Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Dissapointed. 

First half was such a drag. Was forced to keep skipping half of the scenes. 

Second half was okay. 

Director ko koi samjha do k being an introvert doesn't mean crouching down all the time and not meeting the eyes. 

Kartik could have showed so many emotions but missed the mark. Even Alaya was better than him. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Karthik Aryan is working hard to prove himself as a multidimensional talent. Even his detractors, like myself, must admit that he has hit it out of the park in Freddy. Karthik Aryan plays a delightfully unhinged and creepy character - Freddy Ginwalla. 

Sadly, his superlative performance is lost in an uninspiring plot. The plot develops at the most lackluster pace. The bizarre left turn of the plot twist doesn't add any shock value or excitement to the film but leaves you with more questions and frustrations. Instead of salvaging the film with some diabolical psychological thrills post the reveal, the film laboriously drags on to a predictable and tepid finale. 

Freddy could have been a wonderful psychological thriller. All the right elements are there. But the makers flounder the opportunity in the murk of half-baked characters and plot. 

Karthik Aryan has proven that there is more to him than a cookie-cutter vanilla hero. He has a lot to offer in terns or range. Now he just has to develop the sense to choose the right scripts. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

rth, I agree with what you wrote about Kartik yet I had another perception of the movie than you... I don't think that Freddy was thought as a "creepy" character but one with a damaged soul because of the childhood trauma he could not come to terms with.

I wish I could tell more but don't want to spoil in this thread...

I liked the twists although I agree with the criticism of the end (I had hoped for a more intelligent one).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Again a situation where I would love to know Hindi...😒

Originally posted by: Clochette

rth, I agree with what you wrote about Kartik yet I had another perception of the movie than you... I don't think that Freddy was thought as a "creepy" character but one with a damaged soul because of the childhood trauma he could not come to terms with.

I wish I could tell more but don't want to spoil in this thread...

I liked the twists although I agree with the criticism of the end (I had hoped for a more intelligent one).

No, he was creepy. From staring at a woman's breasts to stalking a patient - he was the textbook definition of creepy. 

There are people who experience far worse trauma but don't behave this way. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

No, he was creepy. From staring at a woman's breasts to stalking a patient - he was the textbook definition of creepy. 

There are people who experience far worse trauma but don't behave this way. 

He was an incel. 

The 2 minutes after Alaya was put under anesthesia were creepy as heck. I seriously thought he was about to do a sleeping beauty move. ðŸ¤¢The ILU wasn't as bad, but it still gave me the creeps.

The only *redeeming* factor, although you can't call it that, was that Kainaaz was worse. So I could kinda, sorta root for Freddy.

Movie was still enjoyable, in major part due to the 2 leads.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Could point out many medical process errors, but it still ddn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie.

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

He was an incel. 

The 2 minutes after Alaya was put under anesthesia were creepy as heck. I seriously thought he was about to do a sleeping beauty move. ðŸ¤¢The ILU wasn't as bad, but it still gave me the creeps.

The only *redeeming* factor, although you can't call it that, was that Kainaaz was worse. So I could kinda, sorta root for Freddy.

Movie was still enjoyable, in major part due to the 2 leads.

100000000000% for Bold

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Could point out many medical process errors, but it still ddn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie.

As someone who has had multiple oral surgeries (wisdom teeth extraction, repairing broken teeth, and an oral cyst removal), I have been dying to scream about this. I posted some on twitter, too, while I was watching the film. 

So the stuff about oral procedures follows. Read at your own risk of enjoyment ruining. 

• Dentists and oral surgeons are two separate professions. Dentists do cleaning, repairing cavities, implants, dentures, root canals, etc. Oral surgeons do surgical procedures of the mouth like removing wisdom teeth. Some dental offices have both services but usually, it's a different person doing dentistry vs. oral surgery. 
  • No one ever goes to a dentist and says I want my wisdom teeth removed. Usually, a dentist will refer you to an oral surgeon for wisdom tooth removal if they find it necessary. Most dentists and oral surgeons will advise against wisdom teeth removal for the heck of it. They will do it if there is a family history of impacted wisdom teeth or they forsee problems. And, of course, some unscrupulous ones will do any surgery as long as you pay them. 
  • Neither the dentist nor the oral surgeon administers general anesthesia. General anesthesia is always administered by an anesthesiologist who is always on call throughout the surgery in case of any issues. 
  • Neither the dentist nor the oral surgeon ever performs surgery alone. There is always a dental assistant or nurse to pass tools, assist with things, and vacuum out your drool and blood if any, frequently before you swallow it. 
  • The anesthesia for wisdom teeth extraction makes you pretty loopy. You are often not in a state of mind to even have a coherent conversation. You have to have an adult ready at the clinic before being discharged. 
  • There typically is no follow-up to wisdom teeth extraction. The stitches are self-dissolving. The only follow up is usually patient initiated if there is a problem or concern. 
  • You will be home for 2-3 days on pain meds. There is no way any responsible dentist or oral surgeon will ask you to leave your house alone to meet them - you are too drugged for that. No one should be left home alone for 24 hrs to 48 hrs after general anesthesia. Pain meds make you drowsy, and a common side effect of anesthesia and pain meds is nausea - someone has to monitor you to ensure you don't choke on your own vomit while asleep.