Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Muskie

But the rent is 5 lakh na?? From 50K how will you pay 5 lakh each month? 

isn't it better to earn 50k than 0?

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

isn't it better to earn 50k than 0?

areyyyy no I didn't mean that. Sorry if you felt bad. I wanted to ask why would you want to live in a flat worth 5 lakh per month while you are earning 50k per month

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: kar08

Mumbai flat owners particularly in highly sought after areas like Bandra west would rather hold on to their flats for ages than take a cut in the rent. They have the financial strength to do so. Even Covid hasn't made a dent in the rents of high end flats in the Western suburbs. 4-5 lakhs per month (or more) is the going rent for 4 bedroom/duplex apartments like the one Sushant lived in.

Word to your post 

But, what’s the guarantee that the tenant will pay rent or vacate it if needed? Heard that tenants can be worst in places like Mumbai where buying a own house itself is a dream 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yeah I understand flats in Mumbai are very expensive. But when it has a bad publicity attached to it he has to compromise on the price na

If he needed money he would have slashed the price. As he seem to be well off.. he is holding his ground.

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumnn

If he needed money he would have slashed the price. As he seem to be well off.. he is holding his ground.

exactly, he wants to keep the flat empty but dont want to comprise on the price. What if the flat remains empty forever (god forbid) 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

areyyyy no I didn't mean that. Sorry if you felt bad. I wanted to ask why would you want to live in a flat worth 5 lakh per month while you are earning 50k per month

You misunderstood me. My rent budget is 50k. So I'll take the flat if it fits into my budget.

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Word to your post 

But, what’s the guarantee that the tenant will pay rent or vacate it if needed? Heard that tenants can be worst in places like Mumbai where buying a own house itself is a dream 

Such high end flats are taken by high networth individuals (mostly very senior executives in corporates/banks or expats like Consulate or Embassy people) who are unlikely to default on rent payment. Often the landlord will insist on a company lease and they also take massive deposits which gives them some security. But in general,  yes, renting your place out in Mumbai is a scary proposition.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Wow sounds Grizzly 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

exactly, he wants to keep the flat empty but dont want to comprise on the price. What if the flat remains empty forever (god forbid) 

He should actually rent out to ppl from movie, tv industry as they might take.. it is a possibility there might be takers instead of keeping it empty.

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Wonder why Sushant paid such a high rent to basically house a bunch of free loaders. 

I met someone recently who works in high end real estate and she said the same thing as in the article, that flat owners are reluctant to rent their properties to Bollywood people now. This lady had shown a sea facing flat in Bandra west to Aditya Roy Kapur who was very keen on it but the owner refused to rent it to him and wanted only a corporate tenant.