Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepika First Lady Singham in Rohit Shetty Cop Universe

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Rohit Shetty confirms Deepika Padukone will play ‘Lady Singham’ in Singham Again: ‘Lady bomb of our cop universe ‘

Filmmaker Rohit Shetty has earlier worked with Deepika Padukone in 2013 film 

Rohit ShettyFilmmaker Rohit Shetty has confirmed Deepika Padukone as the lady Singham in next film. (PR Handout)

Listen to this article

Rohit Shetty has confirmed that Deepika Padukone will play ‘Lady Singham’ in his cop universe. Their first film together will be Singham Again. The filmmaker made this announcement at the song launch of his film Cirkus, which was attended by Ranveer Singhand Deepika in Mumbai on Thursday.

At the song launch of ‘Current Laga Re’ that sees Deepika making an appearance alongside Ranveer, Rohit said he will be collaborating with Deepika Padukone for Ajay Devgn-starrer Singham Again. This will make Deepika the first female cop in his cop universe that comprises Singham, Suryavanshi and Simmba franchises.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rohit said, “My next film is Singham from our cop universe. Everybody keeps asking me when I’ll introduce Lady Singham. So, here it is, Deepika Padukone will be the Lady Singham in Singham Again. She is my lady bomb from the cop universe, and we’re going to start working together on it next year.” The filmmaker also shared that Ranveer too will be a part of this film, as he said, “You’re like aloo (potato), you’ll be there in every film.” Ranveer headlines Simmba franchise and had earlier made a cameo on Akshay Kumar-led Suryavanshi.

Ranveer and Deepika have showcased an electrifying chemistry in ‘Current Laga Re’; the two have come together for a dance song after quite some time.

Ranveer called working with Deepika a fun experience. He said, “When we come together on set, when I’m with Deepika, I have a lot of fun. You have to cherish those moments when you have a co-actor that you can trust, someone is not going to indulge in one-upmanship, and it becomes a collaborative effort, there is give and take. Trust is indeed a foundation of good chemistry between co-actors I think.”

Deepika said they there are not husband and wife on sets, but two actors totally into their characters. “When we are on set, we don’t think that we’re husband and wife. As actors, the minute the camera comes on, we’re thinking of our characters. And then there are these other things like trust and fun. It is all of those things that make these (magical moments on screen) things happen.”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Outlander22 thumbnail

This will be interesting to see, Deepika is coming in back to back big budget movies.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Deepika is better than these silly roles. But I guess none of her solo led projects that were announced aren't getting off the ground. And she probably doesn't want to produce them herself after the last mess. 

Edited by semantic.error - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Deepika is better than these silly roles. But I guess none of her solo led projects that were announced are getting off the ground. And she probably doesn't want to produce them herself after the last mess. 

What a tangled web we weave 😆

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What a tangled web we weave 😆

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

The lady will ruin everything 😭

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

She is balancing it well..i like her line up and RS has given her the meatiest roles ever in his films..be it CE and now this..we all know what kajal and kareena did in 1st 2 singhams..

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Cop universe? First Lady Singham? Who comes up with these one ass titles?! Burn the whole damn house 🏠 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

****LAME not one 

Outlander22 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

She is balancing it well..i like her line up and RS has given her the meatiest roles ever in his films..be it CE and now this..we all know what kajal and kareena did in 1st 2 singhams..

I think so too, if it’s anything close to Chennai express, deepika just revived her career. Meena mama is still her best role.