Member Topic : Let’s Discuss Vacations 🏝 ✈️ 🌺

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Please don’t shift the topic. It belongs here 

What are your best vacations in your life’s history ? 

Top 3 for me 

3. July 2016 Houston for my brothers wedding

2. Summer 2008 I went to Sudan 😂 

1. February/March 2018 trip to Pakistan/Dubai 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sorry, I never get to go on many vacations as I'm quite poor. I end up taking 5-6 international trips a year because that's all I can afford. 5 star hotels get expensive. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

2004-5 trip to Egypt & Turkey. I wasn’t charmed by Egypt, but Turkey quite stole my heart!!

But the main highlight of my vacation life has been my first Europe trip when I was 10. It was absolutely the most exhilarating trip of my life!!! Waking up, being given fresh, hot croissants & seeing misty Paris from my plane window, will always be special. ❤️

In india- Rajasthan every single time. ❤️ not only is it my home state, it’s absolutely magically transportative!!!! Planning a Jaipur trip with a friend this Dec too. Fingers crossed. ❤️

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 1 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Kashmir in my childhood. It was April, and winter wasn't over. First time I ever saw snow. I thought someone was shaking feathers loose outside my window.😆 It got so bad a couple of times that the entire first floor of the restaurant (in Gulmarg) was iced out. They had stairs going to the top floor which were kept clean. I also remember seeing a road sign: Drive carefully. Heaven is crowded. 😆 Anyway, the Himalayas are something else, man. I'd like to retire there, except it would be too cold.

Trip to Sikkim back when was 15. Rumtek monastery was awesome. I wish I could've walked across the border to China and back, but it's not allowed.

Trip to Amsterdam in my 20s. Yeah, the usual visit to red light district and museums and boat rides. But the vibe of the city is what got me.

Trekking the French Alps also in my 20s. I visited the shrine of Our Lady of Miracles in Lourdes and took a dip in the holy pool. It was... peaceful. I'd like to do it again to experience the feeling. Life isn't very peaceful these days. 

I once drove down Highway One in Cali and kept driving until I was 200 miles into Mexico. 😆 When I got out for some food, I ended up in an Indian restaurant of all places. The owner said he and his friend went to Mexico to sneak across the border. His friend made it. He didn't. Then, he married a local woman and stayed. And yeah, returning home was a pain. 4 hours in line at the border to verify identity.😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Leh/Ladakh - I have made two trips (once as a teenager and another as an adult). LOVE IT to the core. Cant wait to go back

Iceland - One of the best trips, not just because of the place (it was absolutely stunning) but because very rarely do you find a like minded group you are comfy with. 

Rajasthan - Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur. The history, the food, the people, the culture and the sand dunes ❤️

These would be my top 3 - NYC almost made it

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Sorry, I never get to go on many vacations as I'm quite poor. I end up taking 5-6 international trips a year because that's all I can afford. 5 star hotels get expensive. 

aye chal.....hum log toh itne gareeb the ki humare Papa saal mein sirf ek baar humein America le jaa paate the...😭😭

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Rome in 2011

It was my idea of a perfect vacation

The history, the architecture, the food, the company...it all added up to make memories that would last a lifetime.

I had the most wonderful time!

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Not a vacation but as a kid I lived in Jorhat, Assam due to my dad's job before urbanization had hit the city completely. That was by far the best days of my life, the place was a breath of fresh air. It was so perfect that it feels like a utopia now. I'm not kidding when I say that, that place really has something magical. I haven't been there in years, alot would have changed now though. 

Edited by DetachednNumb - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

There are so many as we are always on tour only. If there is a 3-4 days long weekend, we always go for trips.

Fav 3 will be the one to Mclodganjh, Jaipur & Goa. We had gone from Mumbai to Goa, it became totally adventures coz during that trip, we face rain, petrol shortage & almost a fight with locals. Jab plan kiya tha tab socha tha DCH jaisa hoga, ghantaa waisa kuch hua 😆

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

My most memorable Trip were to Hawaii, Bahamas and Bora Bora. 

Aisa kabhi in future mai kehne ko mile bas itni hai khawaish