Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

I am kind of glad Ajay has only done 1 film with Rohit the last 5 years excluding cameos, people were like Ajay can only give hits with Rohit the last few years, now he is a successful franchise outside Rohit and is giving hit after hit without Rohit the last few years like Raid, Drishyam , Tanahji, De Pyaar De etc forgetting that before Ajay, Rohit was a nobody and it was Ajay relationship that got him producers for Golmaal after his first flop film.

Edited by lauriesa - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

There are, indeed, some valuable arguments that could make the movie an unsuccessful one.

1) Shakespeare's play "Comedy of Errors" is a rather well-known one and the trope with twins separated at young age is - as far as I know - a very beloved trope in Indian Cinema.

Shakespeare most probably got his idea for the famous play after having read a comedy of the famous latin comedy writer Plautus ("Menaechmi"); he  added a second pair of twins to create even more confusion and adapted the plot to his time.

Like Angoor (and the precedent Indian adaptations, the Hindi Do Dooni Chaar and the Bengali Bhranti Bilas), also Cirkus will have the two twin-pairs and - most probably - the same comedy concept.

2) Ranveer actually isn't in a positive position, not because he's a bad actor but because currently he wasn't successful. All the awards he got this year don't change this impression, in the contrary.

3) I don't know how many will watch the movie only to see Ajay's cameo (or Deepika's, too?), but even those (imo "good will" cameos) won't change something, if the rest of the movie doesn't 'click' with the audience.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Marjorie_Rhyme

LMFAO PLEASE!!!! 🤣🤣

I love how you conveniently forgot your darling Ajay's recent theatrical DISASTERS AND FLOPS like Thank God and Runway 34 🤪

even your Ajay's stupid film called Bhuj: The Pride of India was a major FLOP on OTT platform...commercially and critically! the major critics really destroyed Bhuj and the public also rejected the garbage Bhuj on the grounds of being a terrible movie with terrible performances by every cast member especially your Ajay.

so give us a break and STOP trying to fool the public with your blatant misinformation and rumormongering

So you bring up two disasters in a year where almost everyone is flopping and you refuse to bring up his 6 hits that has nothing to do with Rohit the last 5 years? This Tweet sums it up really, Bhuj was OTT no one gives a crap. 

https://twitter.com/HimeshMankad/status/1596067390370217984

Ajay is a superstar with or without Rohit. 

Edited by lauriesa - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I think, lauriesa is right with her argument that the collaboration between Ajay and Rohit was very successful. That reminds me a bit the way the collaboration between Karan Johar and SRK was successful, too.

Rohit did his first seven movies with Ajay (who therefore indeed helped Rohit to get a good reputation...and him a streak of successful movies), Karan did his first three with SRK and then two others (which also helped Karan to develop Dharma as an important production house).

So, I can understand that she is happy that Ajay also had successful movies without Rohit Shetty.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marjorie_Rhyme

LMFAO PLEASE!!!! 🤣🤣

I love how you conveniently forgot your darling Ajay's recent theatrical DISASTERS AND FLOPS like Thank God and Runway 34 🤪

even your Ajay's stupid film called Bhuj: The Pride of India was a major FLOP on OTT platform...commercially and critically! the major critics really destroyed Bhuj and the public also rejected the garbage Bhuj on the grounds of being a terrible movie with terrible performances by every cast member especially your Ajay.

so give us a break and STOP trying to fool the public with your blatant misinformation and rumormongering

FOD ? 😂 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I like RS movies 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Rohit's name value will still sail it to a hit. But Ranveer's recent disasters are making investors wary. You can't really fool people with buying awards. 

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rohit's forte is masala, comic action thriller with a bit of relationship emotion.

Anything that he has done outside of this has not helped him, classic case is Dilwale in spite of SRK-Kajol pair, the film is the least roi of his films after being successful.

This seems to be a tried trope and unless really made well .High chances of it not doing well as it is not typical Rohit Shetty and people want to watch a Singham brand or Golmaal type of film from him .

Simba was the cop universe so did well and so was Sooryavanshi though not his best movies.. Singham still is his best.

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

What is the authenticity of this information? I remember this same portal whining endlessly about how folks were spreading unfair negativity about the masterpiece Shamshera. Even during Brahmastra they continued their crying about how people were after their own industry i stead of showing unity and supporting the movie. Now what happened to all that gyan?