.

rckRadhe thumbnail

Production houses will test these HATE concepts for box office returns đź‘ŤđźŹĽ

Thappad (2020) & Chhapaak (2020) are good examples respectively. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Production houses will test these HATE concepts for box office returns đź‘ŤđźŹĽ

Thappad (2020) & Chhapaak (2020) are good examples respectively. 

mega flops 

rckRadhe thumbnail

Yep! ... As opposed to Chhapaak (2020)

rckRadhe thumbnail

Cinema will promote whatever THEY FEEL can sell đź‘ŤđźŹĽ

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I watched a Telugu movie recently called varudu kavalenu (groom wanted)

It’s not mysoginistic per say and tries to see the girls point of

View when being “choosy” abt her husband …but it makes mistskes

.the girl is shown to be a successful woman with her own design company ….everyone in the office thinks she’s a bitch coz she wants people to show up on time, not fool around during work and has high standards in terms of the quality of work being delivered …all these are reasonable imo 

She hates the concept of arranged marriage and dosent like “seeing grooms”…her mom keeps pestering her about it but her dad is nicely supportive of her singlehood ..

Alls well and good till an old friend starts pursing her, and turns out he was her first crush in college …back in college, as she was abt to express her love to him, she overheard a convo of his with his friend saying he dosent take marriage and relationships seriously ….so she’s all hurt and never tells him…but they show that her decision to become all bitter and iron boss lady types is because of the hurt from that first crush not reciprocating 

They get married in the end after a few bollywoodish scenes 

Point is, it’s 2022 and people still believe a career woman or an opinionated one/ choosy one is so coz of some bitterness inside 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I think these days movies have become more progressive and motivational for women. Teaching them to fight for themselves and not tolerate abuse. It's only regressive people who disagree with these type of concepts but tbh they depict reality. Women of this generation do not bear abuse or stay in unhappy marriages when they are independent and can support themselves.

Women want respect and there's nothing wrong with that.

One of my mom's favorite quotes is that cinema is a reflection of reality.

As civilization advances further, and the playing field becomes more and more even for men and women, we'll start seeing those changes reflect on cinema.

More than trying to affect changes or censorship on movie storylines, it'll be more helpful for women to shatter glass ceilings in real life. As they continue that march, misogynistic movies will start ageing like milk... to the point it'll seem ludicrous to even think of a misogynistic storyline anymore.