Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Watched it.

The twists and turns are gripping. Didn't know Karthik could do this. He's showing growth as an actor. 

I liked Alaya in her debut with Saif and Tabu, but this film was a revelation. She really should do more work. 

No, it wouldn't have worked in theaters. For one, a lot of the dialogue is in English. A smattering of Parsi. Culturally, it's very urban. Not to mention it's not family friendly. 

Have to say Karthik is planning his career well. Got his stardom with run-of-the-mill stuff and showing off his acting chops on OTT. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I might be in the minority but I didn't think the movie was oh-so-great. The first half was slow and the twist was very predictable. Karthik was decent but I kept getting distracted by the fact that they made him wear a fat suit or stuffed his shirt to appear bulky. πŸ˜†

Alaya F was pretty and really good in certain scenes but she dazed into the space too often. The second half picked up and ended up being satisfying. A solid 3 for me. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

supari, I enjoyed your 'watch-along review'...the first time, I witness this on the forum.

I can understand some criticism (second half, gore, predictability) but the psychologic portrait of the protagonist was just gripping and so well performed (in addition also a gorgeous female lead).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

supari, I enjoyed your 'watch-along review'...the first time, I witness this on the forum.

That is because aise ajeeb aur gareeb harkatein sirf main hi karti hu. I was talking to myself the whole time but thank you for enjoying. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

1st half above average. 2nd half mein hag diya πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ. Mood kharaab ho gaya saala... time waste😡

For what it's worth, Karthik ki acting A1 hai, aur baaqi actors ne bhi achha kaam kiya hai.

Clochette thumbnail

I think, also the 2nd half had a lot of potential to give a surprising end.

(I would like to give a reason for my thinking but that would mean to spoil...)

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

So finally watched the film and even I think this would have done really well in the theatres considering Kartik's current BO streak, but I totally understand why it was an OTT release.

The film was very riveting and a lot of scenes made me squirm, the bg score elevated the drama. I always enjoy the movies with intelligent, artful protagonists and Kartik really sold the switcheroos of awkward creep turned complete psychotic freak. I never realised he was such a natural crier. Alaya is very pretty and was good in the 1st half, 2nd half was tad too tough for her to pull off.

Anyways I'd say its worth a watch especially for Kartik's performance. I am excited to see what directors of Anurag Basu & Hansal Mehta's caliber will be able to do with him in their upcoming projects.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

https://twitter.com/TheAaryanKartik/status/1599637808045756416?t=8Tc5KYdQBp7lJH0m58-Ocw&s=19

This song is so addictive, Pritam's album is a banger am glad he's doing Aashiqui 3 music

https://youtu.be/Yn7RIRt33Pc

Clochette thumbnail

Every praise is well earned 😊

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

I watched this one over the weekend and liked it. very very happy to see Kartik doing taking up such roles and acing it. His character as a shy, not s0 confident successful dentist turning into a psycho freak was well enacted. the BG score was fantastic and that did wonders to some of the scenes, elevated the intensity more. Alaya F was actually quite good too. I did like her performance in her debut film and this one was no less. I think she definitely is one of the better actors among the star-kids lot. If groomed properly and with good PR, she can definitely go far. I was also pleasantly surprised by Shashanka's direction since I have watched Khoobsurat and Veere Di Wedding which are both light hearted films. 

There were some flaws and the 2nd half did drag a little but overall a solid watch. I can understand why the film was an OTT release though, smart move by the makers and it seemed to have worked in their favor too.