Mahabharat Katha | Dharmakshetra - Writing contest

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Quantum-Dot

Welcoming all to Dharmakshetra, the first writing contest of our "Mahabharat Katha" private forum.

So in this contest, you need to write nano-sized dramas and tales on Mahabharat and its characters, but do remember that it must be canon. 

Rules

1. Round 1 will be Nano Drama. You need to write a drama based on Mahabharat, within 50 words

Deadline : 5th December 

2. Round 2 will be Nano Tale. You need to write a tale within 15 words

Deadline : To be announced after 1st round.

3. Entries exceeding word limit will be disqualified.

• You need to PM your entries to Quantum-Dot before the deadline. 
  • You can send in as much entries as you want.
  • Anonymous open voting will be done for each round.
  • Each round will have separate winners. 

If you aren't a member of the forum, please join it here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/1435

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago

This is interesting, but too bad I have zero knowledge on this theme

The link to join the private forum is for anyone who wants to have non-zero knowledge of Mahābhārata. You don't have to write Nano Drama and Nano Tale entries in the contest, but you can read them if you wish.

Originally posted by la_Reine

This is interesting, but too bad I have zero knowledge on this theme

I knew that Hinna else I would have directly invited you to participate in it. But do join our forum, you'll vote then.

Originally posted by Quantum-Dot

I knew that Hinna else I would have directly invited you to participate in it. But do join our forum, you'll vote then.

When does the voting start?

Remind me and ill join

Originally posted by la_Reine

When does the voting start?

Remind me and ill join

Remind toh karungi...abhi toh join karo at least 😆😆

Originally posted by BrhannadaArmour

If you aren't a member of the forum, please join it here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/1435

Thanks for the tag. I do love Mahabharata and have read it and connected stories as a child. But not studied it indepth. Also am not a writer. Will also be inactive for some time now. Best wishes to all participants 👍🏼

Edited by Anjureads - 1 years ago

Thanks for the tag. I have sent a request to join the forumn

About the contest could you help with some doubts?

1) What exactly is nano drama and nano tale. How are they different from each other ?

2) Does the nano tale have to be in continuation with nano drama or they can be two completely different stories ?

3) What about the language to be used ? Does it have to be purely english or can it be a mix of english and some hindi/sanskrit words ?

4) How many entries can each person submit ?

Edited by vaidharbhi95 - 1 years ago

Replies in green. Quantum-Dot is organizing the contest and I am only participating, so my answers aren't official.

vaidharbhi95 wrote:

1) What exactly is nano drama and nano tale. How are they different from each other ?

Nano Drama = a play or scene (dialogues, speaker names, actions, setting) all within 50 words

Nano Tale = a story or narrative (sentences, feelings) within 15 words

2) Does the nano tale have to be in continuation with nano drama or they can be two completely different stories ?

Voters will not know who wrote which entry, so they can't evaluate any two entries as a continuous story. Each Nano Drama and each Nano Tale should stand alone.

3) What about the language to be used ? Does it have to be purely english or can it be a mix of english and some hindi/sanskrit words ?

Voters may not understand Saṃskṛta. Or Hindi. Or English. Use whatever words make your writing most clear.

You can write any number of Nano Dramas and any number of Nano Tales.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago

Replies in green. Quantum-Dot is organizing the contest and I am only participating, so my answers aren't official.

vaidharbhi95 wrote:

Nano Drama = a play or scene (dialogues, speaker names, actions, setting) all within 50 words

Nano Tale = a story or narrative (sentences, feelings) within 15 words

Voters will not know who wrote which entry, so they can't evaluate any two entries as a continuous story. Each Nano Drama and each Nano Tale should stand alone.

Voters may not understand Saṃskṛta. Or Hindi. Or English. Use whatever words make your writing most clear.

You can write any number of Nano Dramas and any number of Nano Tales.

Is there a sample nano drama from any previous contest or thread that I can refer?

Also should we give a title to the nano drama/ tale . Will that be included in 50 words word limit ? 

Edited by vaidharbhi95 - 1 years ago